Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Echo, The Time Looper (Name Change Needed)

DFall3n1

This will definitely be a WIP page that will eventually include illustrations and occasional updates. However this is all in part of the response and critiques that I can benefit in improving the concept. 

Any-who, a warframe with the benefits of manipulating time isn't anything original nowadays but regardless, it is still worth delving into in hopes to find a perfect frame. My commission is set to find balance in power, originality and style in hopes that Echo can be a beneficiary frame especially towards late game content.  I wanted a frame that not only is a benefit to the team as a support in terms of crowd control but also can handle himself in solo missions through his abilities. I certainly don't want another "God-frame" and hopefully that's not what Echo will be.   

Theme: Time Manipulation

Role: Support/Crowd Control Mage

Story: Pending

Power List:

Passive: Pending for ideas

Echo

When toggled, an after-image mimics Echo's actions 1 second previous (excluding abilities) to deal a small percentage of damage to enemies.

Description:
Affected by Strength and Power Efficiency mods

Similar to Mirage's Hall of Mirrors, the after-image is "glued" to Echo and mimics every action Echo performed 1 second earlier. However, this isn't a copy-paste ability of Hall of Mirrors. First, the after-image doesn't distract enemies from the original frame. Second, the ability is a toggled ability that is unaffected by duration modes.

Flashpoint

Echo leaves behind a stagnated image of himself. When in range, Echo can recast Flashpoint to warp into the image's position (destroying it), and restores health and shields from the point the ability was originally cast. The activation will also create a electric burst that stuns nearby enemies. Echo can create multiple images as long as they're in adequate range from each other.

Description:
Affected by Range and Strength mods

The casting image is permanent until recasting Flashpoint within the image's range. You can have an infinite about of images in the game mode as long as they are outside of each others range. Range mods can be a double edge sword. On one hand, less range can allow Echo to produce more Flashpoint images in a small vicinity but activating the second effect can be difficult due to low range. Greater range can allow Echo to strategically warp around the map (especially getting out of tight spots) but limits the quantity of images in a single space due to it's great range. 

Strength mods affect the stun duration. Not sure if this should do damage. Please comment for suggestions.

Time Dilation

A Sentry orb pulses periodically to gradually slow down enemies (25% per pulse at max rank) until eventually halting their movements. Ally Tenno are granted a flat 20% boost (max rank) in attack/movement speed that is maintained as long as they are in range of the orb (Effects and pulse occur in four seconds)

Additionally, decreasing the duration by the use of corrupted mods can increase the effectiveness of Time Dilation. (-10% duration = 100% slow for four seconds. Bonus effects are still a flat 20%) 

Description:
Affected by Range and Duration mods.

The duration aspect can be beneficial to survival and defense missions. In Defense, longer duration but less effectiveness is a great crowd control ability due to its progressing nature (25% gradual slow every four seconds). In addition, the 20% flat bonus is greatly beneficial to teams aiming for later stages of Defense. In Survival missions, it's almost optimal to use the depleted duration build due to "on click" activation and power. It's a great way to get out of tight spots while also giving you a boost of speed to progress through the map.

Chronicle

A hovering orb records a large area for a few seconds (Can be toggled off). When recasting Chronicle, projections of Tenno that were in range will imitate all actions (movement, abilities and weapons) during the timeframe of the recording. Projections deal 30% (at max rank) of the original damage at 1.5x speed. 

Description:
Affected by Strength, Duration, and Range mods.

His ultimate is almost entirely exclusive to team match-ups like boss fights and Defense missions. Longer duration means longer time for the orb to record and activation time, both of which can be toggled off. You cannot replay the same recording twice. When activating the ability after the playback (including toggling it off), the ability will go back to "record mode" to record a new session. All abilities will be recorded, so it is beneficial when you have these Warframe abilities as an example:

Nova's Molecular Prime
Trinity's Energy Vampire and Blessing
Ember's World on Fire
Nekros' Descecrate

I am pondering whether abilities like Frost's Snow Globe should or should not last beyond Chronicle's activation. Also I am afflicted whether beneficiary effects like Rhino's roar should be "stacked."  Please commit for thoughts.

Disclaimer
These concepts are not borrowed or based off of other concepts from fans on this forum. I must profess that I have not read any other pages dealing with "time-frames" so if there are ideas similar to mine, I am unaware of it. If you are a fan of this concept, I welcome you to promote this page by being active on this thread by commenting and critiquing. Please do not promote or solicit other content from fans on this page and please do not take concepts on this page as your own or promote this thread to other pages or sites without my consist. Thanks.

More content for Echo coming VERY VERY SOON.

