Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Want More Portal Missions!

HideorEscape

I am very thankful that DE has finally used the orokin portal to create a fun event.

I created a topic a while ago with a lot of ideas, they still could create many things with the Portal.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/163585-stargate-orokin-portal-void-expansion-ideas/

We want more "Gate Crash" missions! they are fun, they are better sabotage missions. It could replace some boring sabotage mission nodes or new mission nodes could be added to the Solar System.

What if the portal can be used as a Secondary Objective? just like the Derelict Vaults?

I don't want the Orokin Portal to just be only in this little event, I want it to be a mission that I can play anytime.

Warframe needs to have Orokin Portal missions or linked to tile sets as a secondary objective.

If you didn't check out my topic, you should!

What is your idea or opinion about the Orokin Portal?

Next Prime Access will have new prime gear and a prime frame. Needs to drop somewhere... I'm assuming these are foreshadowing Void Sabotage keys.

Most people are probably thinking void interception since we only have T4, but endless mission types are better for larger tables due to the reward rotation mechanics. I think they'll probably save those for when there are more new items to spread around and we'll get sabotage first. Could be wrong, but that's my best guess.

Could possibly find a massive ancient Orokin Mothership with several individual "world sections" containing different terrain types connected by portals. This way technically they can throw just about every single terrain type in the game into one massive mission.

It will turn into something like rifts in D3. XD

D3 Rifts are treated as simulations, they are created from the character's memories using enemies they have encountered as a base. They technically do not actually exist as a location you can go to, they are just formed as enclosed combat areas. This is why it requires you to have completed Act 5 before you can unlock them.

The thought line I put forth is more in line with the World Ship that was in an old multi-generation game called Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom for the Sega Genesis. Which I still have the guidebook for. In that game the inhabitants of that world do not even realize its a ship, and that there are pathways that lead to other sections that are treated as their own enclosed worlds. Which becomes a plot point important to the game.

D3 Rifts are treated as simulations, they are created from the character's memories using enemies they have encountered as a base. They technically do not actually exist as a location you can go to, they are just formed as enclosed combat areas. This is why it requires you to have completed Act 5 before you can unlock them.

The thought line I put forth is more in line with the World Ship that was in an old multi-generation game called Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom for the Sega Genesis. Which I still have the guidebook for. In that game the inhabitants of that world do not even realize its a ship, and that there are pathways that lead to other sections that are treated as their own enclosed worlds. Which becomes a plot point important to the game.

I mean has in execution rather than plot.

You open portal, kill the mini boss, grab the key and go to another location.

At the other location, there will be another torsion beam.

Use it to open another portal (instead of returning).

Rinse and repeat.

Enemies level up accordingly as you open more and more torsion beams.

The game ends if you decide to shut off the previous portal you came from.

Could possibly find a massive ancient Orokin Mothership with several individual "world sections" containing different terrain types connected by portals. This way technically they can throw just about every single terrain type in the game into one massive mission.

That would be cool. +1

Thanks for your feedback and suggestions everyone!  The new sabotage missions featured in Gate Crash will be making a comeback as derelict and void keys, with connections to Corpus tilesets in addition to the three Grineer locations.  Can't say when this will happen yet, we have some fixes and improvements to make first.

There were a few suggestions that the portal rooms should be used outside of the new saboage mode.  It's possible that we'll use them in different ways in the future :)

Thanks for your feedback and suggestions everyone!  The new sabotage missions featured in Gate Crash will be making a comeback as derelict and void keys, with connections to Corpus tilesets in addition to the three Grineer locations.  Can't say when this will happen yet, we have some fixes and improvements to make first.

There were a few suggestions that the portal rooms should be used outside of the new saboage mode.  It's possible that we'll use them in different ways in the future :)

Will the caches remain when this mode becomes a permanent addition?

Are the rescue 2.0 nodes also coming back to every node of the same mission type? (or is it just going to be exclusive to some rescue points only?)

And Excavation? When are they returning approximately? U15?

Edited by unknow99

Yes, and there will be caches in the Orokin version of the mode too.

Question, but will you be tweaking the Cache Loot system to give a bit more incentive for finding the caches? 

An example would be removing the "Low Rewards" (Measly pile of Credits, Rare 3 or whatever cores, T1-2 Keys) from the Caches's Droptables in the higher leveled missions.

The caches ARE great ~ but please take out the typical 1st-cache reward of a couple of thousand credits, which often turns out to be less than the amount of credits simply looted during the course of the mission, and replace it with something actually valuable and/or hard(er) to find, like a Fusion Core, which is typically the 2nd-cache reward.

Pritty preeze?

Are the rescue 2.0 nodes also coming back to every node of the same mission type? (or is it just going to be exclusive to some rescue points only?)

And Excavation? When are they returning approximately? U15?

Rescue 1.0 will be replaced completely, all Corpus Ship, Outpost, Shipyards and Infested rescue nodes are 2.0 currently.  We have Rescue 2.0 tiles very close to being finished for Galleon and Asteroid, which leaves only Settlement (Phobos).

Any chance we could get similar caches in the existing void missions? Being able to find rare resources or forma BPs would make exploring the void a lot more fun and rewarding.

Can't say whether or not they will make an appearance in other missions yet, but rest assured the volume of cache-related posts on the forums hasn't gone unnoticed!

Question, but will you be tweaking the Cache Loot system to give a bit more incentive for finding the caches? 

An example would be removing the "Low Rewards" (Measly pile of Credits, Rare 3 or whatever cores, T1-2 Keys) from the Caches's Droptables in the higher leveled missions.

Specific reward contents aren't my area, but I can give a generalized overview of rewards.  Each cache found (1-3) will have an increasing level of reward, similar to survival.  Caches in higher level void keys should also yield more valuable items, unlike the current event caches which have the same rewards regardless of difficulty.