Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stuck in the story mission years ago

LostMilip

Question

I stuck in one of the main story missions years ago, and I can't do anything.

Every time I load in the game I start in my ship, with the Lotus in my arms. I walk down in the lower area, but I can't move forward with the mission, the enemy is pushing me back continuously, I am not able to do anything about it. I know what I should do, what button to press, but I am not actually able to do what I should. I can't even abandon this rubbish mission, because there is no such option.

I abandoned the game years ago because of not being able to move forward, I would like to play it again, but I put platinum in the game, so I don't want to delete my account and start anew, but I can't do anything else, so I'm afraid I will have to do that.

Any suggestion is welcome...

12 answers to this question

18 minutes ago, dONALD8152 said:

with the Lotus in my arms...

You're in for a surprise, please don't give up... as Clem Prime Umbra said, just shoot at the Stalker and move 3-4 steps each time. Rince and repeat until you reach the central part and shoot at the globe above you, repeat the operation as much as necessary and voila.

Here's a video showing you what to do, start it at around 4-5 minute but please don't watch passed the 6.20 minute mark as you'll risk a MAJOR spoil...

Edited by kebra

Verify your cache / optimize your game.

When I did that quest, I didn't realize how long it would take and had to leave my computer for a while. That screwed up something and got me stuck as well. Verifying game data fixed the issue.

Okay!

Thank you guys for your suggestions! :)

Turns out my sensitivity was too high, I have to lower my DPI of my mouse. Once I lowered the in-game mouse sensitivity, I was able to do the mission for the first try.

Now I'm back baby! 😎

On 2018-08-09 at 4:30 PM, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

To bad you didnt ask for help years ago.....

No, I did, and I got the same suggestions. :)

Technically, those were not much help, also the other part of the reason for quitting the game still exists: the fact that I'm physically unable to do the mastery test to get to lvl 8 no matter what I do. But that's off-topic, and irrelevant.

4 hours ago, dONALD8152 said:

No, I did, and I got the same suggestions. :)

Technically, those were not much help, also the other part of the reason for quitting the game still exists: the fact that I'm physically unable to do the mastery test to get to lvl 8 no matter what I do. But that's off-topic, and irrelevant.

In the relays you can fast travel to simaris and on the left side (as you go out of the room) you can Practice all of the mastery rank tests as many times as you want.

The thing that tripped me up on this was that your beam needs to make contact with the Stalker's blade attacks to negate them. The crosshair location is slightly misleading for targets close to you, so it might help to kind of sweep your aim up and down while holding the fire button to make sure you actually intersect the blade and destroy it.

4 hours ago, tobascodagama said:

The thing that tripped me up on this was that your beam needs to make contact with the Stalker's blade attacks to negate them. The crosshair location is slightly misleading for targets close to you, so it might help to kind of sweep your aim up and down while holding the fire button to make sure you actually intersect the blade and destroy it.

Oh yeah, the design of some of the story missions are sometimes very jerky.

12 hours ago, Nephalem said:

In the relays you can fast travel to simaris and on the left side (as you go out of the room) you can Practice all of the mastery rank tests as many times as you want.

Yeah, thank you, but it doesn't help, the problem is with my actual physical abilities.