Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please, For The Love Of God, Dedicate A Bit Of Time To Fixing Dojo Decoration Placement

AdunSaveMe

While the change that added decoration placement to the escape menu was a very useful one, decoration placement itself, particularly with trees, is really dodgy and has been for a while.

You can't put any decoration on even slightly bumpy ground.

If decorations like trees have their edges within five feet of another object, you can't place them, you have to resize and rotate until you're left with a tree you can place, but at a third of the size.

That room with the sand and the circles and the small creek going through it? You can place a normal-sized tree in like 2 spots. The room with grass and a river going down the middle? Good luck with that. The four-bridged room with archways and floating lanterns? I've found a handful of spots a tree would go. None of them are particularly desirable.

I'm not demanding. I know you guys are busy. But damn, this could benefit greatly from a bit of tweaking.

i just wanna make my rooms pretty ;_;

I've played EverQuest 2 and Rift for a while and both of them allowed some pretty substantial clipping in the decorations. It was a lot easier to make things look nice with that, I wish DE would just give up on trying to prevent dojo decorations from touching each other. If anything, giving players the freedom *to* have them clipping like wild could lead to some particularly interesting things we haven't seen before.

On the topic, actually, I've found a very shoddy workaround regarding tree placement. Build a Koi Pond at max size, and then you can place a max size tree inside of it pretty comfortably in a lot of the larger rooms. Granted, the requirement of the pond is asinine but it's a temporary workaround I've used in my dojo several times. Hope that helps until/if they ever fix it.

(Edited to fix some spacing and wording)

Edited by Seppucrow

I love the concept of decorating my dojo, but actually doing the decorating is more than a pain. Which is sad because that's one of the things that makes warframe so unique. My dojo looks BA, but there is so much more i'd like to do to it. I just can't put myself through it anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

For me, I've noticed them floating above ground slightly.

slightly you say? im pretty proud of my dojo though

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/37493047045064455/DA0B2807677C6E0DDA909C4767BBDF4C0F9748D7/

i would like more options to decorate. I spent hours on my main guild hall. Now that im expanding i need to decorate the other rooms but i dont want it all to look the same.

Edited by frostgibbon

Sometimes for trees and various other decorations, you have to place something down below the tree like a banner or floor panel. Then, you put the tree on top and then go back and delete the banner/panel to get it to work. This usually worked for me if I couldn't get something in the spot I wanted.

But yeah, I agree. Adding the build menu to the escape key helped save time, but the whole building process still sucks and needs a lot more work. They have not done anything to improve the dojo or dojo building process in a very long time now though. My 80+ room dojo has decorations in every room and I have completely rebuilt my dojo 5 times now, so I know how annoying building and adding decorations can be. Creating huge decoration creations like these (view here) can also be very frustrating.

For me, I've noticed them floating above ground slightly.

It can be above or below, depending on where the object is and the snap point in space of the item that you are wanting to connect to that object.

The dojo is an excellent aspect to this game that no other game offers players on the ps4. we need a dojo update! Desperately. I've said it before, I play this game almost solely to build a massive dojo. I'd love to see an overhaul of the entire clan/dojo system. But obviously there are minor bugs to be fixed that are more important.

I still can't see most the control panels in my dojo. And since I use them to display directions, I worry that other members of my clan can't see them either.

Snapping decorations in place does put things slightly into the floor in my dojo. To prevent this, I've had to place a floor decoration first, then the decoration I want. Very discouraging...

I completely agree here. I spent a good deal of time rebuilding my clan's dojo from the ground up, and while the layout is now great, the decoration placement kind of blows my mind. I wanted to put in massive trees, and put the leaning maple trees over railings, but the placement system disallows all of that. Compounding my frustration is the fact that while I have to put a tree miles away from the nearest railing, I can stack trees on top of each other. This makes no sense to me.

Furthermore, I like being extremely precise with how I place structure decorations, such as transporters or trading posts, but with the current system, I can hardly arrange anything and be 100% sure it's lined up with the room structure unless I place it and double-check the positioning 50 times.

I love the Dojo, DE... Please show it some love so that we can get full use out of it!