Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A more engaging Dojo.

TheMostFrench

The way the game is growing is really exciting! I'm looking forward to Venus open world very much. There is so much stuff in the game, but areas which are not so well developed seem to stand out a bit. I personally feel like the Dojo is one of those places, and some day I hope to see it get a really big boost considering it is such an important part of the game experience. The only times I or clan mates go into the dojo is to trade, buy blueprints, or contribute resources. I had always hoped the clan dojo would be more like a home for your clan where they can truly be united as a group.

I had always imagined that the dojo would be a clan sized Liset which members can operate from. These suggestions reflect that idea - they are just ideas, so don't think I want to see this stuff implemented ASAP: Let me know what you think.

Missions:
- An option to return to the dojo after a mission, instead of your Liset. I feel like this would be crucial to getting people used to the idea of being in their dojo more.

- A launch point where clan members can depart on missions together (fingers crossed for something like this in the Railjack update). People would 'ready up' by climbing into the landing craft, like the animation which happens at the end of most missions. Once everyone is locked in then they take off together like normal.

Syndicate item purchasing. Just like the syndicate console in the Liset again so you don't have to leave the dojo.

Building, Research, and Trade:
- Foundries in the dojo. This means we don't have to leave the dojo to build blueprints we purchased, and can keep building stuff since we would be able to come straight back to the dojo after a mission.

- Pet Lab. Basically a petting zoo and breeding space for the clan to experiment with genetic imprints (imagine a room full of baby kubrows and kavats! There is adorable potential with MOA pets coming).

Spoiler

This could become really interesting if there was an option to release your creation into the wild, and other people could discover your animal in missions or the open world.
You could release a pet as aggressive, defensive, or passive - aggressive pets will attack other players and enemies, defensive ones will help the player and attack enemies, passive pets might be seen hanging around but won't engage in combat. There would be a small chance of certain lifeforms appearing in missions or the open world, and it is unlikely that you would ever see 2 in the same space.

- A junk/donation box which is accessible by clan members where clan mates can toss in things they want to donate to others like mods, rivens, and other tradeable items. This means people can help others even if they are offline. A player will look through the box and be able to take things from it, and a record of what has been taken and by who will be kept so that people are accountable. The box should be able to have restrictions placed on it by leaders of the clan, e.g. it can only be accessed by a person who has been in the clan for a required amount of time, or some items are restricted to people of a certain MR, or you are limited to a certain number of items per day or per week. People who donate regularly can be acknowledged in progress notifications.
This could really make it easier for people trying to trade syndicate items (since I have all of the items I want from syndicates, I usually try to offer a syndicate weapon or mod to a newbie first, otherwise I just sell the item or spend it on relic packs). 

Tradeable loadouts. Have a certain weapon or frame build you want to encourage others to use? Let us trade them with other players. To clarify, this wouldn't be an item, but something you could link in chat like a riven, but the difference is that you could save the loadout for your own use.

Other:
- Interacting with the dojo (and/or game world) gives passive increases.
This gives people more of a reason to interact with their dojo. The bonuses could be time limited or mission limited. I know that some people don't want to be in a clan/like playing solo, the bonuses I describe could also come from interacting with certain NPCs and places in the game world, but wouldn't stack with dojo bonuses.

Spoiler

Part of the reason for this is to hopefully give people a reason to visit rooms in the dojo besides 'they look pretty' or 'I made this room to trap visitors in'. This way, people who had no involvement in designing the room can still get some benefit from it even if they are visitors to a dojo, and the spaces will always be valuable beyond their appearance.

This means after a certain time or number of missions a player would have to return to the dojo to keep getting these bonuses. Setting a limit to the bonuses per day, or whether or not this would affect the clan or the player in the long term isn't something I've thought about in this post.

• Visiting a garden and using an emote like 'sit' or 'meditate' will give you a passive buff for a limited time, which might depend on the type of garden. Some gardens might increase affinity or focus gain by a small amount, others could slightly increase the chance of a catching a rare fish or finding a certain rare resource. For balance you would be limited to one meditation buff at a time. Alternatively, the buff could be paid for from a players focus pool (basically, they use their focus to mediate more deeply).

• The ability to refer to the wisdom or experience of higher ranking clan members. This would essentially be a kind of library, shrine object, or an NPC who you speak to.
    You would ask yourself (self-reflection) or the NPC a set of questions like 'How can I be more fierce', 'How can I be more thoughtful', or 'Help me understand my enemy'. You reflect on the advice, then do a series of Nartas to show your understanding, then in return you get a buff like increased power efficiency, bonus damage against a certain faction, or an increased energy pool, even something utilitarian like increased reload speed, or a damage bonus against a specific type of enemy.

If possible, you could actually engage with a higher ranking clan member in the dojo to gain more wisdom kind of like a handshake emote which affects multiple people below your rank. For example, the emote might be 'teach' or 'share' and a person would respond by standing near that player and using the responding emote which might be 'listen' or 'think'. This could be done before departing on a mission together!

