Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Release conclave as a separate game on steam with ability to transfer your fashion

Aure7

Basically it would be a standalone title on steam and all other platforms. Even more isolated than it is now, for it's own well being.

• You could transfer your progression from the PVE warframe.
  • You could get gear and fashion within the PVP game.
  • However you couldn't transfer items back to PVE game with the exception of some cosmetics.

This achieves:

• A stream of new players checking it out. The monstrosity that is main warframe will not overshadow the PVP as much as it does now.
  • The balance will be even more isolated with PVP team potentially reworking gear to suit PVP even better.
  • The codebase and netcode in general could (I guess) become more tidy because the game would be a lot more lightweight. Better performance.
  • Smaller download. Some people care only about PVP.
  • Server browser, ranks, stats, UI, replays, all that good stuff that a proper PVP games has.
  • Publicity on twitch since it's a different title. Competitive scene.

Kind of like don't starve has different game for the classic version and don't starve together for multiplayer. And some other battle royale games I think.
Anyway under the hood the game is still mostly same, the art and the engine.

Please please please please please please please please please.

I go into conclave but literally nobody is playing. 😭

An idea I've been promoting in every comment of mine in this forums section. Thousand times "Yes". Pure Warframe PvP without tying it to PvE economy is what Conclave desperately needs right now. No brainless grineer dummies grind for ones who doesn't like it. Separately positioned game not connected to Warframe (except maybe PvE to PvP account transfer). Maybe won't solve every single problem the Conclave has, but certainly will give it a second wind... And a chance to finally implement server browser.

And please, give it a killing spree announcer. Idk, maybe Teshin screaming "Ultra Kill" is a bit too much, but a less personified disembodied voice would be pretty OK.

Edited by ant99999
spelling

20 hours ago, cghawk said:

why would people play it over say CoD for example? as is shown in conclave you basically have to neuter the warframe experience so much you're almost playing your standard 3rd person shooter on console

maybe pvp with AI grunts or minions? Like mobas or titanfall or for honor. I think the weaponry and movement of warframe is also enough of a appeal.

On 2018-08-05 at 3:44 PM, Aure7 said:
  • Server browser

This

On 2018-08-05 at 4:05 PM, cghawk said:

why would people play it over say CoD for example? as is shown in conclave you basically have to neuter the warframe experience so much you're almost playing your standard 3rd person shooter on console

Because you cannot bullet jump, wall hop, aerial kick, full melee, block bullets, use powers, etc, in CoD.

Conclave has a lot of untapped potential, but people don't come to Warframe for PvP, they come to farm PvE and look good doing it.

Edited by Nighttide77

There's no need to do something as overly complicated as making a standalone Conclave program and having to transfer over so much character data.

DE could add ways to get all of the weapons and warframes through Conclave, add a server browser, and then release Conclave advertisement videos to stir interest and attract new players. The game would probably need an in-depth Conclave tutorial, though.

Still you all miss a point. Separate game means separate Steam store page, separate chats, separate achievements - separate community overal. That's what Conclave needs, its not the separate .exe file that is so important.

The Conclave being tied to the main game means there always will be PvE community that prevails, because PvE part is obviously going to attract more people. And because these communities are (mostly) so different, this prevalence is so harmful for Conclave right now.

Even now, in this thread, some people are looking on Conclave from PvE perspective, thinking the more different activities are within one game, the better. But actually the Conclave isn't just another activity, it is almost another game.

Some of you may be thinking: 'Well, but in Unreal or Titanfall series for example there are games where camaign and PvP are in one client and everything is ok.' Yes there are, but that is because there isn't such a massive differense between PvE and PvP in these games. Allow Grineer soldiers to bullet jump, aim glide and shoot in your head instead of missing every single shot like they are half-blind, and there will be no need in separating the modes, because they will be similar, and so will be the communities. But that is not the solution, right? So, then there's only one other way out - separation.

It's a free to play game...PVE would be really happy to be rid of PVP as PVP would be happy to be rid of PVE...All that room dedicated to just one experience...So if any game could do it, it would be Warframe....Though I don't see the point in trying to keep cosmetics transferring back and forth, but a game based on Warframe with a fresh start...that might be viable...especially if you had it between the various factions from Grineer to Infested with heroic units....that would be easier to balance compared to the standard Warframes now in PVP, rather than say Grineer troopers vs Corporus ones...

On 2018-08-09 at 10:39 AM, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

It's a free to play game...PVE would be really happy to be rid of PVP as PVP would be happy to be rid of PVE...All that room dedicated to just one experience...So if any game could do it, it would be Warframe....Though I don't see the point in trying to keep cosmetics transferring back and forth, but a game based on Warframe with a fresh start...that might be viable...especially if you had it between the various factions from Grineer to Infested with heroic units....that would be easier to balance compared to the standard Warframes now in PVP, rather than say Grineer troopers vs Corporus ones...

There is literally not one single PvP player who would want to get rid of the PvE aspect.

The PvE is the bread and butter of the game, no one will deny that. But PvP fans just want the PvP thats already here to be worked on and not be so lackluster.

6 hours ago, Talonflight said:

The PvE is the bread and butter of the game, no one will deny that. But PvP fans just want the PvP thats already here to be worked on and not be so lackluster.

I, for one, would still play Warframe if DE produced Conclave as a separate game.  I have no problem loading 2 separate programs when I want one or the other.  >_> I already do.

I think the main point of this thread is that PvP in Warframe cannot surpass the limits of "lackluster" unless it is unbound from the PvE side.

20 hours ago, Talonflight said:

There is literally not one single PvP player who would want to get rid of the PvE aspect.

The difference between Warframe and other titles is the free to play aspect...you wouldn't be hurting the game, you would give some more space to PVE players with Conclave off on another program doing its own thing while both versions are making use of the of room for various modes, maps, and assets not dedicated to the other.

PVP would benefit greatly from that space...as to it surviving on it's own...well that up to DE or whoever they would hypothetically contract this off to and Conclave players on their input into making a game that can survive in a already saturated market...but for me the exercise of separating the two...might be a very interesting gamble that could benefit a lot of games down the road in forgoing the already established tug of war between PVE and PVP,...

I think that I highly disagree with all posters above. 

One of the main draws about Warframe is that they enjoy taking things that they earn in PvE, their warframes/weapons, and enjoy taking those into PvP. There is also a portion that enjoys PvP cosmetics in PvE gameplay, as well as those who wish for a return of the Clan vs Clan system. There are currently already 2 different teams who work on Conclave and PvE, who do their own things separately. Removing the game from the same platform accomplishes nothing except further widening the divide, which will only split the fanbase further and will cause people to begin taking sides more so than they already do on the topic.

• 2 weeks later...