Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank 9 Test

(XBOX)ATCinfantry

Can we please for the love of everything holy get rid of this terrible test? I love everything about warframe except this ridiculous test. There has to be a better idea for a test than this. 

The practice runs and the test test are different. The practice can be completed with ease but the test is much more difficult. 

24 hours between tests is terrible. Your idea is to punish me for not being able to do something the first try that I don’t want to do in the first place? 24 hours? Seriously? Not everyone lives in their mothers basement and has time to wait 24 hours. People who are casual players, who only have time to play once or twice a week don’t want to log on to the game, fail a test because they’re not as good as people who have more time and therefore skill, to then log off and then wait until the next chance to log back on to try again days later. 

If youre gonna punish those of us who don’t have skill because of lack of time to play and complete stuff like this then atleast let us give you money to complete it. You let us give you money to get anything else in the game. Why is mastery rank different? 

You’re ripping a large portion of the game away from less skilled players by not allowing us to advance to the next level. 

This game really bridges the gap between free to play and AAA titles. I love your game so much and I play as often as I can. I came from destiny and I’ll never go back BUT you’ll leave me no choice but to return because atleast I get as many tries as I want to for the initial money I paid for the game. And that is priceless. 

Time locked quests are for candy crush. They’re not for warframe. 

30 minutes ago, (XB1)ATCinfantry said:

Can we please for the love of everything holy get rid of this terrible test? I love everything about warframe except this ridiculous test. There has to be a better idea for a test than this. 

The practice runs and the test test are different. The practice can be completed with ease but the test is much more difficult. 

24 hours between tests is terrible. Your idea is to punish me for not being able to do something the first try that I don’t want to do in the first place? 24 hours? Seriously? Not everyone lives in their mothers basement and has time to wait 24 hours. People who are casual players, who only have time to play once or twice a week don’t want to log on to the game, fail a test because they’re not as good as people who have more time and therefore skill, to then log off and then wait until the next chance to log back on to try again days later. 

If youre gonna punish those of us who don’t have skill because of lack of time to play and complete stuff like this then atleast let us give you money to complete it. You let us give you money to get anything else in the game. Why is mastery rank different? 

You’re ripping a large portion of the game away from less skilled players by not allowing us to advance to the next level. 

This game really bridges the gap between free to play and AAA titles. I love your game so much and I play as often as I can. I came from destiny and I’ll never go back BUT you’ll leave me no choice but to return because atleast I get as many tries as I want to for the initial money I paid for the game. And that is priceless. 

You aren't ready for the next MR if you can't pass the test then

30 minutes ago, (XB1)ATCinfantry said:

What quest are you talking about? IIRC you should be able to play all of them past MR7.

MR doesn't mean much anyway.

41 minutes ago, (XB1)ATCinfantry said:

I came from destiny and I’ll never go back BUT you’ll leave me no choice but to return because atleast I get as many tries as I want to for the initial money I paid for the game. And that is priceless. 

(Checked, it's MR7 for the silver grove which is the highest MR requirement for a quest)

'bout the part I quoted, what's your reasoning? I don't get it. If it's about timed walled stuff, good luck with Graviton Lance's Catalyst amongst other things. Games like D2 and Warframe put some stuff behind a "skill"/grind/time wall so you don't rush all the content and complain about the fact there's no new content.

There's no harm done with that 24hours time wall. You can level all the weapons you want, the MR exp will be saved for the next MR. You can try new tactics and see if it fits on the real test, since it apparently differs from the Simaris test. Or you could give it a rest and do it again once you'll be cold-minded enough. From my experience, playing pre-set maps with pre-set spawns is just like learning a new bass tab. Every mistake you make, you're going to make it again if you chose to run/play it again too soon.

4 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

You don't miss anything if you fail a test. The exceeding MR exp are acummulated

Yes I know and agree but I’d rather be able to progress through to the next MR so that I can get the weapons. Really it’s just the 24hr time wall that irritates the heck outa me. 

4 hours ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

You aren't ready for the next MR if you can't pass the test then

This is the type of fan boy ninja wax on wax off type of answer I expected to get. This is a video game, not real life here. If I can complete end game activities with ease and one shot most bosses then I’m fairly certain a MR rank test doesn’t determine how good I am at the game. Your answer doesn’t provide any reasonable advice or input to what I’m talking about. MR is shameless padding of the game at its finest. They’re making sure you come back if you fail something and they’re making sure you’ll log on every day. It’s a formality at most. I agree with the MR system but this test is ridiculous and making you wait 24hrs to try again is even more ridiculous and most people here will agree with that. Why? Because there is no reason at all we should have to wait that long for a formality. 

