Community Spotlight: Lost Sector

DE_Adam

For those unfamiliar with the 8-bit Warframe demake, Lost Sector has been an ongoing fan project that's made incredible progress over the past few months.  A work of art built by many hands, we sat down with the current team behind its development to find out just what drives them to make such a cool retro action platformer based on our iconic Frost.

Click here for the full interview, and be sure to let us (and the Lost Sector team) know what you think!

For more information on Lost Sector, and frequent updates on the team's progress, be sure to check out their official forum post here:  https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/259700-8-bit-warframe-update-11-coming-soontm/

-DE_Adam

this is strange, i see moas, ospreys, grineers, but when i start the downloaded file from their site the game launches directly into a corpus map with corpus footmen, is that intro scene against grineer a concept?

Edited by rockscl

this is strange, i see moas, ospreys, grineers, but when i start the downloaded file from their site the game launches directly into a corpus map with corpus footmen, is that intro scene against grineer a concept?

The game is still in early development. The "intro scene" was a one of the original pieces that inspired development of the game.  A lot of the stuff shown in the spotlight hasn't been implemented in the game yet, our programming "team" seems to always be busy. :P We hope to get a new build out soon!

A lot of the stuff shown in the spotlight hasn't been implemented in the game yet, our programming "team" seems to always be busy. :P We hope to get a new build out soon!

Staying true to the spirit of the source material, I see!

The game crashes a lot on my phone :(

The current Android version is more of a tech demo than anything - most of the engine has been completely rewritten now, and the game should use a hell of a lot less RAM, and therefore crash less :-)

When can I buy this on steam?

I hope to buy full version from Steam someday.

Or, even better, get it for free on Steam! (maybe - not sure if we're allowed yet - but whatever the case, it'll always be free forever :-) )

Hi, 

I tried to find a way to contact them but couldn't find any.

Is there an email or something ?

Just post in this thread, or message me :-)

Hek, I could even try to collab with some art, after my exams!

We'd love to have you on board! The more the merrier!

Hi, 

I tried to find a way to contact them but couldn't find any.

Is there an email or something ?

Posted a link to the original forum post above. Feel free to message us in the forums, we don't have an official email or anything yet! (Though I guess we should maybe do that...)