Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prosecutors And Damage 2.0: Not-So-Good Design Decision

Xylia

Even if you do not have the correct element, it only leads to reduced damage. It's entirely possible to take down a prosecutor using the wrong element; it just takes longer whereas using the right element makes them die in 3-4 hits.

+1.

All I'm seeing in this thread are complaints from people who haven't fought any Prosecutors and are judging the devs' decisions before even experiencing them. If you don't have the right element, then Prosecutors are still very much killable; they'll just take much longer.

Fun fact: go for headshots. A decently-modded Bow, for example, can take out a Prosecutor in a single headshot regardless of the element.

(source: done it multiple times. Teammates have two-shotted them with Penta.)

+1.

All I'm seeing in this thread are complaints from people who haven't fought any Prosecutors and are judging the devs' decisions before even experiencing them. If you don't have the right element, then Prosecutors are still very much killable; they'll just take much longer.

Fun fact: go for headshots. A decently-modded Bow, for example, can take out a Prosecutor in a single headshot regardless of the element.

I've fought plenty of Prosecutors, enough that I ALMOST have a Vay Hek key. Missing 1 Delta, 2 Kappa and... not Omega, but that other one I'm missing 1-2 of them.

But... I don't use Bows. I don't like bows or sniper weapons. I like machineguns. Wanna know what DOESN'T kill one of these stupid things very well? A Braton Prime. I'm lucky I see 5 damage per bullet if it is the wrong element. It takes 2+ clips to kill one. And since everybody is all "SURVIVAL!! DO SURVIVAL!" ... guess what's happening while I'm blowing two plus clips into a single mob?

......there's this little thing called air and it runs out.

+1.

If you give me enough delta i can craft 8 vay hek keys and also i crafted some before, sure ive exploited 4 nekros tactic and got 5-6 drops per kill but still ive seen group lacking 1 specific element and trying to kill that guy for nearly 4 minutes.

Edited by Davoodoo

I'm glad they're here. It's no fun to only fight hordes of paper-thin trash mobs who drop from the first bullets of Soma's, Boltor Primes, and a quick zap from the Synapse.

Not only that, but it's an element that actually requires some *gasp* teamwork, planning, and coordination! Holy $#@!

Doing Nuovo with a good group is a *blast!*

Yeah, I tried this. Trying to kill something doing 3-10 damage a hit eats up most of your ammo and it takes quite a bit of Time.

And again, this being Survivalframe, we're shoehorned into doing survival if we want to see more than 1-2 per mission and... well. Yeah, I don't really think you have a couple minutes to spend hacking at a single enemy trying to take it down doing single digits because you don't have his weakness.

^^ I'm not a fan of 1-10 dmg per bullet either, OR running out of ammo. But teamwork does work in this situation. 

Crowd Control: Nova, Vauban, Rhino, Nyx, Zeph, Nekros, hell even Loki can disable an annoying pack of Napalms and Bombards.

I don't understand why people are so upset. Some people say this game is too easy. I agree. I like the challenge. 

They are not immune to Physical Damage tho.

I just lure them to a empty room and kill them with my melee, i enjoy practicing Combos on them since they are the only units that don't die after the first or second hit :)

Also, high Critical hit weapons like Bows and the Soma seems unusually effective on them even without the required Element.

Edited by RexSol

Ember/Ember Prime - Fire

Primary Weapon - 2x Toxic mods + Grineer Bane mod + Regular build

Secondary Weapon - 2x Cold Mods + Grineer Bane mod + Regular build

Melee Weapon - 3x Electric mods + Grineer bane mod + Regular build

Happy Hunting.

Mix and match.

Volt : electricity

Frost: cold

Saryn: toxic

I've fought plenty of Prosecutors, enough that I ALMOST have a Vay Hek key. Missing 1 Delta, 2 Kappa and... not Omega, but that other one I'm missing 1-2 of them.

But... I don't use Bows. I don't like bows or sniper weapons. I like machineguns. Wanna know what DOESN'T kill one of these stupid things very well? A Braton Prime. I'm lucky I see 5 damage per bullet if it is the wrong element. It takes 2+ clips to kill one. And since everybody is all "SURVIVAL!! DO SURVIVAL!" ... guess what's happening while I'm blowing two plus clips into a single mob?

......there's this little thing called air and it runs out.

- More or less the same situation (including clips taken) with Akstilettos for me. Two clips into the head is a bit harsh, but it's not exactly like it's a common unit or anything (one per wave in Defense really isn't a lot, and will not jeopardize the mission). The resistances should be lowered for fast-but-weak weapons like Akstiletto and Braton, but definitely not to the point where it's "just another unit" that melts away in a split second.

- Prioritizing the harmless but tanky enemies in Survival and expecting the air to not drop is like killing nothing but fodder mobs in Themisto and wondering why Alad V isn't dying. Considering the minuscule threat they post, the enemy isn't stopping you from progressing in the game mode unless you divert all of your attention to it. (Prosecutors don't seem to have the same abilities as Leaders; their only similarity is their glow.)

If you give me enough delta i can craft 8 vay hek keys and also i crafted some before, sure ive exploited 4 nekros tactic and got 5-6 drops per kill but still ive seen group lacking 1 specific element and trying to kill that guy for nearly 4 minutes.

- I've been in groups that have taken similar amounts of time to kill things, even with our strongest weaponry. Then we realized that headshots are a thing and no Prosecutor took longer than ten seconds to kill from that point forward.

The majority of the time, we even stopped firing to let the prosecutor survive a bit longer until our Nekros could come within range. Then we'd one/two-shot it and be on with our merry way.

Edited by SortaRandom

I don't understand why people are so upset. Some people say this game is too easy. I agree. I like the challenge. 

Challenging doesnt mean the same as punishing.

Raising enemy hp or giving it resistance for no apparent reason is punishing, but dont get me wrong scaling enemies up is ok as long as its balanced with player growth, so if we get twice as strong we should expect enemies to get at least twice as strong.

Giving it a fun and deadly move or mechanic that is hard but possible to avoid is challenge.

Edited by Davoodoo

Off top of my head a much better idea would making them a overall very tanky enemy which has a body shield that converts all elemental damage into health with 1000% efficiency. So you would need to stop and make sure to carefully aim for limbs/head.

Right now the idea sounds not much better than making 2 enemy types - one takes 1000% more damage if your frame has "R" in it's name and only 0,001% if it doesn't. And the other is opposite. Making you balance your team between frames with "R" in their name and without it.

Off top of my head a much better idea would making them a overall very tanky enemy which has a body shield that converts all elemental damage into health with 1000% efficiency. So you would need to stop and make sure to carefully aim for limbs/head.

Right now the idea sounds not much better than making 2 enemy types - one takes 1000% more damage if your frame has "R" in it's name and only 0,001% if it doesn't. And the other is opposite. Making you balance your team between frames with "R" in their name and without it.

So you're saying you want Embers, Oberons, Excaliburs, Nekros, Saryns, Valkyrs, Hydroids, and Zephyrs to not be able to kill these guys?

Edited by Xylia

Haven't run into much trouble with them even while soloing, sentinel has one of the elements and i have combined elements + another one on my other 3 weapons so either way something's dying, also channelling attacks seem to do well against them regardless of element as long as you have a physical weapon.

for example

burston prime radiation toxin

marelok corrosive cold

dual ichors corrosive heat

deth machine rifle:viral + elec

then there is the elemental frames and the ones that can give a damage boost. to be honest the thing that  is most annoying to me are Seekers who hide in the chaos and 2 shot me.

Edited by Nadhua