Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Optimal number of Shattering Impact procs vs Eidolons?

Ifeno

Question

Hello everyone!  I know it's important to not fully strip an Eidolon's armor when using a Radiation build as that changes his weaknesses.  However, I'm unsure of what the correct number of Shattering Impact procs from a Sarpa shot-volley is to get each Eidolon to the optimal % of armor.  Any and all advice is appreciated.

12 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, baldy117 said:

armor gets scaled so the procs are to but i barely hunt eido's tho so ehh

Shattering Impact doesn't care about level. Butchers have 5 base armor. A level 9999 butcher will lose all of it's armor if you hit it with shattering Impact because 5 - 6 = 0 (effectively 0). 0 scaled to level 9999 = 0.

5 minutes ago, baldy117 said:

armor gets scaled so the procs are to

Yes... That's what I'm saying.

Take a Butcher for example, whether it's level 1 or 9,999 a single Shattering Impact proc will completely remove it's armour since it's base armour is 5 and Shattering Impact removes 6.

@-Signs- forums take so long to post nowadays that you Ninja'd me damnit.

Edited by DeMonkey

11 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

The thing is, you can't know if someone in your team is using shattering impact aswell.
And because of that, it's actually bad to use radiation. Just strip all the armor and go for electric-damage.
Makes your life not as stressful.

Nah, I only play solo and with my gf and roommates so I always know what my squad is doing.  I appreciate the feedback though! (not being sarcastic)

11 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

Apparently it has 200 armour, so it'll be stripped of armour after 33 hits.

Given the Sarpa fires in bursts of 5, you'll want to let off 6 bursts for a total of 30 hits, and 180 armour reduction.

Is that true for Garry and Harry as well?

Just use 3 CP and 2 CD. It will remove 99% of their armour, massively reducing the armor and still aplying the radiation bonus damage

And if you are not playing with someone you know, make sure to check what aura your squad uses so that you wont accidentaly strip off all their armor