Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

All This Hate On Tonkor Makes Me Think

ToastyCosty

i mean, loki switch teleport, vauban bounce pads, valkyr rip line, frost snowglobe and so on

lot of things can either troll you and suddenly, when tonkor comes out, everyone go full butthurt mode about the jump

i may agree on the removal of the damage on other players, but i really don't understand then why no one complains about the other troll abilities in warframe , can someone exlpain me?

player interaction is the base of a multiplayer game, if someone don't want it just play solo or with syndacates bots, or they just play multi for the revives?

kv1wb.jpg

anb4 hate comments

You're on the right track. People used to troll with all of those. They move on. It's not really a great game to troll in most of the time since most people never type and everything moves pretty quick. Tonkor trolling will pretty much stop too.

Of course someone will do it once as a joke or miss and their target will flip out about being "trolled", but that's the internet for you.

Because it's fresh out of the troll bakery. Also I guess it occurs a lot more since it's actually a weapon, which people would use constantly, compared to warframe abilities which are basically useless besides trolling.

Place a Snow Globe on key points or chokepoints where players are suppose to point and fire.

"I'm halping gaiz... i maek dem slowz"

An equivalent would be a Nyx mind controlling an Arctic Eximus.

Lik, Plz stahp.

Because it's fresh out of the troll bakery. Also I guess it occurs a lot more since it's actually a weapon, which people would use constantly, compared to warframe abilities which are basically useless besides trolling.

Lik, Plz stahp.

Mind controlling will make any radial AoE and abilities of the enemy to not work on your allies, including the energy drain, slow and such...

Edit: I used it quite frequently on those darned infested energy draining machines to avoid having my 412 energy depleted in 5 seconds...

Edited by HellEnforcer

We play multi cause in solo we have too few ennemis, just few xp and no xp share.

And in fact, this tonkor bump is annoying by the fact that warframe physics is a bullS#&$.

And I'm more annoyed by a a greedy mag how orient the whole lobby in her way to play than by a tonkor (putting all energy orb on top of a crate when your defending on a pod).

The one how should play solo is the one how turn the gameplay in a too specific way...

The worst part of this tonkor bump, is that you are "trolled" by people how don't really want to be annoying.

We play multi cause in solo we have too few ennemis, just few xp and no xp share.

if you play multi only for more exp and not because it's fun , i think you missed the whole point of "cooperative shooter"

The one how should play solo is the one how turn the gameplay in a too specific way...

that's the point! It's the way that warframes can shift the normal gameplay of a mission with a combination of skills/weapons that makes this game intresting and challenging for everyone!

Edited by ToastyCosty

i may agree on the removal of the damage on other players, but i really don't understand then why no one complains about the other troll abilities in warframe , can someone explain me?

DE does not listen and it's akin to beating a dead horse posting about those Warframes.

I just leave a team Immediately if people use any of those skills on me or to troll a mission, I do not even type, "stop" I just leave. Waste of my time and nothing but a hindrance and an annoyance.

If I want people to be messing with me I'll PVP. 

What? People hate the Lovely Tonkor of awsomeness?

How dare they...

Took the words right out of my mouth e.e

Forgot the e in awesomeness though. XD

Lik, Plz stahp.

whut? what's wrong with that? its not like the aura still affects you.

I suspect that the reason people complain about Tonkor in particular is that it's a weapon with 40 ammo reserve and you can (slowly) kill teammates with it.

Unlike an ability, you don't waste energy, you can rapid fire.

They made it so that certain abilities can no longer be used in extraction such as switch teleport. No such restrictions are in place for Tonkor.

Edited by Pythadragon

i mean, loki switch teleport, vauban bounce pads, valkyr rip line, frost snowglobe and so on

lot of things can either troll you and suddenly, when tonkor comes out, everyone go full butthurt mode about the jump

i may agree on the removal of the damage on other players, but i really don't understand then why no one complains about the other troll abilities in warframe , can someone exlpain me?

player interaction is the base of a multiplayer game, if someone don't want it just play solo or with syndacates bots, or they just play multi for the revives?

kv1wb.jpg

anb4 hate comments

you lost me at frost snowglobe O_o also you forgot nova's warphole and limbo

Its not just deliberate trolling, a mirage with a multi-shot tonkor is a very powerful combo, but even just a couple shots fired off at the enemy, no trolling intentions, can send the entire team bouncing into the ceiling.

Here's my problem with the tonkor....

Vauban's bounce pads are annoying, yes.

Think of it as DE saying "Okay everyone.. Here's a "bounce pad" that EVERY WARFRAME can use!!!!!!!" They gave everyone Vauban's bounce pads! I swear that bounce thing that the tonkor has is not worth the many Kilobytes I used to download 

Edited by DeathHeart64

Hate on tonkor? <_< >_> Nope. Dont see it. Though the only thing I wish tonkor needs is better reload. I mean does it really take that long to put two explosives in there? Ogris has same reload time with FIVE explosives.

Edited by -JHL-

I've had the "players rocket-jumping me" issue once. The player even apologized at the end of the mission (and it was probably my fault rather than theirs: I was standing almost right in front of him).

I'm honestly not mad at all.

Hate on tonkor? <_< >_> Nope. Dont see it. Though the only thing I wish tonkor needs is better reload. I mean does it really take that long to put two explosives in there? Ogris has same reload time with FIVE explosives.

Tonkor damage > Ogris damage

Think of the tonkor as a penta with WAY more damage, but with a price of almost all its QoL. That's the tonkor in a nutshell, and it needs the QoL loss to be balanced.

The thing is the Tonkor is a primary weapon. As such, if someone has one equipped and they plan on using it then they will most likely fire it at a regular rate. The use of skills is in some ways limited by energy  but I think most people just don't troll as much anymore. The Tonkor is complained about because it causes people to be frustrated even without someone trying to specifically troll other players.