Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentient Oro should replenish revives.

SunsetRain

Conculysts and Battlysts are some hard hitting mfs. Maybe not to a vetted player with some tricked out gear, but If a bust of oro is what revives a player, or sharing ones oro with another tenno to revive them is cannon, collecting enough oro should replenish revives. Maybe not one or two, but maybe 4 or 10 oro to a revive. If it can heal the operator to full health it should be able to be stored as well. And maybe have a consequence to having too much oro? It doesn't have to be bad, but maybe something to entice players to want to fight sentients more often? This came to me as I was redoing the umbra quest I realized that oro regenerates player health. I figured this would be handy in the future whenever the sentient fortress is brought into the game.

I'm not looking to be told I'm right or wrong btw, Im just looking for ideas and more of "wouldnt it be cool if" replies

Edit: After reading the comments I also believe that maybe revive would be a waste being that operators could revive while invis, But I was thinking more for the solo player. Either way it seems it wouldn't be as effective as a bonus as it could be. One comment mentioned possibly a buff of some kind and I thought maybe a small health regen buff although oro completely replenishes health and shields + energy it could slowly add a healing effect for pets (not sure if oro effects them as i dont use them for battle) and sentials. And if you happen to lose some health fighting something other than a sentient the buff would help. Yes some warframes already have this but still.

Edited by SunsetRain

Eh, even as a 'wouldn't it be cool'... no. No I don't think it would be cool.

You come from the same era of the game as me, where Revives used to be 4 per frame per day, and more had to be bought for Plat. You know how easy that made the game, where every single mission you started could be run with 4 revives, meaning that you never had a situation from that point forward where a single death from the moment you entered meant failing the mission.

And the Revive system is specifically designed to limit us. We get 4-6 only because we're supposed to work with each other to go further, reviving each other is an essential part of basic teamwork in Warframe.

We don't need extra Revives in a mission when we have even one other player there, it isn't necessary. Even less so with the Operators, who can revive players while invisible and invulnerable, completely removing all risk from that process.

And I feel that giving players a way to avoid the teamwork aspects of this game cheapens it across the board.

1 hour ago, Thaylien said:

Eh, even as a 'wouldn't it be cool'... no. No I don't think it would be cool.

You come from the same era of the game as me, where Revives used to be 4 per frame per day, and more had to be bought for Plat. You know how easy that made the game, where every single mission you started could be run with 4 revives, meaning that you never had a situation from that point forward where a single death from the moment you entered meant failing the mission.

And the Revive system is specifically designed to limit us. We get 4-6 only because we're supposed to work with each other to go further, reviving each other is an essential part of basic teamwork in Warframe.

We don't need extra Revives in a mission when we have even one other player there, it isn't necessary. Even less so with the Operators, who can revive players while invisible and invulnerable, completely removing all risk from that process.

And I feel that giving players a way to avoid the teamwork aspects of this game cheapens it across the board.

This.

I liked the old days when you knew you had 4 for that frame for the day and that going in over your head and unprepared would have consequences. Running off on your own like an ignorant child was a bad thing because allies weren't necessarily going to risk jumping into the fray to save you or risk losing their own life just because you decided to bolt into a room full of bombards half a map away from your team.

5 hours ago, Tora.Prime said:

If you need that much revives that mean you are not well prepared to fight against sentients.
The game is already extremely easy for everyone, don't put it worst

Its not like that, I just feel that oro should have some more use to it... I mean its a key factor to many things in warframe. Its just kinda in the background.

4 hours ago, Navarchus said:

I would like consuming Oro to have some additional cool buff to it, I'm all for that. But revives is probably not the right  one.

Yeah I want kinda the same, It just would make sense being that the oro is the life force and all

Holy S#&$, what if oro added a health regen buff

Edited by SunsetRain

On 2018-09-13 at 9:39 PM, SunsetRain said:

Conculysts and Battlysts are some hard hitting mfs. Maybe not to a vetted player with some tricked out gear...

At the end of Second Dream you get a major tool for dealing with them. At the end of War Within you unlock a mechanic that makes them much easier to deal with. They're supposed to be a massive challenge when you first find them - bring every element combo you can across different weapons. The normal combos (slash+viral, corrosive or radiation, etc) aren't that useful. Go balanced IPS and a different (or two different) elements on each gun. 

