Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Developers Should Play Warframe More Technically on Streams

ShinTechG

wgjiq2r.jpg

I know Digital Extremes is still considered to be a smaller studio, and manpower is limited, but I would really like to see streams dedicated to where some of the developers actually play and show off their game in a more technical manner. Let me explain...

Warframe has grown to be a game that is very complex in design, and that is what I like about it. I'm sure that with every change made to the game, a lot of planning, and debating goes on internally before it is released. Usually the way developers think, and the way players think can be completely different. A good example of this is when a change is made to a specific Warframe, some players see it as a buff, some see it as a nerf, some see it as making the overall game experience better for all players, some see it as worse. I am sure that the same difference of opinion happens between the developers and the players.

SyhmO0N.jpg

Point I am trying to make here is that the developers should play Warframe showing a bit more than the "average play-style". I watch every Prime Time and devstream and the majority of the time gameplay is shown, barely a quarter of the game's mechanics are ever shown. I understand that maybe some of it is to prevent spoilers, but I'm sure a separate stream or spoiler alert could be placed prior. Who better than to show the players the original intent behind every change than the people who actually made it? I rarely ever see demonstrations of situational uses of changes, abilities, weapons etc. For example: With the Vauban changes that were made last made, why wasn't there a proper detailed display of Vauban's abilities being used as intended, or why wasn't it shown maybe in a specific situation. Like maybe being overwhelmed by a horde of high level enemies with damage enhancements? (This is just one of many examples)

From my time playing this game, I have come to realize that a lot of things that some players consider to be "bad" or "useless" in the game, usually gets proven different when they finally see someone else showing them a proper use for the item or feature that was judged. Even I myself who makes video content for endgame/high level content in Warframe, I have had situations where someone else showed me a use for something that I thought had no place in the game.

This is just a thought I had in regards to the game developers showing us more about their game. I don't expect or want them to hold the our hand with every single change that is released but still, maybe something like this would add more transparency to the game and give players a new outlook. 🙂

Cheers,

-ShinTechG

On 2018-08-15 at 2:02 AM, Sibernetika said:

Heavens forbid you post such topics anywhere else to get the community feel for it 1st

I mean, DE did leave a message saying specifically that feedback should go in feedback.......

On 2018-08-15 at 2:02 PM, Sibernetika said:

Heavens forbid you post such topics anywhere else to get the community feel for it 1st

So the community won’t ‘get a feel’ if the OP posted in the correct forum? Newsflash, feedback forums isn’t locked to devs only. Seriously, enough ranting about telling people not to tell people the correct place to post in, get over it 

Back to OP, how I wish they would do that, but I see no way of it happening. Very rarely they do such a thing, but it just proves the opposite of what you hinted at, they don’t really discuss or test stuff THAT much, their mindset is ‘if it works then just ship it’, it’s been that way from day one, and there’s been many cases where something unintentional is spotted and abused by the community that the devs never saw like Trinity’s link for example 

Warframe is just a game to us, but it’s their job, and I don’t blame them if they get tired or burnt out of playing it ‘the right way’ like some of us do. They’ve been playing longer than most of us so I don’t blame them for playing ‘badly’ though I still don’t like that they don’t see stuff from other perspectives 

3 hours ago, Atsia said:

I mean, DE did leave a message saying specifically that feedback should go in feedback.......

2 hours ago, GinKenshin said:

So the community won’t ‘get a feel’ if the OP posted in the correct forum? Newsflash, feedback forums isn’t locked to devs only. Seriously, enough ranting about telling people not to tell people the correct place to post in, get over it 

Back to OP, how I wish they would do that, but I see no way of it happening. Very rarely they do such a thing, but it just proves the opposite of what you hinted at, they don’t really discuss or test stuff THAT much, their mindset is ‘if it works then just ship it’, it’s been that way from day one, and there’s been many cases where something unintentional is spotted and abused by the community that the devs never saw like Trinity’s link for example 

Warframe is just a game to us, but it’s their job, and I don’t blame them if they get tired or burnt out of playing it ‘the right way’ like some of us do. They’ve been playing longer than most of us so I don’t blame them for playing ‘badly’ though I still don’t like that they don’t see stuff from other perspectives 

you guys do realise his basically saying to the devs I think you guys play badly on your streams and that you should improve so that other people will learn to play better right... thats not DE's job and this technically isn't feedback about the game but about how DE is shown to play their game which for all intention and purpose is to just demonstrate some abilities and features for that hour that they have on stream... so in reallity this is in the right forum since this isn't feedback just an opinion

3 minutes ago, Sibernetika said:

you guys do realise his basically saying to the devs I think you guys play badly on your streams and that you should improve so that other people will learn to play better right... thats not DE's job and this technically isn't feedback about the game but about how DE is shown to play their game which for all intention and purpose is to just demonstrate some abilities and features for that hour that they have on stream... so in reallity this is in the right forum since this isn't feedback just an opinion

And that's what's called feedback. Saying that they should change/play better IS feedback.

36 minutes ago, Sibernetika said:

LOL. Reading back at my post, I can see how it sounds like an am insulting their gameplay, but i am not trying to.  Just saying they could do more, which i know they have the potential to do.

6 hours ago, ShinTechG said:

LOL. Reading back at my post, I can see how it sounds like an am insulting their gameplay, but i am not trying to.  Just saying they could do more, which i know they have the potential to do.

Is it insulting? That’s relative 

But I see where you are going with this topic bc I made a similar sounding topic back when POE was being promoted. 

There was a WF promo gameplay footage in a famous YT channel, and it was sadly so boring to watch.

No fashion, no intricate movement, no cutscene nor archwing. It lacked the shock and awe as Reb puts it. It lacked any editing I had to forward it myself. 

Did not want to be insulting but made the topic asking that famous players like LifeofRio present it, because he has this fluid Mag parkour/play that was missing in the video. 

Perhaps you too OP, are comparing exciting streamers to the devs? 

A dev was humble enough to acknowledge that some players have more understanding of some frame mechanics than her. I like that honesty about DE and so we want them to succeed amirite. 

Fast forward to the Fortuna gameplay footage they did improve a lot on that one. It was so awesome it made me wanna get the fashion for myself! 

Edited by (PS4)Chel-El