Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

valkyr 3.0

(PSN)drollive96

With a melee rework already on its way, I think one of the forgotten melee frames needs a revisit. from what I have observed people only use valkyr for her high armor and not so much her abilities. These changes could make her much more useful and give people a better reason to play valkyr

New passive- rage- Add a meter that fills up as valkyr kills enemies with hysteria, and buffs both her power strength and power range as it fills up, casting an ability will use up some of the rage that has built up

Ripline-  leave mostly the same as it is a good tool for mobility

Warcry-   make warcry recastable, buff it's range and slowdown, and change the armor buff to increase armor by a flat 100 instead of a percentage

Paralysis-  buff the range and damage slightly, convert the damage from finishers into health, the amount of health restored is affected by how much rage valkyr has built up

Hysteria- to make this ability better for killing enemies at high  levels, add a feature that increases the damage of this ability as valkry takes damage(it makes sense, valkyr's powers are fueled by anger and hitting her just makes her angrier) , leave everything else the same

30 minutes ago, (PS4)drollive96 said:

With a melee rework already on its way, I think one of the forgotten melee frames needs a revisit. from what I have observed people only use valkyr for her high armor and not so much her abilities. These changes could make her much more useful and give people a better reason to play valkyr

New passive- rage- Add a meter that fills up as valkyr kills enemies with hysteria, and buffs both her power strength and power range as it fills up, casting an ability will use up some of the rage that has built up

Warcry-   make warcry recastable, buff it's range and slowdown, and change the armor buff to increase armor by a flat 100 instead of a percentage

Paralysis-  buff the range and damage slightly, convert the damage from finishers into health, the amount of health restored is affected by how much rage valkyr has built up

Hysteria- to make this ability better for killing enemies at high  levels, add a feature that increases the damage of this ability as valkry takes damage(it makes sense, valkyr's powers are fueled by anger and hitting her just makes her angrier) , leave everything else the same

These changes looks nice to have at high level while bringing the berserker playstyle. It would definitely make player use Hysteria more after it's nerf. When i think of High level, I think 150+ and over is high level and with the amount of damage enemies there do, I can see this helping.

Edited by VPrime96

passive is interesting but added range hurts hystaria

ripline is ripline

warcry being recastable defeats the purpose of its augment so you would need to figur that out. extra range is good

paralysis doesn't need the life steal but it doesn't hurt

hystaria kills enemies just fine at any level in my experience, valkyre doesn't take damage with hysteria so there would be no damage buildup.

overall though i dont think she needs a rework i like her as she is now.

As someone who spends most of their playtime using a Valk, I have to say she's fine just as she is now.

"convert the damage from finishers into health", this is pointless since any weapon with lifesteal will do this.

Hysteria is fine as it is, since her claws became upgradable I regularly rip through lvl 100+ enemies with ease while in hysteria.

Edited by Nova73

29 minutes ago, (PS4)drollive96 said:

Valkyr needs no rework, she has gotten quite a few already and with the ability to mod your Exalted Weapon, there is no need for her 4th ability gaining any further bonus as its already strong enough.