Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nullifier's Bubble Isn't Affected By Damage, And Here's Proof

Althran

So yeah, a lot of people are saying 'nullifier's shields are affected by damage now, so quit your whining.'

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEE.

TRY THIS ON FOR SIZE:  2 FORMA'D, POTATOED VAYKOR MARELOKVS } TOWER IV NULLIFIER:

fFNkX8b.gif

NOW HOW ABOUT AN UNFORMA'D, UNPOTATOED, FRESH OFF THE MARKET LEVEL 0 BRATON { VS } ANOTHER TOWER IV NULLIFIER:

70tq7Yi.gif

No.  Difference.  At.  All.

Fix it.

Can't use a dread that does 50000 damage, can't use a vaykor marelok that does 10k damage PER SHOT WITH A BLAST AOE, but I can use an unranked Braton that deals 20 damage per shot!

CMON!!!!

EDIT:

Here is a 3 forma'd hek (no primed mods).  I fire it slowly and carefully, to make sure that I wasn't firing too fast and missing out on the bubble shrinking.  Note that the hek has the highest pellet count in the game (with the addition of the steel meridian mod, which I do have as you can see I have the insignia where the bullet count is in the bottom right)

Rj17oWR.gif

Results:  The shield does not shrink if you give it time after you shoot it.  It took 9 shots to deplete the shield entirely.  The shield would have depleted faster (I'm assuming) because of the high pellet count the hek has.  This proves that pellet count doesn't matter, damage doesn't matter, and the only thing left that DOES matter is high RoF.

Edited by DERebecca
Removed profanity

Bcs all good players going with Soma Prime and Boltor Prime. Snipers and such aren't allowed in Warframe, go with meta.

I play single shot weapons a lot, yeah, it's not that funny with those crashing my party, though some times I use them to have some fun.

On T4 interception I usually camp point A, since I can easily use my snipers there without getting ambushed. Some times it's so boring, that every time I see them nullifiers, I run, jump, use melee upwards, and then fall towards the middle of the bubble while "sliding" so I kick them in the face, and then 1 shot them while they are in the ground (kick is free stun). It's not what you should do, but it can be fun when enemies doesn't offer much of a challenge on early rounds.

A bubble with 2+ bombards inside is hell. Even worse when they can just hit you through walls (and they do shoot at the walls between you and them, even if you were never visible to them).

Corpus "should" have. Last time I tested, after they said that they had HP, they didn't have HP implemented. I heard it was because a hotfix removed it right after it was added.

Edited by Sorrow0110

I think it's funny how they said they changed the corpus nullifiers to supposedly not do this, then they make corrupted nullifiers and say nothing.

Great job DE, great job.

Corpus Nullifiers (should) have.

Corrupted... not yet.

Test on normal nullifiers as well to see if this matters.

I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing

'Hardened Shields' is probably one of my favorite game mechanics. It lets enemies survive the onslaught of our power-creeped weapons without having the ludicrous armor scaling that Warframe's late-game is notorious for.

'Hardened Shields' is probably one of my favorite game mechanics. It lets enemies survive the onslaught of our power-creeped weapons without having the ludicrous armor scaling that Warframe's late-game is notorious for.

you obviously never met a nulifier, frost eximus and heavy gunner running together have you

just because you don't think it's a 'bad thing' doesn't mean that it's not broken as hell

It's affected by damage, you use visibly less shots on Vaykor Marelok but there's a bloody lower limit for shots required, so yea. In fact, Opticor full clip doesnt down plain old Corpus Nullifier shields. 'one to two shots' required, hmm.

I agree that it's really annoying though.

try to do this with 100+ lvl nullifier, surrounded with 100+ lvl mobs (especially corrupted bombards) and other nullifiers

You're not supposed to kill Level 100 Nullifiers. Don't like me saying 100? What exactly MUST THE LEVEL BE THEN.

So yeah, a lot of people are saying 'nullifier's shields are affected by damage now, so quit your whining.'

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEE.

TRY THIS ON FOR SIZE:  2 FORMA'D, POTATOED VAYKOR MARELOKVS } TOWER IV NULLIFIER:

NOW HOW ABOUT AN UNFORMA'D, UNPOTATOED, FRESH OFF THE MARKET LEVEL 0 BRATON { VS } ANOTHER TOWER IV NULLIFIER:

No.  Difference.  At.  All.

Fix it.

Can't use a dread that does 50000 damage, can't use a vaykor marelok that does 10k damage PER SHOT WITH A BLAST AOE, but I CAN USE A F*** UNRANKED BRATON THAT DEALS 20 DAMAGE PER SHOT

CMON MAN

CMON!!!!

You can carry more then one weapon. Deal with it.

Edited by DSpite

you obviously never met a nulifier, frost eximus and heavy gunner running together have you

I have, and I like the challenge it provides

It's slightly silly how previously, even allegedly end-game level enemies were all susceptible to Warframe abilities, and provided no real challenge outside of being bullet sponges for a properly coordinated team.

Now enemies actually have the chance to deal damage.

You can carry more then one weapon. Deal with it.

So what, are you just anti choice?  I should have to sacrifice a weapon slot for some weapon I don't care about like a boltor just to deal with one enemy?  I like having variety.  I like to use different weapons.  People like you make me doubt that this game isn't just going to be rhinos running around with boltors and somas one day.

So what, are you just anti choice?  I should have to sacrifice a weapon slot for some weapon I don't care about like a boltor just to deal with one enemy?  I like having variety.  I like to use different weapons.  People like you make me doubt that this game isn't just going to be rhinos running around with boltors and somas one day.

DE should not balance to cater towards un-optomized builds. You have your freedom to loadout with whatever you want on intermediate missions, but end-game content needs to be restricted to high-tier builds.

It only makes sense to force squads to adapt their builds for end game enemies, it'd be silly to allow any random loadout to succeed in T4.

Edited by Vallerian

Nullifier shields are effected by RoF and the power behind those shots hitting it can make it shrink more than a weaker shot.. This seem working as intended. DE never said nullifiers had HP totals, only that damage mattered some now.