Jaypalm

The sign in front of CephalonSuda

Wztw6kq.jpg

"The Tenno Is The Sworn Protector Of The Origin System"

(corrected as pointed out)

In front of Steel Meridian

6mucPrp.jpg

"The Tenno Is Both The Shadow And The Light"

This one actually has "typos." The "AW" in BAWTH, the "OW" in SHADOW, and the "IH" in LIHGHT are the wrong vowels.

In front of Darvo's elevator room.

akOC6SI.jpg

"Welcome"

In front of Red Veil

il53FtK.jpg

"A Tenno Is Sworn To Maintain The Balance"

Again, a "typo" on "Balance"

In front of Perrin Sequence

Tz0KtA4.jpg

"The Lotus Is Our Friend, Leader And Guide"

Next to Darvo's elevators.

lrHWw46.jpg

"Energy Of The Void Is The Lifeblood(?) Of A Tenno"

No so sure about it being Lifeblood. Any other opinions?

All the terminals from what I can tell

RIg4eHu.jpg

"Control"

Stairs behind Rhino statue, left side center column.

QXC9f5z.jpg

"You Are The Hope And Future Of The Tenno"

The emphasis is between the two markers, like BBC coding. The "AMD" is typoed I believe.

EDIT:

zuIWglc.jpg

It says information.

In case anyone wants to translate other texts for fun, here's DE's official key:

4Z6IB4L.png

Edited by -CM-Jaypalm

The sign in front of CephalonSuda

Wztw6kq.jpg

"The Tenno Is The Sworn Protector Of The Orokin System"

In front of Steel Meridian

6mucPrp.jpg

"The Tenno Is Both The Shadow And The Light"

This one actually has "typos." The "AW" in BAWTH, the "OW" in SHADOW, and the "IH" in LIHGHT are the wrong vowels.

In front of Darvo's elevator.

akOC6SI.jpg

"Welcome"

First translation strikes me more as being "Origin System" than "Orokin System". The solar system is also repeatedly referred to throughout the game as the Origin System as well.

Very nice. There was also some in Darvo's store.

Lb33AkW.jpg

The Orokin dialect says "Sale", and since the others are both 4 characters I assume they also say "Sale"

What about the one on the top

EDIT:

zuIWglc.jpg

It says information.

Funny how this is upside down

Edited by -CM-Jaypalm

The text in-game is upside down for whatever reason. The accents are supposed to be on top.

Maybe it's actually acceptable either way, and the location of the accents and orientation of the text is just a preferential sort of thing, kind of like how some Chinese books have the characters written from top to bottom, in columns going from right to left, just to give one example.

Maybe it's actually acceptable either way, and the location of the accents and orientation of the text is just a preferential sort of thing, kind of like how some Chinese books have the characters written from top to bottom, in columns going from right to left, just to give one example.

In the community's original efforts to decipher the language, that was a trait that was considered. However, DE released an official translation key presented here with the intended text orientation.

4Z6IB4L.png

Edited by -CM-Jaypalm

Well, yes, but one thing I've noticed is that the Orokin characters are notable in how their general shape has a sort of rotational symmetry.  What if, in-universe, it was actually intentionally designed in such a way, and the language doesn't actually have one single "correct" orientation?  Those who knew the language would simply learn how to read it upside down, or sideways, or in whatever other orientation, as a natural part of learning to read in the first place.  Considering how it seems to have been extensively used for decorative purposes, it would kind of make sense to have something that could be easily read the same way regardless of which direction it was going in. 

Also, none of the letters have perfect rotational symmetry either, so given sufficient familiarity with them it would be impossible to confuse which way the characters are meant to be read.  I mean, if you flipped the letters E or C upside down they still have the same general shape, but anyone familiar with the English language would recognize they were upside down immediately.  The difference here would be that readers of Orokin text would have been accustomed from birth to reading words upside down and sideways and would presumably have no problem doing so, whereas I doubt many people have trained themselves in reading English upside down ever since they began learning the language.

Just a weird idea that came to me, while reading this thread.

*taps fingers curiously*

I can't help but wonder who these are for... Or how accurate they are...

But, and this is going to sound weird, looking at that: "you are the future of the Tenno" one...

Could it be that the Tenno "reproduce" via volunteer? COULD THE CIVILIANS of the current Origin System expose themselves to the Void and become Tenno? Is that something that is encouraged? Or is it a more metaphorical idea? One of upholding values and whatnot?

I dunno, I've woken up, can't sleep, and probably aren't thinking clearly about this.

Got a nice picture of the flowing data in the air in random places. Also translated it and found out it's just a repeating segment of the message behind the rhino statue. (This particular strand of data is just outside of the Arbiters of Hexis' syndicate room.)

XkyGsm1.jpg

-"You are the hope and future."

Edited by Stratego89

Looks like someone did this already. I probably should have checked before I decided to translate the signs and created pictures. Anyways, there is a sign in Darvo's room that you missed. Everything else you translated is the same as what I got.

Sign in Darvo's room:

ByltDe2.jpg

I assume the corpus and grineer words are the same.

First translation strikes me more as being "Origin System" than "Orokin System". The solar system is also repeatedly referred to throughout the game as the Origin System as well.

not only in warframe - I found it out lastly that our solar systems irl are quite often referred to as "origin system"