Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revenant's Thralls only kill-able by the caster

LAWD

So should Revenant be the only one be able to kill His Thralls?

It has more benefits than disadvantages imo. Right now enthralling a eximus stops the energy drain nd buffs yu, until your ally kills it or the duration runs out.

I believe he would perform much better if he were the only one able to kill the thralls since they are technically allies, friendly-fire should be on for them.

Ever heard about the main problem of Nyx mind control?

Theres a reason why many hate it and that is the fact that it can slow down an otherwise fast mission to snail tempo.

Currently the best change would be improving on the after effect of the Thralls. For example lets empower the vampire and the ediolon theme:

IF a thrall is killed by an ally it leaves back a red fountain what if touched by the revenant grants 50 overheal to anybody within 10 meters, IF its killed by revenant it leaves a vomalyst bloom continously draining health from enemies for 10 seconds, when the duration end its spawns an allied sentient based on the amount of health drained.

12 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Theres a reason why many hate it and that is the fact that it can slow down an otherwise fast mission to snail tempo.

Well, that doesn't really matter, because when in a defense, for example, the waves finish even when he still has thralls up. I may be wrong on that, but I'm pretty sure that's true.

2 hours ago, SquinkyJunior said:

Well, that doesn't really matter, because when in a defense, for example, the waves finish even when he still has thralls up. I may be wrong on that, but I'm pretty sure that's true.

Not from what i seen soo far, having a thrall still counts as an enemy but im gonna test that.

2 hours ago, SquinkyJunior said:

This is true. The Enemy internally is handled like any other ally/specter and will not halt the pace of a mission or stall mission completion. They WILL however take up spawn slots like Nekros' Shadows of the Dead, but considering just how many spawn slots are in a mission with other players this could be a non-issue.

Enthrall is more beneficial in Solo than with Teams but at the same time the bonus of gaining Overshields falls off as enemy scaling gets higher and it just becomes Selective Removal and aggro draw as enemies seem to prioritize targeting Thralls over the Revenant even if Revenant is the closest target. It's still effective at what it does and my personal issue with Revenant is the Reave skill. Outside of enhanced healing on Thralls which the base heal value is already plenty high enough considering the hordes of enemies that rush you later doesnt have very much synergy to its overall kit and currently clashes with Mesmer Armor which negates damage and CCs enemies.

17 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Theres a reason why many hate it and that is the fact that it can slow down an otherwise fast mission to snail tempo

17 hours ago, SquinkyJunior said:

this is true actually, Thralls are just like Nekros' shadows and dont interrupt the pace at all

How 'bout this?

When killed, a Thrall turns into / produces a spectral form (you know, like Vomvalysts)
for the remaining duration, impervious to anything except Void damage.

The kill would also immediately make the enemy drop loot / count as dead for Exterminate / etc.