Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prosecutors And Damage 2.0: Not-So-Good Design Decision

Xylia

So, for awhile we've had this thing called Damage 2.0.

And for awhile there, DE was all hot and bothered to over-complicate it, giving every unit its unique resistances, to where we don't have just armor/health/shields, we have to have 2-3 different armor types, 2-3 different shield types, blah blah blah.

And most of these heavily lean towards combined element types for whatever mob you're trying to fight.

Oh WAIT!

Here comes prosecutors and you MUST have a specific SINGLE element (but of course, the combined elements won't work! oh no, of course not).

Nobody uses Single Elements on their weapons in any kind of serious content because... well.... Damage 2.0. You want X, Y for Z mob. But because there's several KINDS of resistances in a single map, you probably need Build A on your Rifle, Build B on your Pistol and Build C on your melee just to cover all of the weaknesses you might find in one single map.

Just where do you think we have room for Pure Element builds?

Oh wait.....let's make these prosecutors......RANDOM! You can't even try to predict what you'll run into; I know for a fact there's at least 4 different types.

I could have sworn DE said they wanted to pull us away from "Rainbow Builds" when they made Damage 2.0.... now we're being asked to carry a rainbow on us... only we have to do it on each of our weapons, and forget about combined elements (which was supposed to be one of the selling points for D2.0 in the first place).

Instead of having these guys vulnerable to an element.... how about making them vulnerable to Slash/Puncture/Impact instead? At least THAT way, you don't have to screw up your builds that you need to take down those stupid Eviscerators/Bombards/etc.

I love these guys...they are hilarious and scary at the same time...and so much more stalkery than the stalker. The unique system and the fact that they make other enemies immune is a very interesting leader mechanic that forces you to think and adapt quick. Certain frames and weapons can get around the single element requirement in indirect and simple ways, but it's a lot of fun to see those ways pay off.

i was sincerely disappointed when i realized the lawyers didn't spawn out of Ceres, because I love these guys. Without sarcasm, they are probably my favorite part of U13.

ice lawyers oh god nobody ever brings cold!

I like then as enemies

Just equip different elements when you do those missions Primary/Secondary/Melee/Sentinel, Or take a frame with a lot of CC. 

I found the Boar prime worked well even when set to the wrong element.

The point is that there is no one uberbuild you may need to switch up for specific missions.

Though the beacon grindwall for Hek is irritating.

Even if you do not have the correct element, it only leads to reduced damage. It's entirely possible to take down a prosecutor using the wrong element; it just takes longer whereas using the right element makes them die in 3-4 hits.

Even if you do not have the correct element, it only leads to reduced damage. It's entirely possible to take down a prosecutor using the wrong element; it just takes longer whereas using the right element makes them die in 3-4 hits.

Yeah, I tried this. Trying to kill something doing 3-10 damage a hit eats up most of your ammo and it takes quite a bit of Time.

And again, this being Survivalframe, we're shoehorned into doing survival if we want to see more than 1-2 per mission and... well. Yeah, I don't really think you have a couple minutes to spend hacking at a single enemy trying to take it down doing single digits because you don't have his weakness.

Meanwhile, your air is running out and other guys are pouring into the room while you're trying to kill the stupid thing.

Well, what I do on my weapons is

A: 1 Combined Element + 1 Core Element

i.e. Corrosive + Fire or Radiation + Ice

Not everybody has 8x Forma in their weapons, you know. There are some people out there who don't even have potatoes in their weapons.

It takes waaaay too long to take them down with the wrong damage type. And elemental weapons with the wrong element type do 0 damage, which is absurd.

That's because the guy is blocking your shots, similar to how you can now if you pull your weapon out.

To do damage to him, you have to face-tank him so that he's swinging instead of blocking.

Yeah, I tried this. Trying to kill something doing 3-10 damage a hit eats up most of your ammo and it takes quite a bit of Time.

And again, this being Survivalframe, we're shoehorned into doing survival if we want to see more than 1-2 per mission and... well. Yeah, I don't really think you have a couple minutes to spend hacking at a single enemy trying to take it down doing single digits because you don't have his weakness.

I wouldn't say minutes, I would say more along the lines of 15-20 seconds

The must take some damage from stacked elements. Very little, but they do take some.

I have Radiation + Viral on my Dakra and I've been able to damage every prosecutor I came across. And it isn't my sentinel btw, he doesn't have his gun equiped.

Edited by LocoWithGun

This was an aspect I did not include in the ridiculousness of the key construction for Vay Hek's Triangulation Debacle.

They're either tanks who aren't threatening at all.

Or paper thin trash mobs.

I see no added value from them, just frustration.

I've tried to write a well-thought out suggestion or critique on the Persecutors and it quickly turns to a rant.

The thread was going to be titled: "Put Down the Magic 8 Ball and Step Away". Yep, that's how bad it got :P

Lets just...chalk it up to another squandered opportunity. Well, at least there's a mob that is pretty much guaranteed to not go down instantly, and can be stunlocked by melee.

I'll just view it as an inordinately high HP mob, and work from there. PS viral proc works wonders.

/solvedbutstillsquandered

I think they should give them more damage. Maybe some ability-disruption like the Stalker has to start peeling away layers of frames that can just ignore them.

To be honest I've ignored the fact you need a single element to hurt them in favor of fighting them as excellent melee enemies-- and for DE's first interation of them, they're quite fun. If more enemies are as durable as they are, the skill that melee is proving to take could go to good use!

Hooray for Prosecutors!

Just where do you think we have room for Pure Element builds?

Ember/Ember Prime - Fire

Primary Weapon - 2x Toxic mods + Grineer Bane mod + Regular build

Secondary Weapon - 2x Cold Mods + Grineer Bane mod + Regular build

Melee Weapon - 3x Electric mods + Grineer bane mod + Regular build

Happy Hunting.

Ember/Ember Prime - Fire

Primary Weapon - 2x Toxic mods + Grineer Bane mod + Regular build

Secondary Weapon - 2x Cold Mods + Grineer Bane mod + Regular build

Melee Weapon - 3x Electric mods + Grineer bane mod + Regular build

Happy Hunting.

Such variety. Good think I only want to play Ember.

It's also good that I want to equip all 3 weapons despite the fact that the ability not to do so has only been implemented 2 days ago.

(Just in case: that's sarcasm :P)

Edited by The_Doc

My Carrier can easily handle them in survival all the way up to 25 or 30 minutes, so it's pretty trivial to carry all four elements.

Trivial? Trivially boring and abstract.

What does it add to have to carry a unique loadout for a single specific enemy? It certainly doesn't add challenge. Or fun.

What exactly is this supposed to bring to the game?

They aren't dangerous at all. I just put corrosive and fire damage on my dera, then put radiation on my galatine. Then I either shoot them to death or chop them to bits with the galatine, they aren't a large problem at all. If you don't have the element, just channel and keep hitting them, they'll still take slash damage.