Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rng Vs. Tokens (Vote!)

MyXmaN

I am reluctant to put a 3rd currency into the game but I understand the spirit of the demand. I guess bluntly, people unwilling to pay want to have a reasonably predictable way to grind toward an item goal.

Ha, even people who pay don't have a predictable way to grind toward an item, you just have them paying to skip the initial lottery to enter the second. If you're not going to sell the items outright, it's almost criminal to sell raffle tickets to items in a game and not expect anyone to notice.

Edited by shinydunsparce

I am reluctant to put a 3rd currency into the game but I understand the spirit of the demand. I guess bluntly, people unwilling to pay want to have a reasonably predictable way to grind toward an item goal.

I don't think this is quite on the mark, Steve. ...If you're talking about people who, for example, won't shell out for a glaive solely because they don't intend to drop cash on this game, you're not considering the other side.

I'd love to invest some more cash to support DE and Warframe, and probably will if I can grab the funds, but I will never buy content with platinum. (The exception to this being Forma for the sake of my buddies and our dojo, probably...) Doing so in my mind is the equivalent of paying to circumvent the active/enjoyable part of the game. I don't want to sit on a pile of loot that I paid for with real cash, I want to amass an in-game fortune that I paid for in blood, sweat and tears.

Of course, you may have been specifically addressing people with that mindset... so uh, just forget what I just said.

PS: I'm fine with your RNG. It has treated me roughly at times, but I finally got a multi-shot pistol mod and I'm a happy camper. It would be nice if you guys explained how it worked, so that I could know when I'm getting lucky and when I'm being RNG-screwed though.

Could be the whole RNG system is designed to be unrewarding, causing one to give up and just buy the plat to get what they want T_T. Either that or I am just a jaded cynic. [Yes I have spent money on the game]

Edited by Sobezilla

A combination approach seems best (although I'd take 2 over 1 any day).  The easiest thing to do would be to allow item and material transformations.  Maybe even allow materials to be used to create blueprints.  For example, if a player's got 2,000 extra alloy plate but wants a Rhino helmet, let him convert it. 

That would also massively help out the forma problem.  People could just grind up all their other resources to get some. 

Token.

EDIT: I've been thinking more about this, and I'm thinking merge might be the best way to go here. Lets take World of Warcraft as an example. In there you get RNG loot drops through dungeons, raids, and so on, but you also can obtain special points (called Valor points in the game) that you can use to purchase gear as well. While you can't get the absolute best items with these points, the stuff you can get is pretty great and a good alternative to "pulling the lever on the slot machine" and doing the same level/boss over and over. Essentially this gives you a system that has RNG and tokens both, and while you're mostly still doing RNG content, you gain points (tokens) throughout this process that you can spend to purchase items as well.

With that being said, I'd like to add a vote for Merge.

Edited by DarthCariss

A token system not only would be more fair in the long run, but it would help ease the ever increasing issue of "too many things, not enough ways to get them." What I mean by this is the issue where the new clan research materials are overtaking the original boss drops. If more is continually added, it will become harder and harder to actually get what you need.

#3. Games like PSO2 do this, even with their massively more broken RNG then Warframe can ever be, and it really is a darn good system for those less lucky, as it gives those who want guaranteed progression over random chance progression something to hunt and look forward to.

Though honestly I feel the RNG in this game isn't that bad... sure RNG will always be an evil though which is why I vote for #3

Merge

I would to propose exchange system for voids

Remove forma bps and formas from void loot and allow players exchange their void drops(+ certain amount of credits) for formas or formas bp depending on rarity ( handle=bp, blade=forma etc) it will still give a chance for lucky loot for casual players like DE said they wanted in latest stream without leaving unlucky ones without any real reward. Then you can use these formas as a tokens.

I would leave boss bps as they are. And lower chance for uncommon mods past wave 15 to maybe 5 or less %. 

Defenses and bosses arent so limited in entry as void.

Edited by Davoodoo

I disagree with all of the methods mentioned above. Instead I'd like to propose a compromise.

Instead of trading in items for tokens that work towards a definite goal, allow players to trade in items (quantity required based on rarity) for keys. This applies exclusively to the void of course, since I believe that the issue at the moment is having to pay/farm ridiculously long for keys and not getting back anything for it.

Example: Bob gets 15 Latron Prime BPs, Bob trades in those BPs for 3 Tier I keys which in turn can be converted into ONE Tier II key.

This keeps the whole RNG method intact but at the same time allows players not to become discouraged at repeatedly getting the same item.

Will this reduce key sales? It may or may not, but I personally cannot forsee it having a huge impact on sales since it may increase void-interest if anything.

Edit: Why 15 for 3? A four person party would get 1 BP EACH. So to compensate 3 keys would equal a maximum of 12 LP BPs. Therefore there cannot be an increase in number of keys.

Edited by WinterRED