Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Survival Missions On Earth: How Do They "choke You Out?"

blackstraykitten

Well if we get all technical and try our best to grasp for explanatory ideas.

Then maybe earths atmosphere is borked and all of the bases are located in biodomes with their own atmosphere which gets vented during missions, but there's nothing in the sky box and you come in via a small flying transport so....... there goes that theory.

If you notice all of the planetary missions seems to take place in low areas and depressions and canyons of some description or another.

It is entirely feasible that the Grineer are flooding the low area with heavier than air gasses that we cant breathe. That pushes the breathable air outside of the area we're in and we start to suffocate unless we can get the air support to briefly inject enough air to allow us to continue on for a short time.

but how do you choke out some one in open air?

Have you tried to leave the area? Even with Zephyr you hit an invisible wall.

One could easily say that the "invisible video game wall" is actually a dome, and that Earth's atmosphere is toxic outside the dome in which the Grineer control.

Giant, crazy trees could be giving off a invisible toxic pollen 24/7.

theres a lot of thing that dont make sense in the game, one example is infested survival.

why and how on earth does the infested, these mutated fleshes that most of them probably couldn't think, feel, and just running blindly, used an personal oxygen supply?! i thought they didnt breath anyway but if they did, who the hell put them in?!?!

@Babalenong

You do have to realize that the infested are just infected and mutated corpus and grineer soldiers. So they are still carrying the personal life support units that the corpus or grineer were when the virus struck.

From there its not far fetched to say that every corpus or grineer unit has some form of internal life support.

The only thing preventing them from dropping them 100%of the time is the fact that we damage them in some way when we kill them and we only see the life supports that are undamaged.

@The_Sharp_Demonologist
Oh, I wouldn't disagree with you at all there.
I mean, the infested bosses keep saying "we" and "us" like they are a hivemind.
I wouldn't be surprised if they are revealed to have a very smart intelligence behind them.  I was just referring to why they would be carrying around the life support capsules when they may not actually need them anymore.

I really like doing Nightmares on Earth and getting low-G.  

"Guys, I'm pretty sure gravity on Earth could be described as Earth-like..."

Also, the planet description (last I checked) still claims Earth is a desolate wasteland.  Which made for a cooler grimdark future than ninjungles, but ok.