Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zephyr: An Already Underused Warframe. Few Issues That Make Her Even Worse.

Tyreuzs

That are the few issues that stick out if I take a proper look at Zephyr.

1. issue (Tornado):

Zephyrs ultimate ''Tornado'' is definitly unique by being able to modify the elemental damage which it is dealing with a 75% proc chance 4 times each second. In addition to that it provides a great crowd control by seeking out enemies in range and ragdolling the enemies around the torndado until the ability is over. Sadly this feature is at the same time also a disadvantage because it ragdolls the enemies randomly around the tornados which makes them nearly impossible to aim at.

My suggestion would be to make every enemy in the tornado be damaged by bullets that are shot into it. Every enemy should suffer the same amount of damage as the damagesource is applying to the tornado.

2. issue (Turbulence):

This point is from the Warframe Wiki:

• High level enemies with hitscan weapons are still accurate enough to hit Zephyr 100% of the time even with the accuracy debuff. Because of this, Turbulence is functionally worthless in high level Grineer missions.

In my opinion that is something that should'nt be a thing at all. Especially not on an already underused warframe.

incoming confirmed fix.

I can only speak to this point right now, but this is being fixed and hopefully will be released in a couple of weeks.

3. issue (appearance :3)
pretty much this :P

3. Too many uncolorable grey patches.

4) Not really an issue but a great idea imo

The divebomb ability seems just like a crappy downward tailwind without Divebomb vortex, which used to be part of the ability standard (or at least the ability to knock capture targets down without this augment.)  I'd prefer it if Tailwind just made a divebomb-like explosion when it made contact with a solid surface (wall, ceiling, floor) and worked in all directions, and make a replacement ability for 2.

thoughts?

Edited by Tyreuzs

2. issue (Turbulence):

• High level enemies with hitscan weapons are still accurate enough to hit Zephyr 100% of the time even with the accuracy debuff. Because of this, Turbulence is functionally worthless in high level Grineer missions.

I can only speak to this point right now, but this is being fixed and hopefully will be released in a couple of weeks.

3. Too many uncolorable grey patches.

A bit petty I'll admit, but yeah, it sorta bothers me how much of her can't be recolored from that default grey color. Anyway, +1 to these changes, especially that improvement to Tornado, that would be really great to have.

Does this fix apply to Nova's Antimatter Absorb as well? Apparently hitscan weapons like to ignore that ability as well.

This might've already been fixed and I'm just slow. Will need to test this again.

Edited by Paradoxbomb

wow nothing you said ever troubled me, and i mostly play her

the only problem i really have with zephyr since the beginning  is that her 2nd skill is really really useless, even using it's augment, it should be reworked into something else, give her something else in it's place, why use it and waste energy when you can dive using a simple melee attack?

but i'll wait

it took time for Excalibur's rework i can wait....

These are the two issues that stick out if I take a proper look at Zephyrs abilties.

1. issue (Tornado):

Zephyrs ultimate ''Tornado'' is definitly unique by being able to modify the elemental damage which it is dealing with a 75% proc chance 4 times each second. In addition to that it provides a great crowd control by seeking out enemies in range and ragdolling the enemies around the torndado until the ability is over. Sadly this feature is at the same time also a disadvantage because it ragdolls the enemies randomly around the tornados which makes them nearly impossible to aim at.

My suggestion would be to make every enemy in the tornado be damaged by bullets that are shot into it. Every enemy should suffer the same amount of damage as the damagesource is applying to the tornado.

2. issue (Turbulence):

In my opinion that is something that should'nt be a thing at all. Especially not on an already underused warframe.

3. issue (appearance :3)

pretty much this :P

thoughts?

Not bad.  Interesting ideas.

I was thinking that what if tornado sits within the area of where Zephyr stood instead of spawning at random?  Then it can be recastable where Zephyr would simply go to crowds and plant them there.  Of course the tornados would still move, but will stay in the area where they planted.  This would grant more control over the power and not be so random and chaotic.  The only problem would be surviving the crowds while she plants the tornados.  I guess that is where Turbulence would come in.  Maybe, if she casts them one at a time, enemies can get sucked into them rather than flung along the outside, and sort of become gravitated to the inside of the tornado (inside the spinning portions).  Just make the tornado look thicker and wider, with slightly less ragdoll, allowing for players to shoot at the enemies easier.