I think they're designed to push you to build some weapons like this and really learn the element mod system.

It's useless though, as all the sentients you need after this are completely immune to status and are only about crit.

4 hours ago, SunsetRain said:

Its not like that, I just feel that oro should have some more use to it... I mean its a key factor to many things in warframe. Its just kinda in the background.

But you have to consider that there's a balance to run here.

In the Plains at night? Yeah, there's plenty of enemies around, and it's a 50 minute cycle that players want to exploit to get the most amount of farming in before they have to wait an hour and more for it to roll around again.

Outside of the Plains? The other 99% of the game? There's six missions in total that have Sentient enemies, and at that, they only come around in packs of 2-3 and for the runs that most people do, literally only once per mission, within the first 5 minutes.

How do you really balance that out? Are there two types of Oro? Two 'grades' of it? Separate rules for the Plains and Lua? I mean... what would really be the point of it?

Usually when you've killed an actual Sentient Fighter, if you haven't used your Operator and Frame in combination correctly, then you may well be low on health or energy, so it makes sense that it can give you a boost. A vomvalyst, however? I can jump out of my frame and, since I prefer the Schwaak prism, have two shots of that and kill anywhere between one and five of the buggers with just those two shots. They're tissue paper if you're actually paying attention, and cost you nothing you won't get back again in under three seconds.

Besides, on the plains... they're kind of just Eidolon-lets, they're not actually full Sentients anymore, much like the Eidolon itself. They come out, wander around, shout a bit, and that's sort of just it. The only thing their 'oro' is for on the Plains is so that if you kill them by accident, you can walk near a Lure to charge it, if you still have their buff.

Two exceptionally niche situations where Oro is picked up. And no real need to actually change the functions that happen when you do. They're just sort of neat.

On 2018-09-14 at 6:22 PM, Thaylien said:

But you have to consider that there's a balance to run here.

In the Plains at night? Yeah, there's plenty of enemies around, and it's a 50 minute cycle that players want to exploit to get the most amount of farming in before they have to wait an hour and more for it to roll around again.

Outside of the Plains? The other 99% of the game? There's six missions in total that have Sentient enemies, and at that, they only come around in packs of 2-3 and for the runs that most people do, literally only once per mission, within the first 5 minutes.

How do you really balance that out? Are there two types of Oro? Two 'grades' of it? Separate rules for the Plains and Lua? I mean... what would really be the point of it?

Usually when you've killed an actual Sentient Fighter, if you haven't used your Operator and Frame in combination correctly, then you may well be low on health or energy, so it makes sense that it can give you a boost. A vomvalyst, however? I can jump out of my frame and, since I prefer the Schwaak prism, have two shots of that and kill anywhere between one and five of the buggers with just those two shots. They're tissue paper if you're actually paying attention, and cost you nothing you won't get back again in under three seconds.

Besides, on the plains... they're kind of just Eidolon-lets, they're not actually full Sentients anymore, much like the Eidolon itself. They come out, wander around, shout a bit, and that's sort of just it. The only thing their 'oro' is for on the Plains is so that if you kill them by accident, you can walk near a Lure to charge it, if you still have their buff.

Two exceptionally niche situations where Oro is picked up. And no real need to actually change the functions that happen when you do. They're just sort of neat.

I was thinking more for when they add in the sentient fortress

29 minutes ago, SunsetRain said:

I was thinking more for when they add in the sentient fortress

So...

DE potentially introduces a specific, sentient related area for the game, and your first thought is literally 'I'm going to die there so often, I'm going to need additional revives/health regen/personal sustain compared to the massive amount that's already in the game'?

Okay, I know that your real thought is 'oro is important, why doesn't it do more', but this discussion does seem to be moving towards the former quite a bit with what 'more' you want it to do.

I mean, yeah, there's a certain amount of logic there, but at the same time... I'm a little disappointed in you. We have genuinely got the sustain to solo through hours of content, and in a team we can easily hit levels where the enemy maths breaks after level 1700... We're also going to have Umbral frames beyond just Excal, meaning that our abilities will all feature a certain amount of anti-Tau measures.

There just... well, let me put it this way; considering everything that our Frames, Operators and Gear can do, there just isn't a gameplay reason for Oro to do more than it does.

As much as, from a lore perspective, you're right, from a practicality perspective, it would just be completely unnecessary and potentially overpowered in the situations you're going to be in.