Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revenant's theme?

New_Zion

Question

6 answers to this question

It is not weird for frames to have two themes, one for their appearance and other for their powers, while for revenant the appearance is clearly Eidolon, I think the vampiric theme for his powers diluted a bit from his first introduction in a devstream, except for his 4, he has mind control, sucks the life force of others and turns into mist, which are common abilties for vampires.

Well, he was apparently a regular Warframe before he got corrupted by an Eidolon. So maybe his original powerset was vampire-like powers, but now with an eidolon slant?

It's kind of similar to how post-corpus-surgery modern Valkyr still shares the same abilities as Valkyr Prime.

In a lot of ways, in-game lore is still dictated and controlled by in-game mechanic limitations. Probably not best to obsess over minutiae.

I know I don't have it yet so I probably shouldn't comment too much about it, but I don't think the two theme idea works for Revenant. On their own Sentient and Vampire would make GREAT Warframe themes, but this mix-mash of ideas looks lackluster to me. I know it'll be different when consoles actually get to playtest him ourselves but what I've seen doesn't look good to me.

My 2 cents at least.