Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shared Mods Within Weapons And Sentinels

Demdemeh

I find the method pretty annoying and malfunctioning.

I have double mods to fulfill sentinels and weapons modding and most of the times it is a mess.

When I have to select them they always come in pairs. So I thought that "picking always the second showed one for the sentinels and the first one for the weapons" would have been a solution.

Nope. I unmodded all my weapons and sentinels then I modded my sentinel first and sterted to remod all my weapons.

Even though I tried to put some order it didn't work.

In addition to that the message "This mod is already equipped on XXXX" only appears when you are actually equipping such weapon/sentinel and your TOUCH the mod. So may happen that I'm putting Stormbringer 1 on my Soma P and Stormbringer 2 on my Laser Rifle Prime but then I use Helios and change primary. Maybe I've put Stormbringer 2 (by mistake) on my Amprex and when I equip back the Laser Rifle Prime I have Stormbringer 2 on both sentinel and Amprex ending with one being stealth-deactivated.

I hope you got what I mean and when I talk about "Sentinels" I obviously refer to their weapons. I use Laser Rifle Prime, Sweeper, Deconstructor with the result of having always my melee and rifle mods screwed up.

I'm sure I'm not the only one being terribly annoyed by this mechanic...

Thank you!

Edited by Demdemeh

i'm perfectly fine with the Mods not sharing, however... the fact that the Mods don't have ANY sort of notification as to what they're currently Equipped on, or if they're Equipped on anything.

being able to identify what things Mods are Equipped on seems like basic functionality.

Mods that are already equipped on a Sentinel weapon shouldn't appear at all or at least be marked as unavailable in the mod selection for your own weapons and vice versa, even if the weapon that the mod is used for isn't equipped at the moment.

Because there is no icon on the mod saying its on the sentinel I just use the sweeper when I use a rifle equipped and Deth machine Rifle when I use a shotgun. Doing it this way is a lot less trouble.

I personally dont like the Idea of having a duplicate set if mods just for the sentinel but I also dont think we should be able to share the same mods. I personally think sentinels should have their own set of mods like Kubrows. 

Mods that are already equipped on a Sentinel weapon shouldn't appear at all or at least be marked as unavailable in the mod selection for your own weapons and vice versa, even if the weapon that the mod is used for isn't equipped at the moment.

Absolutely!

I dusted my Prime Laser Rifle and, after having used it for a while, I noticed it's critical chance was pretty low. I went to modding and I noticed it was to 15% only. So I thought I had to put on Point Strike but -wait- it was on already. So I touched it to take it off and back but dang "This mod is already used on Soma Prime". I've put the other Point Strike I have and the Crit Chance rised up.

I mean, it is REALLY annoying.

a very simple solucion is a mark\icon in the mod when we are modding a frame weapon or a sentinel weapon

That would be surely an easy solution.

Otherwise would be enough to get a popup when trying to use an already used mod, whether on equipped or unequipped weapons/sentinels.

But probably the mark/icon is more direct.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

i made a feedback post about this but no one replied and then i see it in bug forums? its not a bug but it definitely needs to be tweaked to not show mods equiped in sentinel weapons for wf weapons and vice versa.

here is my thread https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/483081-tenno-weaponsentinel-weapon-mods/

Edited by EinheriarJudith

Because there is no icon on the mod saying its on the sentinel I just use the sweeper when I use a rifle equipped and Deth machine Rifle when I use a shotgun. Doing it this way is a lot less trouble.

I personally dont like the Idea of having a duplicate set if mods just for the sentinel but I also dont think we should be able to share the same mods. I personally think sentinels should have their own set of mods like Kubrows. 

same, i have resorted to this also. would be nice to have a little icon on mods in use to solve this issue. i only resorted to using the sweeper because of the annoyance of trying to mod sentinel rifle and warframe rifle. although since maxing it out and forma'ing it, my sweeper is pretty bad &#! now :D

i made a feedback post about this but no one replied and then i see it in bug forums? its not a bug but it definitely needs to be tweaked to not show mods equiped in sentinel weapons for wf weapons and vice versa.

here is my thread https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/483081-tenno-weaponsentinel-weapon-mods/

It is somehow a but too, because if you equip on your sentine's weapon a specific mod you used on a weapon you are not holding in the moment, the game allows you to do it. But then, equipping back that weapon the game just removes the mod from one of the two weapons without telling you anything.

They have both to tweak and fix it. 

• 2 weeks later...

This has been an issue for many months now. i did the same thing, i had maxed duplicates so i could use on my sentinel, and i always put one on the sentinel, the other on my frame. suddenly, the game acts as if BOTH mods are being used on my sentinel at the same time, so i have to use the auto resolve feature, which dosn't mess anything up it just swaps the mods again. we need it so you can highlight different maxed cards, one green tinted, one normal, so you know which one is on your sentinel. 

but then again, i never changed any of the mods but suddenly it said they were using the same mod, so something messed up badly months ago. 

This has been an issue for many months now. i did the same thing, i had maxed duplicates so i could use on my sentinel, and i always put one on the sentinel, the other on my frame. suddenly, the game acts as if BOTH mods are being used on my sentinel at the same time, so i have to use the auto resolve feature, which dosn't mess anything up it just swaps the mods again. we need it so you can highlight different maxed cards, one green tinted, one normal, so you know which one is on your sentinel. 

but then again, i never changed any of the mods but suddenly it said they were using the same mod, so something messed up badly months ago. 

Exactly.

Also I believe it shouldn't be that hard to fix. Adding a marker would be enough.

• 2 weeks later...