Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Recommendations for husband/wife team?

Wanderlust.Wanderer

Question

Greetings, Tenno!

My wife and I stumbled across this game a short time ago and are really enjoying it. Because we had heard that Excalibur was somewhat harder to acquire later, we both started as Excal. It's a good frame, we especially like the 2 and the 4, but it's really not our playstyle and we realized early on that we should have just picked what we thought we'd like.

We're only MR4 so we're limited in what we can move to and we've just completed Rhinos, which is going to be more tankiness, which again ain't us. We always play together so we could always count on the other one being there. 

We enjoy stealth and like the Spy missions and we like high DPS, glass cannon type builds. I love the depth of this game and something like Octavia sounds wonderfully complex and fun for this musician, but that's probably a ways off. Ivara and Loki look interesting to us but I don't remember how high their MR requirements are. In particular, I guess I'm asking if there are two frames reasonably within reach of us soon that synergize well with each other?

Thanks, this has been a *great* community so far, I love the fact that players actually talk about the game in global chat! Who'd have thunk?

10 answers to this question

Well withut knowing what planets you have unlocked I would say the next frame to get and easy would be Mag from Mars boss. She is not a tank by anymeans but if you use her skills right can decimate whole rooms. Loki is on Neptune I think and Ivara parts drop from spy missions throughout the map.

Early advise would be to use the Rhino's to clear your star chart then you can pretty much farm any frame you want. Second learn the ins and outs of modding weapons and find a set (primary/secondary/melee) you like. You will wind up using a lot of different weapons in the game but everyone has that goto set. 

Glass canon wise, 

Titania is one of my Go to frames, she can hit like a truck but definitely can't take it.

Nova is also pretty decent, she has a few staple builds that make her fairly versatile 

Team wise,

a Sonar Banshee would probably be good. Because Sonar makes pretty much every weapon in the game better and Silence is kind of a good "emergency" skill. 

Nidus might be a good team pick because of his Link ability that can boost an ally tho his other skills can be a bit selfish at times. (also has some healing) 

Support wise

Trinity is a solid pick if either of you enjoys running more of a support frame plus she has a fair bit of survivability via Enemy Link. Tho I think Trinity and Excal switched places so she's all the way on Pluto now...... and in the new Ambulas fight...... 

Oberon can also do a fair bit of healing but he can also do a decent amount of offense, his parts can drop off any Eximus unit.

Out of all of those Nova would probably be the easiest to get, technically Banshee if you have a clan that has her researched. Starchart wise Nova.

Either Ivara or Loki would be good for spy tho eventually Ivara outdoes loki and I say that with Loki still sitting as my top played frame by a mile. She just has so much more utility. 

Eventually you're going to end up trying every frame out to some extent to extract their sweet sweet mastery XP. 

Edit: 

Gara would probably be a pretty decent frame as she has both an area denial wall that I think is just ever so slightly better than Frosts bubble as well as having a skill that can debuff enemies but can also shield allies. However I kinda think she is technically MR5 locked since I don't think you can get her quest in Cetus before you complete The War Within.Tho I could be wrong. 

Edited by Oreades

Wow, lots of good suggestions here, we will have to do some more research. It's great to know that we can pick up most any frame we want.

We've played around a lot with modding, and have leveled up Vectis and Hek weapons, working on Atterax now, with Atomos once we hit MR5. We like these weapons, but we have a lot to learn.

Thanks for the input guys, I like torint-man's Oberon-Gara synergy comments, that's the kind of thing we were looking for, what 2 frames would play well together.

Thanks, guys!

I also suggest Nova and Loki combo, nova can slow/speed up enemies and Loki can disarm them thus making taking them out very easy and speed us defense missions a lot 

Also a team of harrow and Ivara with her augment ‘concentrated arrow’ which triggers on headshots, and harrow can make getting headshots a lot easier while also providing energy 

Nova is a lot of fun, I would recommend maybe Nova or Mag.  Read up on Mag, as she's an odd one to figure out, but can be very useful by squishy.  

If you're spending money for plat, then wait for a coupon in your daily rewards and get Octavia.  Farming her comes later, but it sounds like she's right up your alley and she is one of the best frames out there.  Also, later, when you get her quest, you'll get a riven mod as reward since you own her already.

2 hours ago, Wanderlust.Wanderer said:

Wow, lots of good suggestions here, we will have to do some more research. It's great to know that we can pick up most any frame we want.

We've played around a lot with modding, and have leveled up Vectis and Hek weapons, working on Atterax now, with Atomos once we hit MR5. We like these weapons, but we have a lot to learn.

Thanks for the input guys, I like torint-man's Oberon-Gara synergy comments, that's the kind of thing we were looking for, what 2 frames would play well together.

Thanks, guys!

Hek is a solid shotgun with the right mods is a endgame weapon or at least late planet weapon for sure. The syndicate mod for it really makes it shine.

Limbo + some sort of frame that can AOE like Saryn, Banshee or Mesa.

Limbo can do most missions well like defense and mobile defense, can banish the rescue vip guy,  but to efficiently kill things needs an AOE frame that doesnt depend on weapons so its not effected much by Limbos Cataclysm. Mesa is a very good option imo as shes tanky so Limbo can be in rift without worry of his partner, good against bosses, and just all around killing potential. Saryn is about better apart from the boss killing part.