Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Transmutation Bug

NN13

I don't know if it's intended or it's a bug.

But many times,when I transmute 4 Rare Mods,I get a Common Mod. As far as I remember,4 Rare Mods are supposed to give you another rare.

I did 3 Transmutations few minutes ago.

First Time==>4 Sundering Strike-->Gave me Heavy Trauma(that's rare for rare)

Second Time==>4 Sundering Strike-->Gave me Vitality(Common)

I thought that transmuting 4 same rare mods will give me Common Mod,so did it third time with different mods.

Third Time==>Sundering Strike+Tainted Mag+Tainted Clip+Stunning Speed-->Gave me Warmcoat(Again Common)

Seems like something is wrong with Transmutation. Please take a look at it when you have the time.

Thank You.

Edited by NN13

Transmutation is risky business!

As of around Update 11 the system was changed, and fusing 4 rares can sometimes unfortunately result in common or uncommon mods.

I don't see the point of transmutation. I can just grind for the mod I want. Sure it takes a while, but at least I'm not wasting other mods that took a while to get for a common mod.

I don't see the point of transmutation. I can just grind for the mod I want. Sure it takes a while, but at least I'm not wasting other mods that took a while to get for a common mod.

Two words: Shield Flux

Unless it's been added to mod drop tables.

Rare mods shouldn't give a common in return. I might use Trans. more if it didn't give me commons for rares.

The only reason they do this now is because DE removed warframe skills from the transmute tables.

This would make 4 rares have an infinitely larger chance to get a dangerously good mod.

It's never that easy.

As of around Update 11 the system was changed, and fusing 4 rares can sometimes unfortunately result in common or uncommon mods.

I dont agree with that change. Obtaining rare mods is pretty difficult by itself. People transmutate to try and get the type of mod they need. Why should there be a chance to obtain uncommon or common mods when fusing rares? Its incredibly unfair.

Better have the chance of transmuting into abilities back then, this is so much worse.

Transmutation was bad enough as it was, now there is no reason to do it at all.

Also, after all the credit nerfs, it is extremely expensive for no good reason.

Seems like a wee bit of a naff change to me, then! Also this has happened every time I've used four rares, no duplicates.

Blasted Ammo Drum...

Officially, what is the point of Transmutation? Because it just seems like an expensive gamble that fails more often than not.

It's a credits/resources sink for those that have tons of rare mods and millions of credits, but still don't have all the rare ones. Though it can be helpful even without millions, if you get lucky.

Edited by Denizium

You all dont get it... they removed the "rare" ability mods from transmutation table.. this made transmut 100% better.

Its just a little balance that they now give a common or uncommon sometimes...

If you don´t struggle for every credit and have TONS of bad rares in your inventory... just gamble a bit, it may give you something better then your 20th steady hands...

Why?

People were already plenty happy with the Transmution system as it is, right?

Logically fusing 4 rare things should give you a common Vitality mod, right?

Just why?!

This is against the rules of transmutation! You can only get out what you put in; nothing else: THE LAW OF EQUIVALENT EXCHANGE. And never, NEVER, use something of one type (in this case commen, uncommen, rare) to create something of another: means rare to rare, uncommon to uncommon, ....

If it is risky make it so that you get NO Mod from the transmutation.

Or are you telling me/ us, DE, that you have a philosopher's stone?? I do not thing so.

At least change the name; to call THIS transmutation is misleading, which is in the end (when I "lost" credits and mods) deception.

P.S.: Yes, I like alchemy and yes, sorry for my bad english.

This is against the rules of transmutation! You can only get out what you put in; nothing else: THE LAW OF EQUIVALENT EXCHANGE. And never, NEVER, use something of one type (in this case commen, uncommen, rare) to create something of another: means rare to rare, uncommon to uncommon, ....

If it is risky make it so that you get NO Mod from the transmutation.

Or are you telling me/ us, DE, that you have a philosopher's stone?? I do not thing so.

At least change the name; to call THIS transmutation is misleading, which is in the end (when I "lost" credits and mods) deception.

P.S.: Yes, I like alchemy and yes, sorry for my bad english.

This ^

With this you wouldn´t feel betrayed by the game´s system. Granted, the chance would be the same, but the feeling would be way better

Edited by Aniron

So you get rid of warframe power mods being dropped from transmutation just to replace them with a higher chance of getting a common or uncommon mod from transmuting 4 rares? Really? Will DE never learn?

The main complaint from the community prior to the change in U11 was that we got a useless rare warframe power mod from spending 36,000 and 4 rare mods. Your solution: Replace useless rare warframe power mods with easily acquired common and uncommon mods, which are even more useless than rare warframe powers, since they were at least rare, and could be put back into the transmutatron.

Edited by --This-Game-Is-Broken--

At least that random warframe ability you could get before the change was also a rare that you could later use at another transmutation.

I can't think of a way to make trasmutation more useless than what it is now, really. (then again, you can never lose faith in DE to do so)

Which is a interesting mod but not ESSENTIAL. Transmutation would be cool if it rewarded players on the rarity and had more than one unique mod in it. In fact it should ONLY be unique mods and rare or uncommon mods.

That's labeled as common, you can use 4 common mods to get it.

Rare mods shouldn't give a common in return. I might use Trans. more if it didn't give me commons for rares.

-That- adds to the point Kibbolds123. You just stated that it is useless to use transmutation, and that you can grind every mod you want. Letter13 just states that some mods are not on drop table so that you can only get them through transmutation. Hope you got letter13's point now.