The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rage + Hunters Adrenaline

(PSN)Mahd2_7

Question

My Nidus build contains both the mods stated but I'm not sure if they'd be a a good combination for hugh end game play I'm talking over level 200 or should I just replace one of the two for an auger mod.

My build is: 

Rejuvenation

Power drift

Transient Fortitude

Steel Fiber (Rank 9)

Blind rage (rank 😎

Vitality (rank 9)

Hunter adrenaline

Rage

Streamline

Umbra intensify (rank 8)

Edited by (PS4)Mahd2_7

12 answers to this question

There's a lot of pointless doubling up in your build, and a general over-specialization in Power Strength, relegating it to "gimmick" tier as opposed to being good for high level play.

Rejuvenation is already meh at best, but on Nidus it's completely pointless due to his much better base health regeneration. Take Steel Charge for the capacity, Corrosive Projection to combat armor, or Growing Power for more damage.

Doubling up with both Rage and HA on a frame that doesn't even use energy for half its kit, and gets energy refunded based on the number of enemies his Virulence hits, is redundant. You'd be better off replacing Rage with Stretch to increase the utility of Nidus' entire kit.

Also, because Virulence scales with your mutation stacks, which makes it absurdly powerful for any content you'll realistically see, especially with Nidus' passive increase to Power Strength, Blind Rage and maybe Power Drift if you feel cheeky is quite sufficient. Primed Continuity would be more useful than Umbral Intensify, on account of again improving the rest of Nidus' kit rather than boosting Virulence's damage beyond the point of overkill.

By the time you even see Level 200 enemies, a proper Nidus build will have a ton of Mutation stacks, so I will reiterate that dumping everything into Power Strength is foolish. At high levels, CC is more important, and even Nidus is only hard to kill so long as he's capable of gaining Mutation stacks and disrupting the enemy. For that he needs Range and Duration.

Speaking of Duration, Transient Fortitude on a frame with 3 different abilities that scale off of Duration, 2 of which using precious Mutation stacks, is just bad. Overextended is good, especially when balanced out by Blind Rage.

I'm unfamiliar with Warframe Builder's Export function, but one of the links below should to take you to a sample build that's much more effective overall on account of not dumping everything into a single stat. Specifically, I followed the alterations outlined above, leaving Blind Rage at Rank 9 and Overextended at Rank 3, to ultimately get 205% in both Range and Strength, 155% in Duration, and 80% in Efficiency, with everything else maxed. It would take only 3 Forma and however much time, platinum, and/or Endo to get the relevant mods at that rank

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Nidus/t_30_0220044220_2-6-10-4-4-5-5-0-5-12-1-9-19-5-10-46-3-3-479-7-10-615-9-5-779-8-5-866-2-5_5-9-12-8-866-6-46-9-4-9-19-7-2-6-479-7-779-14-615-9_0/en/1-0-51

https://goo.gl/RBKg48

Edited by Dreddeth

59 minutes ago, (PS4)Mahd2_7 said:

I don't melee 

Just cause you don't melee doesn't mean you cant use steel charge.It's got higher capacity than any aura mod plus replace steel fiber with flow or primed flow or just cunning drift. You don't need armor in nidus he's tanky enough with just vitality and his bulit I'm regen

Edited by (PS4)susanokevin

Honestly take out Umbral Intensify, unless you're going for the Set Bonus on them there is really no point to using one by itself as they are just too expensive(Even with the set bonus it's arguably too expensive).

You should only need Hunter Adrenaline OR Rage, more than that is over kill.

And really do switch out Rejuvenation for the aforementioned Aura's.

11 hours ago, (PS4)Mahd2_7 said:

My Nidus build contains both the mods stated but I'm not sure if they'd be a a good combination for hugh end game play I'm talking over level 200 or should I just replace one of the two for an auger mod.

My build is: 

Rejuvenation

Power drift

Transient Fortitude

Steel Fiber (Rank 9)

Blind rage (rank 😎

Vitality (rank 9)

Hunter adrenaline

Rage

Streamline

Umbra intensify (rank 😎

To answer your question, i don't think both is necessary. You should get more than enough energy from only using one of them, and a skilled Nidus player can regenerate energy just by using his 1. It's not that those are bad mods for him, but other mods in its place can probably provide more bang for the buck.

I know you didn't ask this, but rejuvination is also a bad idea. Thats not to say its a bad mod, but considering Nidus already passively regenerates health very quickly, the extra health from this mod is negligible. Again, almost any other aura will provide more bang for the buck.

Lastly, this is just a personal opinion, but i see that you have modded him for high power strength. While its tempting to think that this is the way to go for end game, you should consider building Nidus more towards utility or survivability. Warframe abilities have a scaling problem, in that no matter how much power strength you dump into them the ability will always sharply fall off in effective damage at about the same enemy level. For endgame damage, its better to focus on building good weapons that can strip armor, or do 20x base damage on crit headshots rather than spending multiple warframe mod slots on a 3x multiplier to damage at best. Crowd control abilities on the other hand, like Nidus' 2 and 4, remain effective no matter how high the enemy level is, and Nidus' passive is great for surviving heavy damage, so range and duration mods end up retaining their usefulness longer.

5 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Umbral Intensify 44% vs Intensify 30%

If he has the capacity I see no reason not to use the umbra version

Not using Steel Charge, I highly doubt he has full slots with a full 16 mod points being eaten by Umbral. Plus you can get 99% from Blind Rage, and seeing that with Rage and his own rebuilding of Energy, Nidus isn't TOO worried about Efficiency as a stat.

Basically, without the boos from Umbral Fiber and Umbral Vitality, it's still better to use something else.

1 hour ago, zombiedeadhead said:

Take off, Rejuvebnation, Streamline, both Rage and Hunter Adrenaline. Then read what your abilities actually do. You get energy from your 1.

1 is really unreliable unless you are consistently hitting 4+ Enemies, and if there is an Ancient Healer that can complicate using his 2 to gather them up in a nice easy manner for that boost. Having either Rage or Hunter Adrenaline at least makes sure you're consistently being powered up with energy, even in the face of a Parasite Eximus near by you can get something going there.