Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Would I Ever Use Dead Eye?

Snakeslicer

Dead Eye has had a pretty rough time.

After getting reduced, it now only offers an increase of 20% at rank 5 to SNIPERS only.

Wouldn't I just use Rifle Amp, then?

Rifle Amp provides 27% damage increase at rank 5 to RIFLES. Snipers=Rifles.  Rifles≠Snipers.

In essence, Dead Eye gives LESS of a damage increase to LESS weapons.

Out of everything that needs a buff, I think Dead Eye should be a priority.

EDIT: I broke the color, but don't know how to fix it. :(

Edited by DERebecca
fixed your colours

There's a difference between rifles and sniper rifles, hence the 2 mods of course.

also

>using snipers in the first place.

But doesn't rifle amp work for snipers as well?

EDIT: It has been confirmed as of U12, when Dead Eye was released.

Edited by Snakeslicer

Snipers=Rifles

I don't believe this is the case

Though now that I have tried looking it up, I may be wrong about that.

If rifle amp also affects snipers that may be a bug though, as the existence of dead eye suggests it isn't supposed to.

Edited by Meenmu

[Not related to the content of your post]

You changed the colour of the text to black because you copied and pasted with black text.

Everything after that is black. To fix that, just copy & paste your whole post into a text document and make the whole thing white. This'll fix your problem.

[Not related to the content of your post]

You changed the colour of the text to black because you copied and pasted with black text.

Everything after that is black. To fix that, just copy & paste your whole post into a text document and make the whole thing white. This'll fix your problem.

Ok, thanks!

I couldn't find a 'not equals' sign, so I got one off the interwebs.

Edited by Snakeslicer

I think when he says snipers=rifles, he's talking in a 'real world' sense.

It means snipers are rifles, in terms of mod classification. But, I suppose in a real world sense as well.

Mods with the keyword RIFLE are compatible with snipers, while mods with the keyword SNIPER are not compatible with rifles.

The issues with Dead Eye's stats relative to Rifle Amp have been pointed out and don't seem to match up considering multi-weapon use. The only short term answer to 'why' is, given that it is Alert Only, would be if you don't yet have Rifle Amp and want higher Sniper Damage now (not a great answer but a possible one!).

The overall disparity has been logged when it was re-released and has potential to be reviewed, but an honest 'when' is uncertain at this time.

It means snipers are rifles, in terms of mod classification. But, I suppose in a real world sense as well.

Mods with the keyword RIFLE are compatible with snipers, while mods with the keyword SNIPER are not compatible with rifles.

There is that, too, you're quite right. How odd that snipers distinguished in aura and ammo, but not so far as mods applied to the weapon. NOT THAT I'M ASKING FOR IT, GOD NO, DON'T POLLUTE THE LOOT TABLES MORE!

The issues with Dead Eye's stats relative to Rifle Amp have been pointed out and don't seem to match up considering multi-weapon use. The only short term answer to 'why' is, given that it is Alert Only, would be if you don't yet have Rifle Amp and want higher Sniper Damage now (not a great answer but a possible one!).

The overall disparity has been logged when it was re-released and has potential to be reviewed, but an honest 'when' is uncertain at this time.

Sweet! Thanks!

I'll still be using Rifle Amp for the time being, though. :D

any E.T.A. on when we can await anything done about snipers in general, as they are simply outclassed by bows atm?

(also, see this thread: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/220184-reworking-the-sniper-rifles/ )

There are a number of Auras that need attention.

The only Auras I see any use for are

Enemy Radar (if you do not have Enemy Sense)

Energy Syphon (main - polarity)

Infested Impedance (only if you aura slot is D polarity)

Rifle Amp (main V polarity)

Steel Charge (for melee builds)

The rest of the Auras are tier 2 and lower.

As a side note, any Warframe I intend to play any length of time that has a D polarity Aura slot gets polarized to - as soon as they hit Rank 30 to put Energy Syphon in.

Some players have http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Pistol_Amp, it was leaked out last October in the Transmutation fiasco.

Edited by Mickey1779

true words of a politician right there.

You got skills!