Just an idea.  Not sure if that would actually work though.

If this is true... and as someone who's favorite frame is Zephyr I can only say one thing...

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

By the way.. When talking about updates :P When can we expect the new syandana.. :(?

wow nothing you said ever troubled me, and i mostly play her

the only problem i really have with zephyr since the beginning  is that her 2nd skill is really really useless, even using it's augment, it should be reworked into something else, give her something else in it's place, why use it and waste energy when you can dive using a simple melee attack?

Oh trust me! Divebomb is an incredeble awesome ability! Since you have (should at least :3) a max range build for Turbulence you can get a great use out of divebomb by jumping (normal not tailwind) and instantly using Divebomb. It knocks down all enemies in range and provides a great cc. I am personally spamming divebomb incredibly often and can only emphasize how awesome this ability is!

These are the two issues that stick out if I take a proper look at Zephyrs abilties.

1. issue (Tornado):

Whilst it shouldn't and should exist by default, I imagine this will probably end up being an augment. Maybe even having a scattering effect whilst the tornado is in progress or once it comes to an end. 'Bullet Storm' comes to mind.

Edited by Naith

One of the things that bugs me most about her is that the tornados will fling around resources and mods to different places for each player making it almost impossible to mark.

The fact that clients do not get the resources and mods respawned if they fall on a pit makes this even worse.

Whilst it shouldn't and should exist by default, I imagine this will probably end up being an augment. Maybe even having a scattering effect whilst the tornado is in progress or once it comes to an end. 'Bullet Storm' comes to mind.

I actually bet that if it would be implemented it will be 100% an augment... Well.. better sacrifice a mod slot :/ because this is definitly needed utility.

Can you support that 'apparently' with a link to 'scientifically proven' then we'll talk :D.

Testing now. So far it seems to work fine on solo, still testing to see if there are issues with it as a client, although that just proves difficult in of itself for a number of reasons. It could be that this issue was resolved since I've last seen/heard about it, I'll admit I was under the impression that it might still be a thing given that Turbulence has had such an issue with hitscan weapons as well for a while.

If anyone else (whose better at testing/proving these things) wants to try and check AMD as well for confirmation, I would greatly appreciate it.

Sounds like you really like Zephyr xD

Well not that much but it just annoyed me how easy corpus was compared to grineer. I really like the idea of flying around in a birdframe. It wasn't untill after it's release that I discovered Zephyr had a great (potential) survival ability aka turbulence. On top of that Zephyr has a nice crowd control with tornado for panic situations.

It just really suits my playstyle: fast  for rushing some of the grindy stuff, good survivability (mostly corpus until now) and an "OH S***" button. In all honesty I can't complain. Though I do because the survivability against grineer just doesn't work (well enough) to be viable in high level missions. At around level 60 you really start to notice it along with all the bleed procs.

To chime in on OP's ideas:

1: Shooting the tornado to deal damage to enemies within it would be a very nice buff indeed. Right now I am only using Tornado as a form of CC for breaking up and ragdolling enemies without actually expecting them to be killed by it at all.

2: Yes, very much yes! Turbulence is now very wonky against Grineer units.

3: Again, all of my yes. Although the biggest visually bothering issue are the grey lines between the colourable patches, not so much the gray fins on her. Then again, an immortal skin or even more so that proto-skin by Liger Inzuka would be amazing to have!

More power to Birdframe ! :D

Edited by TychusMechanicus

The divebomb ability seems just like a crappy downward tailwind without Divebomb vortex, which used to be part of the ability standard (or at least the ability to knock capture targets down without this augment.)  I'd prefer it if Tailwind just made a divebomb-like explosion when it made contact with a solid surface (wall, ceiling, floor) and worked in all directions, and make a replacement ability for 2.

Zephyr's my favorite frame, aside from the grineer issue, I use it in almost every soloable mission.

Zephyr's my favorite frame, aside from the grineer issue, I use it in almost every soloable mission.

54037-Thats-brilliant-gif-cxnC.gif