Edited by DFall3n1

They might not have played any game with those abilities and honestly believes them to be original. I'm sure the abilities of my 3 frames are probably in a different game too. Besides, a lot of the abilities on Warframe can be traced to another game. Atlas' golems can be traced to a game on Google Play but no one but you seems to care.

It is a good concept, who cares about the abilities being similar to another game.

Pretty good time-frame u got here! and its totally different from other 60% of the other concept that just make their abilities someting like :stop, reverse, accelerate, and something that do one or more of those ones but with a bigger range. Overall I like it! +1!

Appreciated, Mate. Those abilities you mentioned are really good and powerful, but I felt like there were no limitations to their mechanics and would make a time warframe OP. I also wanted to remind myself that "time" doesn't necessarily mean "the flow of time," but like this frame, and more likely other warframe ideas that were unfortunately lost in the archives, "time" can also mean the "recording" of time and other features.

I quite agree. As a LoL player it is similar to Ekko's ult but only slightly. I compared him to a blending of Ekko and another time champion Zilean, bit only a little.

But a well written concept.

Thanks, mate. Though I don't know who Zilean is, haha. XD

Care to enlighten me?

Appreciated, Mate. Those abilities you mentioned are really good and powerful, but I felt like there were no limitations to their mechanics and would make a time warframe OP. I also wanted to remind myself that "time" doesn't necessarily mean "the flow of time," but like this frame, and more likely other warframe ideas that were unfortunately lost in the archives, "time" can also mean the "recording" of time and other features.

Thanks, mate. Though I don't know who Zilean is, haha. XD

Care to enlighten me?

Zilean is a champion that altered time yo boost his allies. With time bombs, rewind, a movement speed buff, and an ability that revived an ally when they went down.

Hey Tenno. A handful of posts were removed from the thread for derailing the discussion and being generally unpleasant towards the OP and one another.

There's nothing wrong with making comparisons and finding similarities in ones work. But realize that blatantly calling someone out on what may be a diligently thought-out concept is not cool. Be more mindful of the ways in which you provide feedback. We're all here to share kickass ideas and provide criticism where appropriate.

Thanks! ヽ(^◇^*)/

This will definitely be a WIP page that will eventually include illustrations and occasional updates. However this is all in part of the response and critiques that I can benefit in improving the concept. 

Any-who, a warframe with the benefits of manipulating time isn't anything original nowadays but regardless, it is still worth delving into in hopes to find a perfect frame. My commission is set to find balance in power, originality and style in hopes that Echo can be a beneficiary frame especially towards late game content.  I wanted a frame that not only is a benefit to the team as a support in terms of crowd control but also can handle himself in solo missions through his abilities. I certainly don't want another "God-frame" and hopefully that's not what Echo will be.   

Theme: Time Manipulation

Role: Support/Crowd Control Mage

Story: Pending

Power List:

Passive: Pending for ideas

Echo

When toggled, an after-image mimics Echo's actions 1 second previous (excluding abilities) to deal a small percentage of damage to enemies.

Description:

Affected by Strength and Power Efficiency mods

Similar to Mirage's Hall of Mirrors, the after-image is "glued" to Echo and mimics every action Echo performed 1 second earlier. However, this isn't a copy-paste ability of Hall of Mirrors. First, the after-image doesn't distract enemies from the original frame. Second, the ability is a toggled ability that is unaffected by duration modes.

Flashpoint

Echo leaves behind a stagnated image of himself. When in range, Echo can recast Flashpoint to warp into the image's position (destroying it), and restores health and shields from the point the ability was originally cast. The activation will also create a electric burst that stuns nearby enemies. Echo can create multiple images as long as they're in adequate range from each other.

Description:

Affected by Range and Strength mods

The casting image is permanent until recasting Flashpoint within the image's range. You can have an infinite about of images in the game mode as long as they are outside of each others range. Range mods can be a double edge sword. On one hand, less range can allow Echo to produce more Flashpoint images in a small vicinity but activating the second effect can be difficult due to low range. Greater range can allow Echo to strategically warp around the map (especially getting out of tight spots) but limits the quantity of images in a single space due to it's great range. 

Strength mods affect the stun duration. Not sure if this should do damage. Please comment for suggestions.

Time Dilation

A Sentry orb pulses periodically to gradually slow down enemies (25% per pulse at max rank) until eventually halting their movements. Ally Tenno are granted a flat 20% boost (max rank) in attack/movement speed that is maintained as long as they are in range of the orb (Effects and pulse occur in four seconds)

Additionally, decreasing the duration by the use of corrupted mods can increase the effectiveness of Time Dilation. (-10% duration = 100% slow for four seconds. Bonus effects are still a flat 20%) 

Description:

Affected by Range and Duration mods.