Haha, i wanted to post one thing today in the forum, but you did it already 😛

I was also thinking of letting Kavats/Kubrows you dont want to be in the Dojo instead of trashing them for 25k credits.

Every other aspect you mentioned would be great aswell!

Some people designate so much of  their time for building their dojos, and then there is rarely someone in it unless you want to trade something for 1 minute.

vor 42 Minuten schrieb TheMostFrench:

- A launch point where clan members can depart on missions together (fingers crossed for something like this in the Railjack update). People would 'ready up' by climbing into the landing craft, like the animation which happens at the end of most missions. Once everyone is locked in then they take off together like normal.

You know there is a room with Arsenal/Starchart map from where you can enter missions?

I fully agree with most, specially the lauch point and return to dojo stuff. I don't really see a need for Syndicate stuff or donation thingy there, since the Syndicates can easily be accessed trough relays and ship, and for giving stuff trough the donation stand I'd just trade. Sure, a stockpile of donated stuff sounds good, but how are we going to stop players from just sweeping it whole in one take? I'm sure there'd be ways to avoid it, but I don't see the edge over simple trades, apart from the trading limit. Of course I'm not against these in anyway tho, if they are done properly they'd make great additions to the dojo's ultimate goal which is, as you very well put, "to make them more engaging", like a 2nd home and healthy hub of clan mates.

I'd even add the possibility of free transit between Alliance dojos. I mean you'd select an allied dojo and simply visit it. You'd have access to the stuff any visitor has (like the trade hub), but no access to the labs. I mean, you'd be a visitor trough and trough, but you'd be able to visit them at your will. For privacy's sake I'd also put a toggle on it, as there may be clans who don't wish to be visited.

I think with railjack there's going to be a docking area for the dojo. As for the donation area it could be put into the treasury but it's unlikely to be included over trade. Perhaps a foundry/armory idea instead dedicated to clan research. The Foundry would make items that are researched in the clan and stores them in the armory where clan members can buy the weapon/frame or whatever other item made from the armory. As for trade-able load-outs that may not work in missions but perhaps in the dojos obstacle course and dueling area and maybe a clan version of the simulacrum and conclave. That way you can test out new gear and load-outs and have clan fights where players can have a clan competition for fun rather than going up against random players. Having Npcs in the dojo that give out minor missions and interact on some level with the dojo can be good as well.

These are just some thoughts though. It all sounds like stuff I'd want to have in my dojo too.

Edited by Cuchullin

Only good ideas ! ^^
The Dojo definitively needs to feel more alive and usefull.
With the dock that RailjJack will brought, people will go in the dojo to focus on their ship, and in their back there will be the "dead dojo".
While it should serve as the basis of operation... It's supposed to be a guild headquarters, like all the good mmo's have.. Why it does not act like that T.T
Every time I visit a dojo, even the most beautiful of them, I feel it lacks something..
People create tables, bar, chairs.. and.. there is no way to properly sit >.<
No "interraction", it's just decoration...it's so sad..
Like the couch of our appartement in the liset, no way to sit on it with a proper animation..
Warframe lacks of these tiny thing that would make the whole thing complete and better..
The Komi game.. in the liset, or in Dojo..
Why jump animations of other in the dojo are not displayed ? We see people walking in the air.. T.T
In Cetus, in relay, I understand, maybe for performances because there is potentialy lots of people.. But in dojo ? Why not put a limit of players, from which such animations won't be displayed ?
Same for the warframe that disappears when we go on operator...

I hope all these idea could make their way into realisation some day..

I would like to see some of these integrated in the future, there's just 2 things I have some thoughts/changes on:

On ‎2018‎-‎08‎-‎15 at 1:48 AM, TheMostFrench said:

- A junk/donation box which is accessible by clan members

I've seen a few requests for an option like this but the problem is in some cases one clan would use this box as it was intended. Then there's the possibility of another clan abusing the box and permissions' by being bias or out of spite.

I run my clan with an "inventory" listed on the terminals for members to request from, we trade and I give them whatever they need if its available, any donations they/I make are added to a terminal. This is tedious and hard to swing at times.

I want this "box" too but maybe as a clan trader role who displays a list of the donated items like Baro in the clan somewhere, said member/trader would need alot of trades, alot of loyalty and alot of time to manage that though. Then we're back at 1 with bias and spite, it's something that needs a good round table discussion honestly.

On ‎2018‎-‎08‎-‎15 at 1:48 AM, TheMostFrench said:

- Tradeable loadouts. Have a certain weapon or frame build you want to encourage others to use? Let us trade them with other players. To clarify, this wouldn't be an item, but something you could link in chat like a riven, but the difference is that you could save the loadout for your own use

In my opinion this would have to be for one mission only (per link or something) or as a Simulacrum only thing. Host brings whoever in and the person/group could change to the squad leaders current loadout in the arsenal.

Im sorry but I cant agree with trading loadouts or copies of builds like that.

Everything else is great and I would welcome these changes in my dojo, QoL is still needed there and these are some quality ideas for that.