Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Is Not An Mmo

Etsoree

Am I the only one who is seeing a lot of people starting to say this again?

*EDIT*

I don't consider this game an MMO.

Also, according to Wikipedia, Warframe is a third-person shooter game.

Edited by Etsoree

Massively Multiplayer Online game? Seems like it is.

It just uses raw instances rather than massive communal rooms, while many MMOs use both. Devs have mentioned that the planned "Death Of the Solar Map" will lead to more common areas for Tenno, though its unknown if these will just be communal public spots or ones open to PvE combat.

Warframe is not a MMO it's a CO-OP player game -

MMO - is a multiplayer which is capable of supporting large numbers of players simultaneously which is not the case here (most likely around 10-50+)

CO-OP game - is a mutliplayer that can support limited number of players simultaneously mostly 2  to 8 players (maybe not sure about it) which is the case in warframe... yes there are many players but a game session is 4 players max in one session therefor warframe can support 4 players in the same time and not 10-50+ (im not sure about the right numbers)

I think they've got some good idea with the massive world hub, but I think it should be treated like the Clan Dojo - an optional thing people could go to and use if they want to. The beauty of Warframe, in my opinion, is the Star Map, and how quick and simple it is to use. I'm sure I could get used to what they're going to do, and even learn to love it, but I'll be sad to see it go.

None of which have anything like the invasion system where what other people are doing affects your game.

Until you realize you'd still be running invasion missions, but with different factions and shizzle. Along with a max of 3 other players.

Still not massive.

MMO's are varied in terms of definition. If you're thinking of something like WoW the you are right that is an MMORPG.

MMO means massively multiplayer online for those who didn't know and warframe constitutes as that with an argument for the massive part. It's pretty big, it's coop, and requires Internet connection to play.

If we use some synonyms then we get, warframe is massive, multiplayer, and online!

None of which have anything like the invasion system where what other people are doing affects your game.

actually ME3 MP used to have a weekly event where if you succeeded your target goal as a community, the whole community got a reward, but still that didnt make ME3 MP massive multiplayer either, its still a 4 man co-op fps.

MMO means massively multiplayer online for those who didn't know and warframe constitutes as that with an argument for the massive part. It's pretty big, it's coop, and requires Internet connection to play.

your attributing the "massive" part to what tho?  the players in chat?   the playerbase as a whole?   technically that would make a ton of other games all MMO's as well when their clearly not.

that would make UT99 a MMO as it had chat functions built in and a huge playerbase as well and could easily field more players in 1 game than warframe.

Edited by Methanoid