The duration aspect can be beneficial to survival and defense missions. In Defense, longer duration but less effectiveness is a great crowd control ability due to its progressing nature (25% gradual slow every four seconds). In addition, the 20% flat bonus is greatly beneficial to teams aiming for later stages of Defense. In Survival missions, it's almost optimal to use the depleted duration build due to "on click" activation and power. It's a great way to get out of tight spots while also giving you a boost of speed to progress through the map.

Chronicle

A hovering orb records a large area for a few seconds (Can be toggled off). When recasting Chronicle, projections of Tenno that were in range will imitate all actions (movement, abilities and weapons) during the timeframe of the recording. Projections deal 30% (at max rank) of the original damage at 1.5x speed. 

Description:

Affected by Strength, Duration, and Range mods.

His ultimate is almost entirely exclusive to team match-ups like boss fights and Defense missions. Longer duration means longer time for the orb to record and activation time, both of which can be toggled off. You cannot replay the same recording twice. When activating the ability after the playback (including toggling it off), the ability will go back to "record mode" to record a new session. All abilities will be recorded, so it is beneficial when you have these Warframe abilities as an example:

Nova's Molecular Prime

Trinity's Energy Vampire and Blessing

Ember's World on Fire

Nekros' Descecrate

I am pondering whether abilities like Frost's Snow Globe should or should not last beyond Chronicle's activation. Also I am afflicted whether beneficiary effects like Rhino's roar should be "stacked."  Please commit for thoughts.

Disclaimer

These concepts are of my ideas only and are not borrowed or based off of other concepts from fans on this forum. I must profess that I have not read any other pages dealing with "time-frames" so if there are ideas similar to mine, I am unaware of it. If you are a fan of this concept, I welcome you to promote this page by being active on this thread by commenting and critiquing. Please do not promote or solicit other content from fans on this page and please do not take my concepts as your own or promote this thread to other pages or sites without my consist. Thanks.

More content for Echo coming VERY VERY SOON.

interesting warframe. I think the name should be changed to prevent copyright like ekko the champ in league of legends or luden's echo. ^^

This sounds like an amazing concept for a frame, getting used to the abilities and how to properly utilize some of them would seem tricky and quite a bit of getting used to but not impossible to master. I have not really liked the thought of a time manipulation frame in the basic sense of what people would normally come up with but this was a completely new out look on the idea. Keep up the nice work man. :D

I have seen a lot of games TRY to do time manipulation. FEW of them do it even reasonably well.

This is a well thought out concept. I have NO idea how hard it would be to implement. I know that Mirage HOM drives the programmers absolutely bonkers. This is different, but in some ways it might be even more resource intensive. Chronicle specifically.

But on the whole? I like it.

Edited by Kalenath

Please change the name...Echo won't do you any good and you should know why xD

Otherwise good ideas....or not....Not sure...you seem heavily inspired by this other "echo" character from another game...and I'm not sure whether I like that or not lol

the whole time control thing seems to be a bit overpowered and a warframe with such capacity could have impacted the course of story countless time or could do it if it was to be released so I don't see it happening...Time travel has to be taken with caution.

Edited by Domaik

Nice.

If the name Echo can't be used, Chronos could be another fitting name.

^ I actually really like that idea. I had a major spat on this page from a user who consistently claims I leech off of league (due to "Ekko" and "Flashpoint"). Though similar in mechanics, Ekko wasn't my source of inspiration but I can draw the similarities. So some tweaks can be in order. 

That 4... that's going to be resource intensive...

why not go with Phase, if you know DnD a Displacer Beast type power.   Gives enemies a 15% miss chance base up to 30% at rank 3.  Explain it like you are alternating between 2 versions of yourself one slightly ahead of the other.   effects all allies in a certain range.  Visual effect would be blur on allies in side the AoE.  Mod idea: both versions fire weapons, like getting to ships in Galaga lol

I'd also change Flashpoint... infinite recasts plus having to track all the different ranges... good idea but I don't know about in game design.  Instead how about Recursive:  Same clone feature but not limited by range, but by duration.  If recast in the duration time it ports you back to the casting location creating a time flux (small bubble) that "ages" nearby enemies decrease armor/shields and "deages" allies restoring shields removing procs.  Mod idea: being downed while Recursive is active auto-revives you but drains half your remaining energy (like the one for Soul Punch, but since it's only on you less energy drain)

Please change the name...Echo won't do you any good and you should know why xD

Otherwise good ideas....or not....Not sure...you seem heavily inspired by this other "echo" character from another game...and I'm not sure whether I like that or not lol

the whole time control thing seems to be a bit overpowered and a warframe with such capacity could have impacted the course of story countless time or could do it if it was to be released so I don't see it happening...Time travel has to be taken with caution.

