Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Warframe Needs More Shotguns!

OkamiMilo

Before they go adding more shotguns to the game, they need to bring them up to par with the rest of the guns.

Apart from that, I say hells yeah! And throw in some pump-action while you're at it!

So...weapons that can do upwards of 3000 damage a shot aren't up to par...what the serious hell happened to this game?

Indeed, more shotguns would be nice, but maybe first we should buff some of the current shotguns first, get them on par with the rest of our arsenal.

Not like Drakgoon, though, just full on, blasting away fun. As well, they should revive the Boar.

So...weapons that can do upwards of 3000 damage a shot aren't up to par...what the serious hell happened to this game?

It's not about the individual damage a weapon can do, because if that were the case, every weapon in the game would easily be up to par. No, it's about how many enemies you can kill at a sustainable rate. Given how many enemies we fight in a single mission, DPS is the best stat in Warframe. Warframe Shotguns suffer at this because they have really bad damage drop off, no spread for hitting multiple enemies, and all of them have really bad reload speeds.

Rifles are overly good at this because they maintain high damage with good range, accuracy, and reload speed. LMG's, Shotguns, and Snipers don't compare because they tried to balance their individual damage output with slow attack time, which makes them universally inferior to rifles. Launchers get away with this because they actually hit more than one target, due to AoE type damage.

Edited by Krion112

Before they go adding more shotguns to the game, they need to bring them up to par with the rest of the guns.

Apart from that, I say hells yeah! And throw in some pump-action while you're at it!

This is pretty much my thought. I love shotguns in pretty much all games that have them, but in Warframe, most of them are pretty subpar compared to other weapons. No I'm not including secondary shotguns, since they use pistol mods which are extremely powerful.

So yes, first bring (most of) them in line, then give us more shotguns. If they simply give us new shotguns, the easy and less-commendable decision (in my opinion) of simply giving us super strong shotguns to bandaid that could be taken, so I prefer to avoid that personally.

Without any sarcasm, I think my math might be wrong somewhere if you say that, but last time I've used shotguns, besides the Brakk secondary shotgun and probably the Boar Prime, they seem pretty "meh" in overall gameplay for Warframe. Tigris is a good example of that due to its stats balance (especially its reload time).

Edited by Casardis

What shotgun (and mods) are you using to get the same effeciency as some of the more populær assault rifles or bows?

I that you have to play quite differently with shotguns, than with a spray-and-pray gun, but the current shotguns still can't keep up.

*shrug*

:(

It's not a problem with the game, it's with the players.

Damage per shot doesn't mean a damn thing when your rate of fire, magazine size, and reload speed are pitiful.

Except I can hold off an army with Hek alone. Four round mag and kinda slow reload, yet it wipes them out with Seeker installed. Shotguns are incredibly strong already.

Edited by DarkTails

*shrug*

:(

It's not a problem with the game, it's with the players.

Except I can hold off an army with Hek alone. Four round mag and kinda slow reload, yet it wipes them out with Seeker installed. Shotguns are incredibly strong already.

There we go. Someone who doesn't mind how shotguns function in the game. 

There we go. Someone who doesn't mind how shotguns function in the game. 

Ehh. Even if they might be powerful, they just aren't that fun to use. Short falloff makes it feel like your shotgun is flinging pebbles at enemies past 20m (this is better after the fix to falloff not taking damage mods into account), and shooting enemies provides little visual feedback. I still want shotguns to make corpses do a very small ragdoll on kill, or to provide more dismemberment effects. That way, shotguns will at least feel like the powerhouses they're supposed to be.

Their proc and crit chances are all borked too. U12 introduced a weird fix that splits status chance and crit chance by pellet, overall making elemental procs very rare and making crit and status mods useless compared to adding raw damage. The Drakgoon used to proc like crazy before the update, splitting enemies in half with every kill and making it a very fun gun to use. The fix took a lot of that magic away, and so shotguns in general feel very bland when compared to the other weapon classes.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

Shotguns have been underwhelming as a viable primary for a long time now as many have noted.

With the possible exception of the phage (which does not look like a shotgun, does not fire like a shot gun, does not sound like a shotgun, does not act like a shotgun) the shotguns are in a pretty sorry state. 

Witness how few people carry them these days.

Used to be pretty common to see someone in you random group packing one.  Now you level it up and put it on the shelf.  Shotties just are not the go to weapons they could be - which is sad.

The reasons all well documented above and in many threads.

If you think that dealing 3000dmg at close range actually is up to par with other weapons, then explain to me why a BOW deals 5-digit damage without headshots?

I'd be fine if bows got a damage reduction on bodyshots, but kept a multiplier that allowed them to still do massive damage on headshots.