Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

List Of Stuff With And Without The Pbr Treatment (18.4.12)

DrBorris

Not much to say, this is just a list of what weapons have and have not been gone over by DE with the new fancy PBR stuff (Physics Based Rendering). Stuff in Bold has undergone the treatment while the unbolded is (hopefully) coming Soon™. Also, all of the items are as of U17.0, as everything that is released after that is definitely PBR.

As of U18.4

Every new weapon at this point should have PBR, so I will not be adding all of the new weapons into the list.

Primary Weapons

Spoiler

Amprex (DotD)

Attica

Boar

Boar Prime

Boltor (Forest)

Boltor Prime

Braton (MK1) (Vandal) (DotD) (Forest) (Shock) (Obsidian) (IAH)

Braton Prime

Burston

Burston Prime

Buzlok (DotD)

Cernos (Rakta)

Daikyu (Ormolu)

Dera (Vandal) (Shock)

Drakgoon (Rubedo)

Dread

Flux Rifle (Shock)

Glaxion (Festive) (Polar) (DotD)

Gorgon (Prisma) (Wraith) (DotD) (Desert)

Grakata (Prisma) (Desert)

Grinlok (DotD)

Harpak

Hek

Hind

Ignis

Karak (Wraith)

Kohm

Lanka (Shock)

Latron (Wraith) (Jade)

Latron Prime

Miter

Mutalist Quanta

Ogris

Opticor

Panthera

Paracyst (Zebra)

Paris (MK-1) (DotD) (Forest) (Abra)

Paris Prime

Penta (Shock)

Phage

Quanta (Vandal)

Simulor

Snipetron (Vandal)

Sobek (DotD) (Desert)

Soma (Huntsman) (DotD) (Forest)

Soma Prime

Strun (MK1) (Wraith)

Supra (Shock)

Sybaris

Synapse

Tetra (Shock)

Tiberon

Tigris (Phased)

Tonkor

Torid

Vectis (Forest) (Sharpshooter) (Silferer)

Vectis Prime

Vulkar (Desert)

Secondary Weapons

Spoiler

Acrid

AkJagara

Aksomati

Akstiletto

AkZani

Angstrum

Atomos

Ballistica (Rakta) (Forest)

Bolto (Ak) (Telos) (Ormolu)

Brakk

Bronco (Ak)

Bronco Prime (Ak)

Castanas (Sancti)

Cestra (Dual) (Secura) (Shock)

Despair

Detron (Mara) (Shock)

Dex Furis

Embolist

Furis (A) (MK-1) (Forest)

Gammacor (Synoid)

Hikou

Hikou Prime

Kohmak

Kraken (Desert)

Kulstar

Kunai (MK1)

Lato (Ak) (Vandal) (DotD) (Obsidian) (Rixty)

Lato Prime

Lex (Ak)

Lex Prime

Magnus (Ak) (Dakila) (Hivelight)

Marelok (Vaykor) (DotD)

Nukor (DotD)

Pyrana 

Seer

Sicarus

Sicarus Prime

Spectra (Shock)

Stug

Twin Grakatas

Twin Gremlins (DotD) (Desert)

Tysis

Vasto (Ak) (DotD) (Forest) (Phased)

Vasto Prime

Viper (Twin) (Wraith) (Desert) (Rubedo)

Melee Weapons

Spoiler

Ack & Brunt

Amphis

Anku

Ankyros (Phased)

Ankyros Prime

Atterax

Bo

Bo Prime

Boltace

Ceramic Dagger

Cronus

Dakra Prime

Dark Dagger

Dark Sword

Dex Dakra

Dual Cleavers (Prisma)

Dual Ichor

Dual Raza

Dual Zoren (Dagger) (DotD) (Combustion) (Kuberus)

Ether Daggers

Ether Reaper

Ether Sword (Dual)

Fang

Fang Prime

Fragor (Brokk)

Furax (MK1)

Galatine (Rubedo)

Glaive (DotD)

Glaive Prime

Gram

Halikar

Hate

Heat Dagger (Forest)

Heat Sword (Dual) (Forest)

Jat Kittag (DotD)

Jaw Sword

Kama (Dual) (Jade)

Karyst

Kestrel

Kogake

Kronen (DotD)

Lecta (Shock)

Machete (Wraith)

Magistar

Mire

MK1 Bo

Nami Skyla

Nami Solo           

Nikana (Dragon) (Gemini)

Obex (Shock)

