Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rank up mission

Lamasta

Hi,

After a random mission i noticed that i can go to rank 7, the first 6 rank-ups are very easy. So i wanted to do level 7 right away.
This one was about using a new warframe and just befor i started i equipped a new one so thats why i lost and now i have to wait 24 hr.

Why you would put a time-out on it is a mindblowingly bad thing in my mind and i wont be returning to the game because of it.
But if you really want to put a time-out on it if a player fails, maybe then tell the player what the challenge will befor the mission. And tell befor they start that if they fail they need to wait 24hrs befor trying again.

So thats why im not coming back to Warframe, and thank god because i was about to buy the rhino prime pack. But after this thing, hell no. 24 hr's after one fail…. rly?!

Cheers guys i had a good time playing.

Thats right, its a game. But the game is not letting me play. If thats the case then fine i wont.

Feedback why some one is leaving might be good to know for the game, i really see no reason why this time-out is needed or a improvement.
But i had fun and this is my goodbye gift, like a beta tester. 

Well like i said it was not hard but i had a new Warframe equipped. They dont say anything about what the challenge is or i would have used my old one and it would be easy mode. reflecting on something this easy not somthing i would like to do in a game where i had it easy up till this challenge. And this is easy aswell if you are not trying out new frames.

Grow up kid? Really? Last i checked when i want play a part of a game thats locked after one try for whatever reason its a restriction to the part of the game i wanted to play. i would love being a kid again tho.

But anyway kiddo's i made this topic to let a dev that might be reading this know about why they put something like that in place, i see no up side to it. And the effect it had on me, thats all.
I might be the only one having a prob with this, then dont chance a thing. When i told my friends that were downloading the game they stopped it aswell. We are moving on to the next game, np. WOW exp coming soon.

So 24hr's when something go's rong in a rank up games sucks. maybe place a time-out like 30 min or something like that? Or give a player 3 try's befor giving a time out.
To hard... Lol

3 minutes ago, Lamasta said:

Well like i said it was not hard but i had a new Warframe equipped. They dont say anything about what the challenge is or i would have used my old one and it would be easy mode. reflecting on something this easy not somthing i would like to do in a game where i had it easy up till this challenge. And this is easy aswell if you are not trying out new frames.

Grow up kid? Really? Last i checked when i want play a part of a game thats locked after one try for whatever reason its a restriction to the part of the game i wanted to play. i would love being a kid again tho.

But anyway kiddo's i made this topic to let a dev that might be reading this know about why they put something like that in place, i see no up side to it. And the effect it had on me, thats all.
I might be the only one having a prob with this, then dont chance a thing. When i told my friends that were downloading the game they stopped it aswell. We are moving on to the next game, np. WOW exp coming soon.

So 24hr's when something go's rong in a rank up games sucks. maybe place a time-out like 30 min or something like that? Or give a player 3 try's befor giving a time out.
To hard... Lol

Have you unlocked Cephalon Simaris yet? Because where he is located on the relay is every Rank Test. You get to practice them before doing them so you can learn what they are, and formulate a strategy. 

The 24hour cooldown is the only penalty you pay for failing. and it's a light penalty. You don't loose affinity and have to re-earn it, you don't lose creds, all you do is have to patiently wait a day to do it again while you can still earn more affinity towards the rank after.

When I started playing we didn't have Simaris, we failed and then we came back the next day, we didn't run away with our tails between our legs. You chose to use a new frame, and now you blame DE for your failure. Okay...

I did not know that but maybe testing it befor trying it for real is a good one to add in a way that its part of the ranking systeem.

Im starting to think that you guys think more of this game then i do, were not talking about work or real life goals here whit that running away S#&$. After a day of work or whatever i like a play a game for like a hr or 2. Im not playing games that are time gating me like this. Maybe there are more ppl stop playing like me and are not saying anything about it, so do whit it what you will.

Im not blaming anyone, i just dont think its positief to limit something like that this way, i would prefer no penalty or something like dark souls. okay...…. GL

7 minutes ago, Lamasta said:

After a day of work or whatever i like a play a game for like a hr or 2. Im not playing games that are time gating me like this.