Furthermore I have a job and a family and I can’t log on every day because of, well you know, grown up things. So they’re expecting me to magically become better at a game that I don’t have a lot of time to invest in. And I’m supposed to prove that I’m worthy of the next level by a MR test? Get serious. Lol. 

The 24hr time gate is the real issue here. Not how good or bad I am at the game. 

Thanks sensei. 

4 hours ago, Redeye said:

What quest are you talking about? IIRC you should be able to play all of them past MR7.

MR doesn't mean much anyway.

I agree but I’d like to be able to access the next tier weapons. 

4 hours ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

Look, the MR tests are there to test your proficiency at certain game mechanics. I have yet to experience one that is downright unfair having made it to mr 24. 

Never said it was unfair. Just unnecessarily difficult and the 24hr time gate serves no real purpose. 

3 hours ago, GinKenshin said:

explain this, please. how are they different?

I can complete the practice run easily. The enemies are not as “alert” if that makes sense. Also, other people experience this as well. Search it and you’ll see. Take a look at reddit as well. 

4 hours ago, Redeye said:

(Checked, it's MR7 for the silver grove which is the highest MR requirement for a quest)

'bout the part I quoted, what's your reasoning? I don't get it. If it's about timed walled stuff, good luck with Graviton Lance's Catalyst amongst other things. Games like D2 and Warframe put some stuff behind a "skill"/grind/time wall so you don't rush all the content and complain about the fact there's no new content.

There's no harm done with that 24hours time wall. You can level all the weapons you want, the MR exp will be saved for the next MR. You can try new tactics and see if it fits on the real test, since it apparently differs from the Simaris test. Or you could give it a rest and do it again once you'll be cold-minded enough. From my experience, playing pre-set maps with pre-set spawns is just like learning a new bass tab. Every mistake you make, you're going to make it again if you chose to run/play it again too soon.

Dually noted but the D2 weapon would be the equivalent of a prime weapon in this game. Time gate prime weapons. Not my ability to progress through the game. I’m saying it feels cheap and is shameless padding. There is absolutely no reason for a 24 hour time gate. It serves no real purpose. 

People will rush content no matter how hard it is. This is MR 9. Not 29. They could throttle this by making it take more XP. No need for a time gate. 

What real purpose does the 24 hour time gate serve? You say it’s not a big deal but for someone who doesn’t get to play every day, it is a big deal. I’ll log on, fail the test and log off.

Look at this from a business perspective here. I am a customer who plays this game and I am willing to and have spent money in this game. I want to progress through the MR rank and play the game. You timegate the MR test and it pisses me (the customer) off. Now I stop playing the game and have no real reason to spend money on plat or prime weapons / frames. I can’t farm the next tier weapons and have the best weapons for the tier I’m currently in. So then I tell potential customers “yeah dude it’s a cool game but unless you have the time to sit down and play this game religiously and build up a really good skill level then your hang up will be not being able to complete MR tests because they test your skill that you don’t have time to build as well as other people who have more time. If you fail MR tests then you have to wait 24 hours to try it again. If you fail it again, it’s another 24 hour punishment.” Any casual gamer adult (usually the ones with money) will say “no F that.”  How do I know they’ll say that? Because i went to work, people were talking about games, they know I play warframe, I explained exactly that to them and they said “no. F that”. We are adults and in our career field a AAA game costs the equivalent of a little less than an hours worth of work so we don’t mind spending the money. It’s time that hurts us because we have to work and have families so when I tell them they get punished with time they usually will check out of the conversation and become uninterested in the game.  

There are plenty of good arguments for MR and testing skills. I agree with the MR system completely and even the tests. I haven’t heard one good argument for the 24 hour time gate. 

3 hours ago, (XB1)ATCinfantry said:

I haven’t heard one good argument for the 24 hour time gate. 

It makes you consider the mission parameters carefully and practice.

Grab a glaive. Do not let the glaive bounce off anything as that makes noise. Use channelling attacks to dissolve bodies so enemies don't see them.

Use the environment. This test gives you lots of nice tall pillars. Climb them and you are basically invisible 😉

8 hours ago, (XB1)ATCinfantry said:

I haven’t heard one good argument for the 24 hour time gate. 

