Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cephalon Simaris standing from Sanctuary Onslaught

Navarc

We get Cephalon Simaris standing from helping Cephalon Simaris work on his sanctuary. I feel like the same applies when we're helping him through Onslaught.
Doesn't have to be anything godly, maybe 250 per stage on normal and 500 per stage on elite? Just an alternative to scanning the targets. Most other syndicates have several options in gameplay for gathering standing, it's just Quills & Cephalon Simaris left over now isn't it?

• Like 3

Yeah I second the motion. As of now getting Simaris standing is tedious and completely outside of the game. At lest some standing will make the absymal Onslaught drops a bit more interesting/useful.

3 hours ago, S0thaSil said:

Agreed , we should earn standings for helping simaris in the Onslaught

3 hours ago, den2k said:

Yeah I second the motion. As of now getting Simaris standing is tedious and completely outside of the game. At lest some standing will make the absymal Onslaught drops a bit more interesting/useful.

Thanks for the support, does the amount of standing seem like too much or too little?

While I agree to some extent on this. I can see why DE didn't already make it. 

In ESO, you can as of right now earn:

- Experience for warframes, weapons, companions & sentinels/+weapons
- Focus Points
- Syndicate Daily Standing
while getting rewards from completing waves.

Adding more to this list would just make ESO the one thing you need to do for everything in the game. So this is probably never going to happen, and if it does somehow, expect something to be traded with it instead of just being added in on top of everything.

It seems something, which is betther than nothing. and it would catch two birds with one stone:

1) Finally a way to get some Simaris Standing, helping Simaris so lore-wise it's ok, without having to do those dumb "search with scanner, use an useless gear item which you will probably have forgot to equip because it is useless to freeze it, scan it half a dozen times";
2) It would give some appeal to the Onslaught mode, which as of now it is incredibly frustrating, unstable, not funny and absolutely unrewarding.

1 minute ago, haloamted said:

- Focus Points

Adding more to this list would just make ESO the one thing you need to do for everything in the game. So this is probably never going to happen, and if it does somehow, expect something to be traded with it instead of just being added in on top of everything.

With the dilution of the drop tables you can't actually earn nothing except for stomacache due to the problems affecting that type of missions:

1) Difficulty to choose when to exit (sometimes the portal opens up right above you);
2) Difficulty to coordinate when to exit, as typing a message with scores of enemies shooting you and that efficiency counter dropping is not feasble after 4th wave;
3) Meta is king, all the rest can't compete;
4) By the gods, enemies pathfinding is absymal. They should assault you not take coffee breaks on each corner of the map;
5) Spawn rate is low and there is no efficiency cushion, like a hidden counter up to 120%, so that when you top off the 100% efficiency you have an efficiency buffer to hunt for missing enemies;
6) Labyrinthine maps, with dead ends, on this kind of missions? Use the effing arenas for goodness sake! Time you find the enemies you get stuck in the map buttplate and have to backtrack through maze, and the efficiency drops;
7) 5 minutes per rotation. Just like Survival. Why?

1 hour ago, haloamted said:

- Focus Points

in theory that sounds like a whole lot , but we all know ESO is mainly used for focus farming. if you're looking to rank up your mastery you'd most likely spam hydron (in which you could also reach ur daily syndicate standing cap)
500 standings per zone at eso or 2k standings per 4 zones seems fair enough imo

I support this, and I also support moving Sanctuary rewards to Simaris's Standing table, rather than having them as random rewards. In general, the random drop system I think is an outdated and borderline abusive way to pad out content, as it relies on Skinner Box-like random reinforcement to force players into repetition. I like Onslaught, for the most part, but no part of any game, even Warframe, will feel good if one is pushed to play it for hours and still not get the reward one set out to achieve.

Adding to this, if DE really wants to restrict certain rewards to ESO specifically, it might help to have every few ESO waves reward a certain number of special tokens, to go alongside Standing rewards (which should be based off of score). Wave 2 could give 1 token, wave 4 could give 2, wave 6 could give 3, and so on ad infinitum. That way, players could still end up spending the same amount of time trying to get Khora parts, Peculiar mods, Vandal weapons, etc., perhaps spend more time even, and still feel better about it, as they'd be progressing towards incremental rewards, rather than a random chance at some reward.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2018-07-27 at 2:28 PM, Teridax68 said:

I support this, and I also support moving Sanctuary rewards to Simaris's Standing table, rather than having them as random rewards. In general, the random drop system I think is an outdated and borderline abusive way to pad out content, as it relies on Skinner Box-like random reinforcement to force players into repetition. I like Onslaught, for the most part, but no part of any game, even Warframe, will feel good if one is pushed to play it for hours and still not get the reward one set out to achieve.

