Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's the point of Razor/Formorian event?

IIDMOII

Also, don't forget that not everyone starts as a high-level player.

Things like the Razorback showing up might be boring for some people, but I can't even do it... yet? I can do the discount stalkers, although I won't be playing over the weekend so I'll probably be missing some, I won't be getting a Rhino Prime either, since it's just too short for the amount of RNG involved.

Again, repeating such things gives everyone a shot at them, eventually.

And yeah, don't mix up "story" and "game". The Razorback thing might say that a relay is under attack and must be defended, but if you don't then it's the same like a Hijack core rupturing or something -- has a failure to hijack ever destroyed the associated star chart node? I'd love to see that happen. Or have Cetus overrun by Ghouls so the monkeys don't get on my nerves anymore and we don't have to play PoE. But none of that happens, even if the NPCs or alert texts say otherwise.

1 hour ago, Falconer777 said:

I see no reason to continue the discussion. Forgive me for the little "ad hominem", but you are a "white knight" on this forum)

To whom are you referring?  You didn't quote anyone.   As I'm the last person to post before your "reply", I'm assuming you're referring to me (correct me if I'm wrong), and to be quite honest, in any case, name-calling is not appreciated nor necessary.  Adding "labels" to people does nothing for this discussion.  

I certainly don't understand where you get this "white knight" label from, nor do I see how being a "good guy" would be an insult, but whatever.   Regardless, this seems to be a trend nowadays.  Anyone who agrees with you gets your "Like", and anyone who disagrees or shares a differing point-of-view receives labels such as "noob" or "white knight".   Why, is beyond me.  

All I did was point some facts out, as well as voiced my opinions on the forum, which, and I know this may be hard to believe, exist for that very purpose.  Open discussion.  That's literally what a "Forum" is (which is a term that long, LONG predates the internet).   

So, again, not sure why you feel the need to insult me with names and such, but I'm gonna keep execising my right to reply to comments and continue "discussions".  I'm no "white knight", but that doesn't mean I can't call out bs when I see it.  Feel free to do the same and let the community discuss to their hearts' content.

2 часа назад, Falconer777 сказал:

I see no reason to continue the discussion. Forgive me for the little "ad hominem", but you are a "white knight" on this forum)

"I think this pastry shop is nice, but there is nothing new to try. There are 101 items on menu and they are all baked goods. Seasonal Anyo Razor Flying Cake was bland and boring. It tastes similar to 9 other desserts.

After a year of daily visits I can not stand the smell of the fresh bread. Waiting for the new Fortuna Cold Orb Pies (even if they are probably will be like old Cetus Sweet Fish Marpico Buns).

On a side note: then I suggest to add some risotto or steak to menu regulars white knight the establishment."

This is obviously a hyperbola, but if you are sick of pastry how the pastry shop can be improved without radical changes to a point it is no longer a pastry shop?

4 hours ago, Falconer777 said:

Do not "complain", but criticize 🙂 Criticism is useful for the development of the game, in my opinion. I like Warframe, but I am amazed by the contrast between how interesting the game was in the first three months of the month (I've been playing relatively recently, since March this year), and how boring it became afterwards. That is, in the literal sense there is nothing to do in the game after passing all the quests and getting the right weapons and frames.

You did not critizice on your previous post you complained.

When the game ceased to be interesting and became simply a chopping of the same thing. 

Please point out where your constructive criticism is.

Also as a poster indicated earlier this isn’t the appropriate channel to provide constructive criticism. That would be the feedback forums.

This is what I'm doing right now, playing another game 🙂 Waiting for "Fortune" and other things. And at the same time I am reading the forums of the Warframe.

This is an understanble thing to do.

3 hours ago, Falconer777 said:

I don’t see how he fits the definition of a white knight.

9 hours ago, IIDMOII said:

So this is (was?) Supposed to result in a relay being destroyed?

If those get destroyed, wouldn't that ruin the pacing of the game for newer people? Seems odd.

Whole thing still sounds pointless. Especially with the forced archwing farming. Maybe put the drop tables on the mission alert like sorties so we can decide if it's worth the effort to grind out 12 of those items and repeat the boss fight 3 times. 

I did it once last night and got nothing. The boss didn't even drop credits.

I would have gained more doing a lvl 10 alert which didn't force a minimum of 3 unwanted archwing missions beforehand.

It seems like whatever this event was originally intended to be isn't even a thing anymore. The game changes so often that some of these left over pieces of content have zero context for newer players. 

I agree that these repeatable events don’t provide context for newer players, and aside from the reactor/catalyst it doesn’t give them a good indicator of why they should care.

13 hours ago, IIDMOII said:

It's never explained in game. 

What is the purpose of it? What is happening and why? 

Forced to farm terrible archwing missions for 4x an item so you can craft a key thing. Reapeat x3 for a measly reactor.

Am I missing something? I don't see the point. 

to "try" and force more people to play the much hated archwing, similar reason trials are dead to make sure people who want arcanes dont ignore the plains.