Well, when I made him up I tried to refrain from the whole "time travel" aspect and focus on sort of a "recorder." Like, he doesn't manipulate the "flow or time" but records it, playback it, and even "stop it." Think of it as editing a video. His Flashpoint ability, in video terms, takes a "frame" or himself at the point of time that he can access too. Like putting a "pause" on himself. But I see your point. I look into it XD

That 4... that's going to be resource intensive...

why not go with Phase, if you know DnD a Displacer Beast type power.   Gives enemies a 15% miss chance base up to 30% at rank 3.  Explain it like you are alternating between 2 versions of yourself one slightly ahead of the other.   effects all allies in a certain range.  Visual effect would be blur on allies in side the AoE.  Mod idea: both versions fire weapons, like getting to ships in Galaga lol

I'd also change Flashpoint... infinite recasts plus having to track all the different ranges... good idea but I don't know about in game design.  Instead how about Recursive:  Same clone feature but not limited by range, but by duration.  If recast in the duration time it ports you back to the casting location creating a time flux (small bubble) that "ages" nearby enemies decrease armor/shields and "deages" allies restoring shields removing procs.  Mod idea: being downed while Recursive is active auto-revives you but drains half your remaining energy (like the one for Soul Punch, but since it's only on you less energy drain)

I can definitely see your point in nerfing Flashpoint a bit. I was beginning to worry if it may be too overpowered. I resisted changing it at first because it was sort like his only means of survival for solo missions. I really like the "deaged" change. I may actually utilize it. (I'll give you credit)

Well, when I made him up I tried to refrain from the whole "time travel" aspect and focus on sort of a "recorder." Like, he doesn't manipulate the "flow or time" but records it, playback it, and even "stop it." Think of it as editing a video. His Flashpoint ability, in video terms, takes a "frame" or himself at the point of time that he can access too. Like putting a "pause" on himself. But I see your point. I look into it XD

I can definitely see your point in nerfing Flashpoint a bit. I was beginning to worry if it may be too overpowered. I resisted changing it at first because it was sort like his only means of survival for solo missions. I really like the "deaged" change. I may actually utilize it. (I'll give you credit)

I think if there were a limit of one and there was no stun while it's up(if I'm understanding right) it would be fine

Passive could possibly be that allies near him get a 2% decrease to cooldown length.

Just an idea.

But I do like this concept. Tbh it reminds me of a blend of Ekko and Zilean from a different game.

Cooldown on what? Abilities in Warframe don't have cooldowns -.-

@OP For the first ability, I've seen a different timeframe thread that had the suggestion of making a "wall" in which all things shot through would freeze until the wall was released, and then it all goes at once. In the end it accomplishes about the same thing as you suggested here but in a much more predictable and controllable manner. Personally I'd prefer that over this. You CANNOT predict in this game where enemies will be in a few seconds to an extent that your suggestion would really be viable ever, unfortunately. That's how I see things.

Second ability sounds interesting. I'm not sure how I feel about being able to leave more than one... I can kind of see it causing issues. I'd more like to be able to set one down with infinite range for X seconds (affected by duration mods) that would disappear after it's time is up. If you warp back to it you get half the energy spent on it back. This would be great for people like me who tend to explore or go off in separate directions searching for rare crates and sab caches, so that I could lay it down, run off, and warp back quickly and repeat as needed- allowing me to get around MUCH quicker than normal. I will say this though. Placing more than one down based on the range of them would be difficult even for someone paying attention in the chaos of late game combat. I'm 100% for rewarding skillful gameplay- but it just seems too hard to keep track of it. Distances can be hard to gauge- especially if you're taking vertical spaces into account.

Ability 3 sounds like a time bomb. I want to see it and I want to have the visuals "warp" light around it in a manner that is the perfect opposite of a water drop. :D

Ability 4. I'm not a fan of this one for 2 reasons. Firstly, the same issues as your first ability. It's impossible to predict your allies movements unless you know each other well or communicate over voice chat, and even if you can- some abilities and weapons would be near useless to copy, and others would be incredibly overpowered. Secondly, as someone above me said this could end up being INCREDIBLY resource intensive. Especially if people spam their skills like Ember, Volt, etc.

All in all- you got a couple of interesting ideas I've never seen before for a timeframe that I could see happening. Put them together with some others I've heard of and maybe DE really can make us a timeframe that doesn't flop super hard.

It seems that the general concensus is that flashpoint is a bit overpowered which I am in full agreement. I've been thinking over some alternatives to how the power is utilized so how about this?

"Flashpoint"

Echo phases out of time becoming untargetable and can phase through enemies. He leaves behind a frame of him self every few seconds that explodes every four seconds. Using flashpoint again will warp echo to the position his lastest frame is located dealing an area damage.

Need feedback on this for changes for approval