Orthos (DotD) (Forest)

Orthos Prime

Pangolin Sword

Plasma Sword

Proto-Glaive

Prova (Vandal) (Shock)

Reaper Prime

Redeemer

Ripkas

Scindo (Dagger) (Manticore) (DotD) (Forest) (Combustion) (Kuberus)

Scindo Prime

Scoliac

Serro

Sheev

Silva & Aegis

Skana (Prisma) (Dual) (Obsidian)

Skana Prime

Spearmint Scythe

Tipedo (Ormolu)

Tonbo

Venka

Archwing

Spoiler

The Archwing update was the same update that PBR was released, thus every Archwing related item has undergone the fancy PBR treatment.

Sentinels

Spoiler

Carrier (Prime) (Para)

Dethcube (Forest) (Carabus)

Djinn

Helios (Simaris) (Obsidian)

Shade (Sprite)

Wyrm (Prime) (Obsidian)

Warframes

Spoiler

Ash (Prime?) (Immortal)

Banshee (Immortal)

Chroma

Ember (Prime) (Immortal)

Excalibur (Prime) (Prestige) (Renown) (Immortal) (Proto) (Prisma)

Equinox

Frost (Prime) (Immortal) (Festive)

Hydroid

Limbo

Loki (Prime) (Immortal)

Mag (Prime) (Immortal)

Mesa

Mirage (Winter)

Nekros (Immortal)

Nova (Prime) (Immortal)

Nyx (Prime) (Immortal) (Nemesis)

Oberon (Immortal)

Rhino (Prime) (Immortal) (Rubedo)

Saryn (Immortal)

Trinity (Immortal)

Valkyr (Immortal)

Vauban (Immortal) (Phased)

Volt? (Prime) (Immortal)

Zephyr

Syandanas

Spoiler

Asa (Phased)

Asita Rakta

Harkonar

Hecate (?Prisma?)

Iliac

Imperator (Festive)

Izvara

Kyroptera (Ormolu)

Misa Prime

Mortos Binds

Nelumbo

Noru Prime

Pyra (Prime)

Rakta

Sancti

Secura

Synoid

Telos

Udyat

Uru

Valkyr's Bonds

Vanquished Banner

Vaykor

Yamako (Prime) (Rubedo) (Prisma)

Yomo (Obsidian)

Armor

Spoiler

Daedalus (Prisma)

Dendra

Edo (Prime)

Eos (Prime)

Harkonar

Iliac

Naberus Shoulder

Tagris Prime

Sugatra

Spoiler

Caggro

Daman (Prime)

Kazeru Prime

Pazza

Pyra

Suraka

Tantu

Uru

Vala Prime

I am pretty sure I missed something, so if there are any weapons/skins that I missed please say so that I may be able to add them to the list. Anything I put in italics is something that I am not 100% sure on, either because I can’t access it (due to being some sort of exclusive) or because my eyes are not doing their job. So any help with that stuff would be awesome too.

And also know that pretty much every weapon made from now on will have a fancy PBR skin.

Smile, it is a good day.

Spoiler

(8/4/15)Added Equinox

(8/4/15)Skana Prime>PBR

(8/4/15)Tagris Prime>PBR

(8/4/15)Loki (Prime) (Immortal)>PBR

(8/31/15)Ash Prime>PBR? because... reasons.

(1/26/16) Braton Prime>PBR, Ignis>PBR, Tetra>PBR, Hikou Prime>PBR, Frost (Prime) (Immortal)>PBR, Mag (Prime) (Immortal)>PBR, Volt?>PBR, Misa Prime>PBR, Noru Prime>PBR

(2/17/16)Mutalist Quanta>PBR, Sybaris>PBR

Edited by DrBorris
  • Like 1

Skana Prime has gotten PBR treatment, it's been that way for a while. Not sure about Lato Prime.

EDIT: So has Targis Prime armor.

Added

Venka metallic claws has pbr treatment i believe.

I am really confused about Venka, I would just like another opinon or two to make sure.

The vulkar has PBR Textures, update the list. And great work :D

I actually don't think it does, just seems to have that really bad shiny texture that came with the implementation of PBR into Warframe (Like a lot of the Corpus weapons (Quanta) had/have).

• 3 weeks later...

I want to chime in here to say that Ash Prime's body is not PBR'd. His head and his armor are, but the base body model is not.

This is why it is so light when colored black. They made the diffuse texture way lighter and also lightened the specular texture in order to make it look like it is PBR'd, but it isn't.

