Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help with Octavia Mods

SifSlayer

Question

So i recently started playing Octavia and i need some help with my mods for her.

Here is my current build:

3Y83eOr.png

I feel that i run out of energy too fast and die too easily when i'm not using invisibility since i don't have energy or even duration enough to keep it up.

Sometimes i change Streamline for Redirection to try to stay alive but end up with even less energy.

I don't plan upgrading Blind Rage, Narrow Minded or Transient Fortitude untill i get a Primed Continuity, so i'm struggling to find a solution.

I will probably use another Forma for MADURAI later but i don't think that will help at all in this case.

Any help or suggestion are appreciated.

6 answers to this question

2 hours ago, (PS4)de_sch0sch said:

I see to much strength and too little range and duration.

Agreed, especially range.  A good range is what makes Mallet effective, and also what actually makes Resonator actually work as crowd control rather just than a glorified Mallet mule.  It also gives you more room to buff your team with Metronome and Amp.  It's useful for all four powers.

How good is Range on Octavia?  This is my favorite wreck everything build:

Spoiler

uvkOcvo.jpg

You don't need a ton of strength for Mallet.  With 95% strength and wasting a slot on a Peculiar mod I can still wipe out sortie mobs with a well-placed mallet. It suffers a bit against heavily armored Grineer, but Resonator is still there to keep them off my back.

On the other hand, if I'm going to be focusing on buffing my team with Metronome and Amp, then I'll bring some strength, but still some range as well:

Spoiler

Ro6ebdA.jpg

Duration isn't a big deal for me.  I usually don't have an energy problem but I'll admit I lean on Zenurik a bit, especially in Elite Onslaught.  I do have a duration build, but it's purely for solo and I rarely use it.

For laughs I built a second Octavia for the new Mallet augment.  Even with the augment's limitations I'm still partial to a range build:

Spoiler

812OgZo.jpg

6 hours ago, SifSlayer said:

I feel that i run out of energy too fast and die too easily when i'm not using invisibility since i don't have energy or even duration enough to keep it up.

Unless you're on the move, Resonator with some range is a decent way to keep mobs from shooting at you.  And if you are on the move, then don't stop moving.  A lot of times I don't even bother with invisibility.

6 hours ago, SifSlayer said:

Sometimes i change Streamline for Redirection to try to stay alive but end up with even less energy.

Vitality is usually the way to go.  Redirection is rarely worth it; your meager armor (plus the armor buff from Metronome) don't apply to shields.  Get Medi-Ray for your Sentinel, and/or carry health restore pizzas and bind a key to that gear slot.

I see to much strength and too little range and duration. Octavia benefits more from duration (lowers energy consumption due to less frequent casts and prolongs buff duration of her 3) and range. The aggro from the mallet doesn't help if enemies can shoot you from outside it's range.

Im running these builds

1. more focussed on duration for narrow tile sets / Infested: https://goo.gl/kaoRdW

2. More focussed on range, cookie cutter basically: https://goo.gl/RNbF8M

I like to run Vitality on all my frames for some reason, though it can be replaces for anything your preference.

Prime mods are not required.

Edited by (PS4)de_sch0sch

dude either get rid of blind rage or put fleeting expertise in there to help with energy cost. you may have a lot of strength but it's useless if you have energy to back it up. if you we're to go with the blind rage mod you'd not only have to put fleeting expertise but other mods that give you duration since fleeting expertise lowers duration but you really don't need that much strength. Granted my build doesn't have a whole lot of efficiency but who needs efficiency with so much duration. And the range I have on it does tones of damage might not kill them right away but if ur hitting enough of them at once it doesn't matter that damage adds up and you'll see the results at the end of the mission. I'm almost always top damage if not second in damage when using her. Another thing if ur octavia don't use her gross default songs, have a decent made out song because that's just a slap in the face to octavia and you're teammates. Octavia is by far my favorite warframe right next to Harrow who I almost have mastered.