Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please make the Acolyte mods a reward for kill + mission completion instead of drop

Tucci

Twice now I've had groups find the Acolyte while I was searching in a different area, neglect to simply press G to mark the mod and just gun it for extraction, which of course forces me to leave empty-handed. To make matters worse, both groups were super rude about it. Please just make it so the reward is similar to spy or a resource cache reward where all we have to do is kill the Acolyte and finish the mission to receive the reward at the end.

18 minutes ago, Tucci said:

Twice now I've had groups find the Acolyte while I was searching in a different area, neglect to simply press G to mark the mod and just gun it for extraction, which of course forces me to leave empty-handed. To make matters worse, both groups were super rude about it. Please just make it so the reward is similar to spy or a resource cache reward where all we have to do is kill the Acolyte and finish the mission to receive the reward at the end.

This happened to me like 10 times in a damn row. I can't stand solo, but pubs are almost as much cancer as running this game solo

8 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

Simply search the rooms where the accolyte appeared, it's not that hard to backtrack and search, you can even use the minimap  on the screen to understand the room players are fighting

First of all, you have to find the room they were in, which isn't always straight forward. And if its a survival mission say, and you're past the 5 minute mark, you've probably got about a minute,maybe a minute and a half, for the people to kill the Acolyte, grab the mod, make it to extraction, and cause the mission to end. If you're on the other side of the map when the Acolyte appears, that can be pretty tricky if you don't manage to find the exact room its in before the timer ends.

2 minutes ago, Spikey844 said:

First of all, you have to find the room they were in, which isn't always straight forward. And if its a survival mission say, and you're past the 5 minute mark, you've probably got about a minute,maybe a minute and a half, for the people to kill the Acolyte, grab the mod, make it to extraction, and cause the mission to end. If you're on the other side of the map when the Acolyte appears, that can be pretty tricky if you don't manage to find the exact room its in before the timer ends.

minimap on screen.

Try to stay with at least one other member of the group.  That way if things go sour the odds are even! 20-25 runs for the event so far and every group has been  surprisingly well behaved.  I was expecting the same circus clowns that infested the last weekend alert event although now that I think about it, its probably because that last event required people to come prepared and pull their own weight.