Adding to this, if DE really wants to restrict certain rewards to ESO specifically, it might help to have every few ESO waves reward a certain number of special tokens, to go alongside Standing rewards (which should be based off of score). Wave 2 could give 1 token, wave 4 could give 2, wave 6 could give 3, and so on ad infinitum. That way, players could still end up spending the same amount of time trying to get Khora parts, Peculiar mods, Vandal weapons, etc., perhaps spend more time even, and still feel better about it, as they'd be progressing towards incremental rewards, rather than a random chance at some reward.

Allowing people to trade in for what they're too unlucky to obtain really would be optimal. But in general they seem very against token systems.

On 2018-08-14 at 12:29 AM, (XB1)RPColten said:

This seems rather unnecessary considering the player already has access to two strong and reliable methods of gaining Simaris reputation. Adding on a third somewhat lackluster method seems redundant.

What purpose does this serve?

Sorry what 2 options do you mean? Scanning and..?

9 hours ago, Navarchus said:

Sorry what 2 options do you mean? Scanning and..?

The scan target bounties and scanning generic items and enemies. Unalerted enemies give double affinity reputation. A player is able to go into a single high-level exterminate mission, like the Grineer one (Adaro?), and completely cap their Simaris reputation in less than 10 minutes just by scanning unalerted enemies.

12 hours ago, (XB1)RPColten said:

The scan target bounties and scanning generic items and enemies. Unalerted enemies give double affinity reputation. A player is able to go into a single high-level exterminate mission, like the Grineer one (Adaro?), and completely cap their Simaris reputation in less than 10 minutes just by scanning unalerted enemies.

Okay so scanning and scanning. Yeah that's not the kind alternative I'm talking about.

For example, for syndicates like steel meridian you have syndicate missions where you can choose to pick up additional items to turn in for more standing & you have the sigils you can equip for standing in all missions. 
For factions like Ostron, you can do their bounties & you can just turn in the resources you've gathered for standing.

But Simaris just has the scanner right now. There's no alternative for people who don't enjoy the scanning and I so I think it's entirely reasonable that since the faction standing isn't "scanning standing" it's "simaris standing" for assisting Simaris, it's not unsreasonable for you to get a little bit of standing from doing his endless onslaught which is assisting him.  View the scanner like a sigil if it makes it easier for you to understand.

Edited by Navarchus

9 hours ago, (XB1)RPColten said:

@Navarchus

I don't disagree on the notion that it would be reasonable to gain reputation with Simaris when participating in the Sanctuary Onslaught tests. It makes sense as you said with the player essentially helping him with his studies. I only disagree on it being a necessary inclusion to the rewards from it.

It's absolutely not a necessity. The game isn't going to die if it's not added. It's a suggestion for another way of getting the reputation & a wider amount of the community will be interested in doing the Onslaught mission types. The daily cap remains the same.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2018-07-26 at 7:15 AM, haloamted said:

- Focus Points
? while getting rewards from completing waves.

People already use it to power rank gear. And honestly, you get all those rewards doing regular syndicate missions as well. Honestly, the approach DE could take to counter that is if you want Simaris standing passively, equip a sigil for him. You get passive standing like the other syndicates, and it takes from your daily pool of possible standing. Honestly it shouldn't be this much of a pain in the butt to grind standing for something. Totally on board that there should be another way to earn Simaris standing.

On 2018-08-19 at 5:04 AM, Synpai said:

My first thought was"rewards suck," but I understand why the rewards are the way they are to some extent; however I feel that Onslaught could’ve added an alternative to gaining Simaris syndicate standing and SCANS:

1. A chance to scan enemies on kill (possibly a scanner augment for Sanctuary Onslaught)
  2. Possibly an increase to Simaris standing gains the longer you last
  3. More enemy diversity (Wild Kavats, Inaros Rock enemies, Vomvalysts (maybe Elite only), Basically non-boss enemies)
  4. Chance to spawn Sythesis targets (adds Standing and Efficiency on scan, removes efficiency on kill;That way nukes have to throw caution to the wind)

????????

Sad I didn't see this in my search.

Spoiler

Edited by Synpai