Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Don't Understand The Hate Draco Gets.

(XBOX)TheMadCash

How come ppl dislike Draco? Its a very popular node that players can go to lvl up their gear. I dunno about everyone else. But I don't wanna run void missions with unranked gear. I like going to Draco & maxing my gear before I do anything else. I don't think ppl know how long it takes to lvl up your gear while casually playing the game. 1 reason I understand why ppl might not like it is because of the focus hogs killing most of the enemies for focus. Since there are ppl that do their focus farming on Draco (I don't know why.) But if your there ranking up your weapon & warframe. You can honestly have your weapon/frame maxed out in one game of Draco (3 rounds to max a weapon, 4 or 5 to max a frame.) As far as focus farming goes. Stealth Ext melee kills have so much better output. You honestly don't need to put a lens on your primary, secondary, melee & frame. Just your melee & frame & your ready to go. Melee gives off 2x stealth affinity than a ranged weapon. I don't think Draco should go away. Draco is always occupied. [DE]Steve tweeted a Lil teaser of the new Starchart & part of me is hoping is that Draco node is hopefully still up there & DE don't decide to take it away. Draco is everything! Lol

What are your thoughts on Draco? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

. [DE]Steve tweeted a Lil teaser of the new Starchart 

can you give me a link to that please?

Also as far as I know, there will only be alerts (meaning time limited missions) in the new starchart, so a high level interception like draco should appear at a regular basis, but it wont be the same tileset and faction all the time (which I think is better).

can you give me a link to that please?

Also as far as I know, there will only be alerts (meaning time limited missions) in the new starchart, so a high level interception like draco should appear at a regular basis, but it wont be the same tileset and faction all the time (which I think is better).

https://twitter.com/sj_sinclair/status/697831340620832768

Nothing is set in stone yet, and not much has been revealed other than bits and pieces on the devstreams or via twitter.

I don't hate Draco.

I hate that Draco is a necessity.

The affinity system and missions are designed in such a way that if we want to level things up at a reasonable pace we have very limited choices in which missions with well.

Combine that with the fact that Warframe has a matchmaker that forces us to play where other people are already playing if we want to get into a squad, and you get a situation where the community focuses on the most efficient nodes.

It's a game design issue and I hate it.

It gets hate because all the noobs rush there to boost everything and never actually learn to play the game or the frame.

I prefer to solo a t4int with unranked items, its basically the same thing if not better xp plus you can get r5 cores out of it.

Its all about that silver platter and spoon.

I only want it to be removed because A) People constantly ask me to take them to draco B)will be funny to watch region chat to see how mant threaten to quit and C) So these kids have to actually work for something.

Not to mention if they removed it booster sales would sky rocket.

I hate that Draco is a necessity.

But it's not.

I'm MR20 with 120+ Forma in my gear.

If it was needed I'd have to be using it, but I don't.

I gain my affinity through other types of gameplay, and the majority of the time I don't actually farm affinity.  I just play the game normally, accomplishing other goals which ranks up my gear.  Defense to get parts?  Survival to get resources?  Alerts to get items?  Events to get rewards?  You get affinity doing these things, let it level up your weapons.  There's things you can do to increase the affinity you get while running normal missions too like killing with the weapon or unequipping a sentinel/weapon for a more favorable shared split or whatever.

And no, I'm not running around with almost-perma PA boosters on either.

Combine that with the fact that Warframe has a matchmaker that forces us to play where other people are already playing if we want to get into a squad

How is this a Warframe-specific issue?  There's a recruiting chat channel, and you can always group up manually.  Like, if I fire up another game I play and I want to go find people to run something nobody wants to run, it'll be hard to get a group because nobody wants to run it.  There are things people run more or less in every online game, regardless of matchmaking type.

Mabinogi?  Alban > Coill

Phantasy Star Online?  TTF > Black Paper

The issue is people who would rather run Draco than learn how to rank up gear normally, people who value raw power over understanding systems and gaining skills.

Phantasy Star Online? TTF > Black Paper

The issue is people who would rather run Draco than learn how to rank up gear normally, people who value raw power over understanding systems and gaining skills.

You still had to run TTF millions(not literally) of times to get to 180 normally and that was considered cheesy and noobish back then.

You should see the recruiting chat on xbox... Its nothing but draco...

At least PC has more variance...

Only thing that needs a draco is archwing... After my third forma on my oda I wanted to actually go outside.

Because people here said that draco allow new player bypass game mechanic, prevent getting skill and knowledge about this game.

I can understand that reason. But I can't understand the hate. What about veteran players? I don't see any argument against them regarding Draco, and they also play a big part of warframe. Can't vet run Draco to forma their 5th, 6th forma on Ignis?

TBH, I feel like we are blaming draco for the lack of skill/knowledge in newer player, while the true problem is the poorly explanation of game mechanic in game, AKA "new player experience".

-SNIP-

I dont think its so much because of the focus farmers but rather that said node is used to level up things in a relatively short time and in some cases even without using the weapon at all. Some people for this reason seems to find Draco distasteful and look down on it for that.

I myself dont have any problem with Draco. Its peoples own choice to go there and rank stuff up. The only thing that annoys me about Draco is to see newbies or players who bring a entire unranked loadout to Draco and cannot contribute anything to the fight.

Edited by Ory_Hara

It's not about the node itself, it's about the kind of players it creates.
The kind of players who expect to do every single mission by standing in one spot spamming one ability and won't ever do anything other than mercury without ev/frost/nova.
I was also doing a t4 survival the other day with a pug group. There was an MR17 player who kept activating life supports as soon as they spawned, even though we were at 90-100%. When asked, it turned out that "he didn't know how survival works because all he plays is interception"

The kind of players who expect to do every single mission by standing in one spot spamming one ability and won't ever do anything other than mercury without ev/frost/nova.

I was also doing a t4 survival the other day with a pug group. There was an MR17 player who kept activating life supports as soon as they spawned, even though we were at 90-100%. When asked, it turned out that "he didn't know how survival works because all he plays is interception"

I'm glad my recruits arent that bad and all one does is play draco all day.

It has to do with new players.

Vet players are rarely ever there thats why.

If they do dracos a lot they probably arent vet players.

Actually, I see more vet players than new players, at least in my alliance and pub game.

Well, vet players are usually swimming in forma, and they tend to do crazy stuff like forma underused weapon just to see its potential. Many people I know do this.

This problem already exists before interception was born. Blame it on "new player experience".

Actually, I see more vet players than new players, at least in my alliance and pub game.

Well, vet players are usually swimming in forma, and they tend to do crazy stuff like forma underused weapon just to see its potential. Many people I know do this.

99% of the time thats focus farming.

Draco sadly is one of the best for focus farming because its quick and you can afk it with ash and max out in a few runs.

None of mine do draco though, we find it more fun to fight over score in a surv.

Edited by (XB1)Blut Fatal