Then you should bookmark this little helper

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki

cuts down time immensly when you are unsure of things.

As for the mentioned "Problem": 

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Mastery_Rank#Rank 8 and scroll down

6 minutes ago, Lamasta said:

I did not know that but maybe testing it befor trying it for real is a good one to add in a way that its part of the ranking systeem.

Im starting to think that you guys think more of this game then i do, were not talking about work or real life goals here whit that running away S#&$. After a day of work or whatever i like a play a game for like a hr or 2. Im not playing games that are time gating me like this. Maybe there are more ppl stop playing like me and are not saying anything about it, so do whit it what you will.

Im not blaming anyone, i just dont think its positief to limit something like that this way, i would prefer no penalty or something like dark souls. okay...…. GL

The game is free to play, you can get everything within it free essentially, so in order to keep people playing for longer periods, and not just get everything day one, DE adds time gates to things, building things, events, and what you ran into, the rank up system. As others have stated, that timer only limits you from trying to go to Mr 7 again right away. You still have access to everything else in the game, and any XP you get during that time, still goes toward the next level, even though you haven't leveled up.

Your whole argument is that your quitting because you can't be MR7 right this minute, but have to wait 24 hours... but stating that it is locking you from playing the game... it doesn't make sense. 

My argument is that i dont see the benifit to put a 24 hr penalty on a rank up systeem, why is that a good think? i understand that if you wanne play it for free you need to wait for the items to be made. I have no probs that. This pentaly came out of nowhere and it killed my joy in the game. It stopped me and i didnt know that you can keep getting xp even if you dont rank up. Im a new player and this systeem isnt newplayer friendly. what i was thinking when it happend is "wtf why?! And now im xp capt anyway so no point in leveling wapons and warframes now. and im not going to wait around for that, next!"

I dont see a reason to stop me achiefing a goal whit a 24hr gate in THIS systeem of a rank up missions. Why would that help me or the game? That (to me) makes no sense and thats why im giffing feedback.

Maybe im not right persoon for this typ of game because you guys clealy like it but im sure there are more ppl like me that wont like stuff like that when its not needed and might stop other players aswell. Would you dislike the game if they removed the 24 hr timegate? if not, its only a + when they removed it. So good feedback that improves the game if im right. 

The benefit is just that, to make you wait 24 hours, in that time you can properly gear up, and go do the Simaris training version in a relay. It also stats when you go to start it, that there is a 24 hour penalty if you fail it, I believe it says along the lines of "If you fail this mission, you will have to wait 24 hours until your next attempt" before you hit start. I may not have it exact, I haven't needed to rank up in a long time, but I know it says it. There is also this same system in place if you complete it, so that you can't instantly go into the next rank test after, say complete 7, then complete 8 right after. I also don't see why you're in a rush to level up your MR? the only major things beyond 6, are just different vaulted primes, and rivens, which you can play without, as many people have before they existed. And if you rush through the rank up system, then you reach what ever one does, the "what do I do now? There's nothing... Why did I rush through this...". 

If you we’re headed inro MR7 than you should already know where to go practice the next test so you can know what is needed and how to pass it. 24hr lock out is standard stuff for the MR tests, puts a little more on the line. How did you pass MR5 without failing out? Pretty sure all the tests have a time limit too.

Why would you put a other systeem in place to practice a rank up level, why not then just remove the 24hr lock OR put the practice part as a option in the same systeem.
This is just bad design. And how did i already need to know about the practice part? did i get a quest or info about it? no. Bad desing.

18 minutes ago, Lamasta said:

Why would you put a other systeem in place to practice a rank up level, why not then just remove the 24hr lock OR put the practice part as a option in the same systeem.
This is just bad design. And how did i already need to know about the practice part? did i get a quest or info about it? no. Bad desing.

Several of the test do give you multiple tries. The time limit is there to stop people just retrying over and over which would make the test pointless.

That said they really should tell you that you can practice, I agree there.

The tests are such a tiny aspect of the game though and if you fail one just do something else until the timer expires. Any mastery rank you gain isn't lost whilst you retry so you could literally fail for months and when you finally pass it be close to rank 8 right away. I spent ages on the rank 9 test until I figured out what it was trying to teach me.