Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lack Of Oxygen On Survival?

hatetheory

Is it me or is it almost impossible to solo survival past 15 minutes now? If so this is a really bad design flaw. We should be failing due to deaths or difficulty of enemies not being forced out cause of their terrible drop rates for oxygen. I'm on my last nerve with this company lately not sure how much longer im willing to deal with this crap.

depends on what lvl of survival and what frame you are bring to the table. also theres other things such as mods, weapons, etc. i can survive for bout 25 mins on excal and nova up to lvl 20-30 survival (im still a rookie dont judge me >_>) due to my mods and weapons. personal LS is more of rng if anything. there are times when it drops crap loadds and there are times its only dropping little to none. in instances when its dropping very little i usually stay around ls and jump from ls to ls and extract at 20.

Edited by Noble_One

have you tried tha corner tactic ??? stay in a room on the side whith closed doors ... there should be more enemies swarming in because they need to spawn on the other rooms

the more open doors you have the better then stay at the one that is closed ... it should start to rain enemies

Edited by Severuslanskerr

I should have clarified i meant the rng mini oxygen drops their just barely dropping for me tonight one map i actually found only 3 lol. Its still kind of off point though i think the oxygen mechanic is fine because you dont want people hiding. The thing is their should be an abundance of oxygen so you can stay till you cant take on the enemies anymore. The mode is called survival not run around like a moron wishing someone would drop oxygen i dont understand their thinking on alot of things lately but this has always bothered me.

I should have clarified i meant the rng mini oxygen drops their just barely dropping for me ...

It has changed with the recent update. It's right there in the patch notes.

Playing the same missions with the same gear and the same strategy from before 15.13, the drops are reduced.

It has changed with the recent update. It's right there in the patch notes.

Playing the same missions with the same gear and the same strategy from before 15.13, the drops are reduced.

This. The change in the enemy spawn system, although probably helpful for full squad runs, (hard to notice anyway) seems to have actually reduced the spawn rate in solo survival runs.

I can camp certain rooms in T4S without dropping below 70% Life Support for a good 40min solo pre-15.13, but now i can barely keep up 40%. The 'small' change in personal life support drop rates combined with the seemingly lesser spawn rate of enemies in solo survival made it harder to keep the bar up without resorting to using the capsules. (and no, this isn't because i can't kill stuff fast enough nor do i suck at solo survival)

Survival in asteroid and galleon tilesets also have these time intervals where enemies completely stop spawning for 40sec or more. I haven't tried running with a full squad lately to test out the differences but as a consistent solo survival player there's definitely something wrong with spawn/drop mechanics atm.

IIRC it also depends a lot on the tier of the mission (which is not the same thing as the level of the enemies), which controls the spawn rates. For solo, you have to go for high spawn rates, i.e. high tier. So for example Elara (Jupiter) is more populated than Cassini (Saturn) despite the enemies on Saturn being more difficult.

Yemaja (Sedna) is the lowest-level tier 3 mission, and as such should be the easiest to do. Equally, Phalan (Eris) is the highest-level tier 2 mission, and as such should be the most difficult to do.

For soloing, don't do Tier 1 missions. No matter how easily and fast you kill them, you'll never get enough many enemies.

On unrelated notes, I have soloed 45 minutes on a T2S with a Mirage or a Zephyr, and left because of damage falloff and not lack of oxygen.

IIRC it also depends a lot on the tier of the mission (which is not the same thing as the level of the enemies), which controls the spawn rates. For solo, you have to go for high spawn rates, i.e. high tier. So for example Elara (Jupiter) is more populated than Cassini (Saturn) despite the enemies on Saturn being more difficult.

Yemaja (Sedna) is the lowest-level tier 3 mission, and as such should be the easiest to do. Equally, Phalan (Eris) is the highest-level tier 2 mission, and as such should be the most difficult to do.

For soloing, don't do Tier 1 missions. No matter how easily and fast you kill them, you'll never get enough many enemies.

On unrelated notes, I have soloed 45 minutes on a T2S with a Mirage or a Zephyr, and left because of damage falloff and not lack of oxygen.

the experiences i posted about are from Palus - Pluto and Nuovo - Ceres, the top level survivals for Corpus and Grineer respectively. Survivals from syndicate alerts also have this issue since 15.13.

Although i do notice an apparent difference in spawn count per survival, like how Apollodorus spawns a lot more mobs than Yemaja despite both being the lowest level of their respective tiers, how does one find out which mission is more populated than another? I'll try running all the survival nodes in the meanwhile to see if the issue is present, but i can definitely say that solo T4S has either reduced spawn rate or reduced life support drop rate than usual.

I can do 40 mins any survival solo. It's about your strategy.

If you're soloing, it shouldn't matter about strategy as long as you kill enemies constantly. 

I have noticed a decrease in life support capsules droprates.  The void seems okay, but everywhere else is running out when it wasn't before 15.13ish.

Example: Killed 500+ enemies in two solo Derelict Survivals and barely made it to 20 mins because life support capsules barely dropped.

Edited by Lanieu

The mode is called survival not run around like a moron wishing someone would drop oxygen i dont understand their thinking on alot of things lately but this has always bothered me.

Tenno be like this guy for oxygen

5e78a2562bf7aecbc56432612360a0e157e0dc31

Edited by Cellix1

I can confirm what others have already said: Recent changes seem to reduce enemy spawn rate, or the LS modules drop rate. Usually running Void suvival(T1-T4) I can go 10-15 minutes without activating the LS Capsules, now I need to activate one in the first five minutes.

I can confirm what others have already said: Recent changes seem to reduce enemy spawn rate, or the LS modules drop rate. Usually running Void suvival(T1-T4) I can go 10-15 minutes without activating the LS Capsules, now I need to activate one in the first five minutes.

Is this solo?

Because even beforehand I'd never get enough Life Support Drops to last 10 or 15 minutes before activating the first life support (in solo).  Now seems even less especially outside the Void.

Usually in coop, we'd have too many capsules at that point.