Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bringing Back Messi

Bernkastal

Recently, there was a GD thread post from a player who had probably one of the saddest Kubrow stories I've ever heard. Through no fault of his own, he lost a particular Kubrow that had forma, potato, and plat invested in- the vast majority of the responses were sympathetic (majority, not entirety, because some people just have no heart for a man and his dog.)

The original thread was here, if you want to catch up:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/459516-de-you-killed-my-best-friend-twice/

Since DE's taking a bit longer to respond, I'd like to see if we can't kick off our own actions through means already in the game- To that end, I'd like to request donations of genetic imprints with the traits the 'original' OP outlined.

Verbatim-
"Around february, Messi was born. This imposing (but quite adorable) war beast was everything I ever hoped for. The pattern ( spotted), the size (about as tall as they get) and bulky. It was a miracle, pure and simple."

http://oi59.tinypic.com/63yh4g.jpg

Unfortunately, most of my imprints are tall, shaped Huras breed with lotus pattern and blue-white-gold color scheme. If you have any imprints you could spare a fellow Tenno that match the description/picture, leave a comment.

Here's to hoping we get the traction we need to make this happen.

Edit: Bolded the actual suggestion to reduce confusion about what I'm asking for.

Edited by Bernkastal

Already telling you now -- it's a sad story and all, but DE isn't going to restore his kubrow. They can't.

I was one of the 501 players to have their kubrow permanently die during the Howl of the Kubrow quest (when they first came out), and we were told it was a technical limitation that prevented them from restoring it. Got a compensation package instead.

They're not even going to get that. Just get another and move on.

They're not even going to get that. Just get another and move on.

That's the point of this thread, friendo. He's trying to see if anyone has imprints that look like Messi. I'm a bit upset because my first Kubrow is a near likeness, but i have no imprints left of her.

Does Messi's friend approves of this? Even if someone donated imprints, it wouldn't be Messi.

I've read the thread and I know that this guy has an emotional bonding with this dog. A Nobel and commendable initiative, but it is yet to be seen if this works out well.

I don't mean to come across as rude, but I mean, come on, it's just a virtual pet.

Virtual pet or not, it's something you pour assets into (iirc he said he potatoe'd it and gave it 6 forma.), and it was destroyed at a point where he could not start the game. It's not his fault, it's DE's for making kubrows a cash sink that dies if you don't comply with it.

Virtual pet or not, it's something you pour assets into (iirc he said he potatoe'd it and gave it 6 forma.), and it was destroyed at a point where he could not start the game. It's not his fault, it's DE's for making kubrows a cash sink that dies if you don't comply with it.

That's unfortunate - I'd rage pretty hard if that happened to me but at the end of the day, it's just a game.

Edited by Gammaion

you log on, see that your virtual kubrow died, snap fingers and say "dang",  and move on with life.

Well, he also put plat into it, a good amount it seems, and I'd be pretty upset if I lost that investment because my computer broke down on me.

Edit: Sorry, I'm waiting for the credit sink to go away, so I don't have any Kubrow imprints to offer. 

Edited by OptimumBow0