Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Poll] Let's Speak About Those Nullifiers Shall We?

Ninjamander

Why:

The appearance of those Nullifiers seem to have create a storm in this community for various reason. After reading some comment (and calm myself down), I was very surprise they was no mega-thread / Poll regarding them.

I do know that some people are still steaming about DE decision about adding them  to the void but if you think about it, they may not be a bad thing after all. How we can fix something that is broken if you don't know what is the issue with them? Are they fine the way they are?

We all have a different opinion, but we do have something in common, we all (or not) enjoy Warframe or love in some point for various reason. Instead of bashing each other, maybe we should try to work together. I will admit I am not perfect, I did spread some of my steam in those forum and I regret some of my action. I am also sure that I am not the only one who did this (hopefully D= ).

How:

How we can work together on this? They are multiple way to do so, some are good and some are less. Hopefully, this Poll can help to have a good and civil discussion about them.

Many complain that the game is too easy, too hard, unbalance, ect. We are all allow to share our opinion but we need to remember (myself include x.x ) that what we are thinking are not fact, what could be easy for us could be hard for someone else and the other way around is also true.

This is the reason why I create this Poll, so we can acknowledged what most of the people think, why the game could head in this direction and ect.

Where:

http://goo.gl/M9kk13

Please, participate in this poll and if this tread get enough attention, DE may (or may not >.<;) take it in consideration. But hey, no harm trying right? If none of those choice suit you, please select other and post your civil and constructive opinion in this tread. If you are agree with someone post, click the +1 button. If you make a selection in the poll and want to explain why, feel free to do so.

p.s. English is not my native language, my grammar is far from perfect! I apologize in advance!

edit: Forgot to mention we can speak about them in general, not only void exclusive.

Edited by Ninjamander

Personally, I feel that with as long as the Corpus have been fighting the Tenno, it's about time they came up with something that gives them an edge. I mean, they are the techno-Ferengi after all. The nullifiers fit well with this idea as far as I'm concerned. They're actually advancing as a species. Now we just need to kick them in the gonads a little harder. >=)

Way to actually approach this from an objective perspective. Always nice to get a break from the ragers. I will agree that they are irritating and add significant difficulty in certain circumstances. I feel like the game could use the difficulty boost, but a closed beta player and a new player may have different opinions. I don't they should be removed, maybe tweaked. They could have a drawback, or maybe a percentage nullification based on level.

My only issue with Nullifiers was before the change, where rate of fire was how to deal with their shield. Now that damage affects it, I've found them a welcome challenge and enjoy fighting them without needing to bring my furis or other fully automatic dual pistols.

All it does is make gameplay more annoying and tedious.

The sphere should equally be hurt by friendly fire - and block it ( smart selective forcefield ? -_-) AND block any abilities - like moa  shockwave, eximus auras.

IT needs a mechanic to work with slow fire, high damage weapons. Damage based scaling isn't enough (Like overcharge - cant dissipate the absorbed energy fast enough in that short time - causes damage to nullifier  or kills him).

They killed stealth gameplay vs corpus - snipers are worthless.

I love them, I really do. However, the Corrupted Nullifier shields still don't go down based on damage and this is the thing that irks me the most.

The second thing that irks me is that the Nullifier has a Lanka. These units should be melee-only beefcakes instead. I feel they would still pose a threat, but without so much one-shot trolling.

Need a little bit of tweaking, but I think they're pretty good. They shouldn't disable abilities that are active if you walk into it, but rather cut the duration in half, as well as making you unable to use abilities until you exit. I think that would be fair.

They are fine, but upon the last patch notes stating that their shield value would decrease depending on the incoming damage, I'm disappointed that my unmodded sechura dual cestra can still pop his shield compared to my fully modded opticor. 

This. It's not correctly implemented.

They are fine, but upon the last patch notes stating that their shield value would decrease depending on the incoming damage, I'm disappointed that my unmodded sechura dual cestra can still pop his shield compared to my fully modded opticor. 

^^^^^^^^^^^^ this

i throw my glaive thru the nullifier's shield and it can go right thru him and kill an enemy on the other side of his shield, but the nullifier takes no dmg and the bubble barely shrinks at all =/

i get the concept of the unit in theory, and i dont necessarily want them removed from the game, but they still need to be tweaked some more, thats for sure, being immune to ALL forms of dmg from outside the bubble is just too much for a non-mini-boss type unit

It being anti-fun because you need to do something else than spamming an ability? 

Whether you spam an ability or not they stay anti-fun. Their lanka's are op as hell and in combo with all the other mobs especially on higher level you really get in a tough pickle.

Voted for the first one. I like challenges. Whiners will always whine...

Can't believe most votes go for the third option... that means a lot of people just like the easy way out.

Hope DE leave it as it is, or they BUFF them.

I'm sad so many people can't stand hardcore. 

^^^^^^^^^^^^ this

i throw my glaive thru the nullifier's shield and it can go right thru him and kill an enemy on the other side of his shield, but the nullifier takes no dmg and the bubble barely shrinks at all =/

i get the concept of the unit in theory, and i dont necessarily want them removed from the game, but they still need to be tweaked some more, thats for sure, being immune to ALL forms of dmg from outside the bubble is just too much for a non-mini-boss type unit

woa, they do need a tweaking!

On my side, I personalty think they should be much more like a tank but your weapon should affect them regardless of they nullify ability.

Run Nightmare Corpus in an ability-focused build (hello, Valkyr/Rhino/whoever's actually meant to absorb all that damage) and say that, I dares ya =P

Aren't we talking about the nullifiers being in the void? 

EDIT : Also, what if the nightmare mission is an energy drain kind-of mission?

Edited by yangskiii

They shouldn't be in the game because they make no sense.
The Corpus found out how to COMPLETELY negate warframe powers. The technology is small and cheap enough to be carried by infantry.
WHAT is stopping them from mass producing more stationary ones and putting them up everywhere completly shutting down the Tenno?
Exactly, nothing.

IF this technology is in the game the tenno lose, the game is over. We couldn't fight back, end of story.

That the Corpus have access to this and choose to only put it on infantry defies all logic.

Not the slightest modicum of thought went into this, I actually feel insulted by this stupidity.

Warframe has a lot of non-sensical things, yes, but I feel this has reached a point where the internal consistency breaks down completely.

They shouldn't be in the game because they make no sense.

The Corpus found out how to COMPLETELY negate warframe powers. The technology is small and cheap enough to be carried by infantry.

WHAT is stopping them from mass producing more stationary ones and putting them up everywhere completly shutting down the Tenno?

Exactly, nothing.

IF this technology is in the game the tenno lose, the game is over. We couldn't fight back, end of story.

That the Corpus have access to this and choose to only put it on infantry defies all logic.

Not the slightest modicum of thought went into this, I actually feel insulted by this stupidity.

Warframe has a lot of non-sensical things, yes, but I feel this has reached a point where the internal consistency breaks down completely.

What if it's expensive to make? or the materials to make it are rare?