Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De Please Change Ogris Ammo Type Already. Srsly

R3leaZ

Ever since Ogris got released a long time ago it used freaking rifle ammo with the huge max ammo pool. Just change it to sniper special ammo already, yes change the name to 'special' ammo since arrows (bows) aren't freaking sniper rounds.

Why does it matter how much ammo it has?

The one thing some people will never understand. It doesn't matter what ammo type it is or it's total ammo pool, because you'll still never run out. Plain and simple. Changing it's ammo type would in no way effect the current weapon dynamic.

I'm hoping they'll just make a "specialty" ammo type for snipers bullets, arrows, grenades, rockets, etc etc

lol,u wish at least 20 different ammo types...and then u wonder why u run out of ammo and there are only fals ammo packs

Leave the Ogris alone.  Seriously.  It's fine.  It has infinite ammo.  It's great.  Why wouldn't you want that?  Why is everyone a masochist?  We don't need to turn WF into Metro.

On a similar note, I'm getting tired of all the nerf threads.  My reaction when something is great is "Wow, this is great!", not, "Oh, this is great, so they should take it away."  Infinite ammo is probably the nicest perk about the Ogris.  Why can't people enjoy what's good about things?  It doesn't need to be balanced to the point where every weapon and frame are exactly the same.  Some stuff can have advantages.  It's ok.  Really.  Yeah, a Tenno can carry 540 rockets.  So what?  Link can carry about a hundred bombs in his pocket, each of which is bigger than he is.  Final Fantasy characters can carry thousands upon thousands of massive weapons.  It doesn't need to be realistic.  That's why we have Metro.

IMO create a new type of ammo called "grenade" and make Ogris and Penta use that as an ammo. It doesn't drop from enemies ever. You have a pool of 20 grenades. The only way you can refill is if you build a ammo restore.

A maxed munitions mod has a 50% chance to convert one ammo clip of any type into 1 grenade, any less can't.

ok, so, for those against the massive ammo pools.

Why bother? we have ammo mutations keeping every explosive weapon well stocked. add in the slower RoF's and low clip size, changing the weapons to the sniper pools wouldn't impact the weapons greatly, even if sniper ammo is the rarest ammo drop.

for those in favor of the massive ammo pools.

we never, EVER, fire 545 (pool + clip of Ogris, Torid or Penta unmodded) projectiles in a single mission, not even in a normal def/surv mission.

then why carry these large amounts of rockets anyway? as i mentioned above, the dropped ammo packs would keep your AoE weapons filled, no matter what.

Why bother? we have ammo mutations keeping every explosive weapon well stocked.

What's the difference between the two?

Infinite ammo weapons get it for free.

Using a mutation mod means giving up a mod slot and X mod capacity.

Why bother? we have ammo mutations keeping every explosive weapon well stocked. add in the slower RoF's and low clip size, changing the weapons to the sniper pools wouldn't impact the weapons greatly, even if sniper ammo is the rarest ammo drop.

for those in favor of the massive ammo pools.

we never, EVER, fire 545 (pool + clip of Ogris, Torid or Penta unmodded) projectiles in a single mission, not even in a normal def/surv mission.

then why carry these large amounts of rockets anyway? as i mentioned above, the dropped ammo packs would keep your AoE weapons filled, no matter what.

Why bother? Because I would like weapons like Bows or the Miter to have larger ammo pools as it seems with the new Drakgoon not just explosives have been moved to rifle ammo. Heck, I would like the Sobek then moved to 540 too!

It's fine.  It has infinite ammo.  It's great.  Why wouldn't you want that?  Why is everyone a masochist?

If that is how WF is, why isn't every weapon like that?

We don't need to turn WF into Metro.

Metro was fun, much more enjoyable when you have to think about how to approach things then mindlessly hosing anything that opposes you.

Edited by Makya

On a similar note, I'm getting tired of all the nerf threads.  My reaction when something is great is "Wow, this is great!", not, "Oh, this is great, so they should take it away."

Because that much ammo on an already ammo efficient weapon is ridiculous? Sort of like having enemies PERMANENTLY turning to the Tenno side back before Nyx's chaos got it's well deserved balance pass was ridiculous.

Why bother? Because I would like weapons like Bows or the Miter to have larger ammo pools as it seems with the new Drakgoon not just explosives have been moved to rifle ammo. Heck, I would like the Sobek then moved to 540 too!

Since they obviously don't intend to fix it (they aren't touching the old weapons with infinite ammo, keep releasing new ones with it as well) just make all weapons infinite ammo and get rid of ammo.

What's wrong with unlimited ammo ?

You know what, even if they only had 25 ammo, people will still yell for ammo nerfs because "they are so much moar efficient oh noes !".

However I will gladly accept an ammo nerf, if damage is buffed at least by a factor of 5 times.

Big numbers are important !

Edited by fatpig84