If you could run as many tests as you'd like until you succeed, it wouldn't really be much of an achievement now, would it? Running it over and over again until you miraculously get through isn't really what i'd call passing a test.

Anyway, you have Simaris' test room to practice. If - as you said - the practice simulation is different than the real test (which shouldn't be), I suggest you report the bug in the appropriate forum section.

6 hours ago, Shalath said:

It makes you consider the mission parameters carefully and practice.

Grab a glaive. Do not let the glaive bounce off anything as that makes noise. Use channelling attacks to dissolve bodies so enemies don't see them.

Use the environment. This test gives you lots of nice tall pillars. Climb them and you are basically invisible 😉

Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it. 

2 hours ago, Redeye said:

If you could run as many tests as you'd like until you succeed, it wouldn't really be much of an achievement now, would it? Running it over and over again until you miraculously get through isn't really what i'd call passing a test.

Anyway, you have Simaris' test room to practice. If - as you said - the practice simulation is different than the real test (which shouldn't be), I suggest you report the bug in the appropriate forum section.

It’s not a real achievement. It’s a formality that’s required to get to the next tier weapons. If it was a real achievement then you wouldn’t see so many posts saying “MR doesn’t really matter”. I’m fairly certain that people don’t play this game for the purpose of MR. 

MR rank tests aren’t going to change the way most people play this game. Everyone has a unique play style. It seems to me that it’s just a way to slow progression to keep people from blowing through content.

Put a timegate on the back side of the MR test along with the XP requirements and let people run the mission as many times as they want. Then you can slow progression and people feel accomplished without getting pissed about not being able to accomplish what they want to do during the time they’re playing the game. You could also give a bonus for beating it the first time without failing it to add incentive for people to take it serious.

I’d be willing to argue that people will get pissed about this 24hr time gate and put the game down to play something else that will allow them to play without punishment for lack of a certain skill. People want their time to be respected when they play a game. The more you irritate people with stuff like this the less likely they are to continue playing. Less players = less money. As an adult, I have a lot of friends who won’t even give this game a shot because of the time punishment. Adults have money to spend but not a lot of time. If you punish adults with time they’ll find something else to do that is worth their time. 

Myself and a co worker were talking about games and he asked me about warframe and I was telling him how good it was but that I was getting pisses about the MR test time punishment. He said “well can you just pay to pass it or something?” When I told him no that your only option was to wait 24hrs to get another shot he literally laughed and said “yeah I don’t think so. I’ll stick with my other games”. Revenue lost for this company in 10 seconds of conversation. 

I’ve heard the argument of “well you can still do other stuff while you’re waiting on the 24hr time gate”. While this is true, it’s not about what I can do while I’m waiting my punishment out, it’s about what I want to do with my time and money that I’m investing in this game. I don’t care what anyone else thinks I should do. 

I was explaining this to my wife (also a gamer) last night and she said exactly this “they’re basically putting you in time out” lol. 

Sorry for the long posts. Just trying to get my point across. I’m thankful we can have this conversation and I’m really hoping the company will take a serious look at this and do something about it. 

Edited by (XB1)ATCinfantry

4 hours ago, Hezdawuff said:

Simaris has an MR practice thing at the side of the door (the one that's not the simulacrum) you can do the test as many times as you want there as practice. (If you complete it there, it wouldn't count, but hey practice is practice)

Yeah I know and you’re right but I think the deeper issue is the timegate. The practice test devalues the test itself. It’s essentially the same as taking the test over and over till you get it right. So then why is the timegate necessary? 

I agree that progress needs to be throttled but punishment by time isn’t the answer. If they put the timegate on the backside of the MR test then everyone is happy. 

I think the test is fine, maybe try practicing in actual exterminate missions and learning some enemy behavior. It's really not that complicated. If you can't pass the test, you clearly lack the skill or knowledge to be MR9, and it's not like sorties require much, or any, of these as well.

The game offers a lot of things to trivialize (enemy radar, channeling), or even cheese (banshee, gunblades), the test.

As for the 24hr cooldown, I don't mind it much FOR THIS TEST, because, IIRC, you have three attempts to accomplish the objective.

Use those 24hr to farm/build/learn whatever it is you think that might help you in this test.

On 2018-08-12 at 3:56 PM, (XB1)ATCinfantry said:

Lol if anything destiny is not "priceless". Quite the opposite in fact. The only MR test I found to be difficult so far was the 19 one, or maybe it was 18.... They're so easy it's difficult to remember which is which. If you can't complete the test, then clearly you're not ready for the next level.