I want to chime in here to say that Ash Prime's body is not PBR'd. His head and his armor are, but the base body model is not.

This is why it is so light when colored black. They made the diffuse texture way lighter and also lightened the specular texture in order to make it look like it is PBR'd, but it isn't.

I am pretty sure his whole body is PBR. It is PBR that causes the "greyness". It has to do with the texture that DE uses for that specific area. It also does not help that the texture on him is very... meh. DE would not be so lazy as to not PBR their new stuff.

I am pretty sure his whole body is PBR. It is PBR that causes the "greyness". It has to do with the texture that DE uses for that specific area. It also does not help that the texture on him is very... meh. DE would not be so lazy as to not PBR their new stuff.

Nope. They faked it.

dwr.png

His body is textured like any old item. His armor and helmet are textured like PBR items.

Here is a comparison between his Prime body and Immortal skin, which shows why it has the greyness issue:

dwh.gif

The diffuse map (which determines color) is way lighter than it should be for the old shader, and the specular (highlights) is stronger too.

I would expect that the generic material that the old shader provides was close enough to what they wanted, so they didn't see any reason to recreate it in PBR.

-snip-

That... makes no sense (for DE). Why you would half PBR a frame I do not know. However, due to them intentionally only doing half, I would assume that is all that they are planning on ever doing, so I am going to keep him categorized as PBR (but with a question mark).

• 4 months later...

Maybe-Necro-Bumping because it's the best list I could find of PBRd/non-PBR'd stuff.

I think Mag Prime got PBRd...? Or at least her gold is colorable now... Anyone knows...?

Also, I realized lately we don't really have any way to confirm for 100% sure if a Frame/Wep is PBRd or not... only DE can tell that. Maybe I should make a thread asking DE to make a sticky informing us of everything that's PBR'd and isn't? What do you guys think?

Maybe-Necro-Bumping because it's the best list I could find of PBRd/non-PBR'd stuff.

I think Mag Prime got PBRd...? Or at least her gold is colorable now... Anyone knows...?

Also, I realized lately we don't really have any way to confirm for 100% sure if a Frame/Wep is PBRd or not... only DE can tell that. Maybe I should make a thread asking DE to make a sticky informing us of everything that's PBR'd and isn't? What do you guys think?

She is.

Also, we do have a way to tell: The way the textures reflect the light (see, Latron VS Sybaris). The only single item that can cause confusion are the Vasto/AkVasto. They've got old shaders but DE made a good level of quality on those :)

• 3 weeks later...

Sybaris seems PBR'd to me (Metallic Finish anyways)

I'm slowly grinding away for Concalce Skin ... then I can compare as Conclave Skin should be PBR

Edit: I know you stated newer items should be PBR'd but it seems like Shaku does not have such treatment applied. (Not sure if it is different because of China-frame import or not)

Edited by (PS4)MrNishi

Sybaris seems PBR'd to me (Metallic Finish anyways)

I'm slowly grinding away for Concalce Skin ... then I can compare as Conclave Skin should be PBR

Edit: I know you stated newer items should be PBR'd but it seems like Shaku does not have such treatment applied. (Not sure if it is different because of China-frame import or not)

Everything released past year is PBR'd. Everything that was released ever since 15.something is using from scratch the new shaders, so Shakus should be no exception.

Everything released past year is PBR'd. Everything that was released ever since 15.something is using from scratch the new shaders, so Shakus should be no exception.

I thought perhaps some things slipped through like Frost Festive Skin, Kavasa Collar, and some DoTd Weapon skins.

Thanks for the clarification.

Edited by (PS4)MrNishi

I thought perhaps some things slipped through like Frost Festive Skin, Kavasa Collar, and some DoTd Weapon skins.

Thanks for the clarification.

There is indeed some stuff that is not PBR'd: Mainly Wraith weapons (confirmed by Steve) and Ash Prime and Trinity Prime's "base" textures (as in, the ones shared by the non-Prime models). Those do not have the new shaders on.

I'd say Frost's skin is since Frost got his PBR treatment (I don't think I saw a difference in materials, and it's quite noticeable). Can't speak for the newest DotD stuff since I don't own any, but Kavasa Prime is PBR'd. It's just that the shaders/materials look "worse" than newer Prime stuff by comparision like Frost, Mag or Braton. Just like how Latron Prime, Burston Prime and Scindo Prime look so different in their gold yet they all use the new PBR shaders.