Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Progression help

BRT_LovesSushi

Question

Hello,

Right upfront - I’m a casual player with a little over a 100 hours in. MR5, main with Rhino and Ash Prime (Tenno-con stream gift, thank you DE), I just Unlocked Jupiter, trying to build Frost currently. But right now I’m missing a single key component for building forma - the same needed to build Frost 😞 I only try to spend plat on cosmetics and slots, but the game really seems to be saying if you want this now spend the 10 plat to make it happen. My question is this, should I even worry about forma-ing things at this point? With decent mods and the right elemental builds I can hold my own against 25-35’s but not much more... It makes sense to start, but then again maybe I should just focus on storylines and finishing out the star chart? Since the game is in constant development and refinement it seems like you should really have the star chart filled out before refining anything, but for example I’ve got a decent Hek that I want to forma 4 times so it can be ready for higher level content but making forma seems like a distant dream right now. I did buy this endless blue print to make the missing element but it requires 50,000 spores per run of the component (can’t think of the name right now) Used to be a raid reward, no idea where it drops currently - cost some serious plat (100p) but I got it 1/2 off on a daily special.

In summery, with Warframe, what should come first - the chicken or the egg? Also, should I finish out the star chart before spending any serious time on the plains? I’d love to build some custom melee weapons there, but again, doesn’t seem like that should be a priority. 

Thanks in advanced, really love the game it officially has made to my permanently installed drive and I’m only a little over a month in 🙂

Edited by BRT_LovesSushi

10 answers to this question

Sweet, good to know! I just unlocked Jupiter but hadn’t spent any time there since I stayed on Ceres to farm Frost. Still, in your opinion, should I even worry about forma at this point? I’m not sure if it’s best policy to min max certain gear for where I’m at in the game or just not worry about it yet and play on.

25 minutes ago, BRT_LovesSushi said:

Still, in your opinion, should I even worry about forma at this point?

1. Use catalyst on a weapon you really like (Rest is considered MR Fodder)

2. If 1 is true and your weapon is still to weak, try upping your mods/changing your build

3. If 1 is true and you are using a decent build but still need more capacity and the weapon really fits you, yes you should start using Forma

meta weapons are always a good start where Forma don't go to waste, but still wasted if you don't like the weapon. Why using Forma on an Opticor when you can't stand single shot charging weapons?.

If you are reaching into endgame (post war within/sortie) you should have a Weapon of each type potatoed and forma'd (Sniper, Rifle, Shotgun, Secondary, Melee)

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

2 things my friend.

1. This site is your friend, got questions? no problem : http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki

2. Forma is something you can farm from relics and what to forma? you ask yourself, do I want to use this thing because I like it very much? if yes, forma it, if no then don't!

Another thing, make friends, they will help you when they can 😄

You can add me if you want, sorry if I can't help when you may need it 😞

I get that, and use both on the weapons and frames I dig the most, the hek for example, but even that has trouble around 35+ I’ve got a Rhino build that can go 35 min in an infested defense mission but at that point I’m barely hanging on - still finding myself the week link with many higher level players slumming it in the lower level pug games.

which usually gets some of the best mod drops - I’ve found 🙂

Edited by BRT_LovesSushi

3 minutes ago, BRT_LovesSushi said:

the hek for example, but even that has trouble around 35+

2 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Last week I started a fresh Account. I did complete all nodes till "The Sacrifice" with an unpotatoed Excal and a potatoed Hek with 0 Forma

I guess it's your current build then. Give me a minute to log in and make a screenshot of the Hek I was using there

there you go

54dVsR6.jpg

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

You were very vague on two points.   Whats the material your are missing to build frost/forma????   What exactly did you buy a blueprint of for 50% off ???

Other people can squad up with you and take you to planets that are locked for you, allowing you to get those rare materials you are missing.  

Catalyst/Reactor do give alot more bang for the buck than Forma but that are also alot more rare.   You really should try to save those for prime weapons/warframes.  Forma you can build every damn day if you felt like it so go ahead and use those to help make your crap gear stronger in the short term to help get your prime stuff..  

Ultimately it is having nice mods and having them maxed out which brings true power.  So get some primes and get to work.  

Edited by (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN

Hey AbBanDon,

the blueprint is the reusable neural sensor BP, bought it with a daily that gave 50% on plat items in the store the other day. Probably should have waited, but it seems neural sensors will be needed on a number of things going forward so I thought - might as well.

i’ve only got into solo and pug play so far, my two year old and work life keep me pretty busy so Warframe has really been more of a relaxation game for me at night - though I have put in a little over a 100 hours during July 😉 as I get into better planets I will start looking for more people to play with. I play on PC with a ds4 control pad, rarely find people running voice chat and I’m pretty bad at chat in game - so most of the time I’m just trying to help where I can and hold my own.

As I only have time for casual play right now I do cat/react anything I’m interested in - and I don’t mind giving some money to the dev/designers for their hard work, for example DE gave away Ash Prime (one of my mains now) so I bought him a skin to say thanks.

Lastly, it’s in my gaming nature to min max, but it seems like with Warframe I’m just spinning my wheels and not getting far that way - So, really I was just asking, given my setup, should just not worry about it for now and keep playing the star chart 🙂

Thanks to everyone that has responded, I think I got my answer, maybe I’ll see some you guys out there 🙂