Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revenant's Enthrall is Useless without Ally Friendly fire protection.

-Maki-

Just as the title says, Nyx has the ability to keep an ally under her control and has the ability to manually disable control over said enemy, but adds the damage tick later, Enthrall seems useless compared to it due to the fact that anyone I meet doesn't have the courtesy of not shooting the Enthralled units, and disables me from using Enthrall overall because people are just going to kill my controlled units, and not paying attention that there is a bright icon over an enemies head indicating its enthralled. 

To fix this, would be two ways;

A. The Enthralled targets must have invulnerability from allies such as other players from damaging them, like Nyx's first ability, which offers complete protection from allies, but once the timer runs out, or, the control must be manually deactivated, the damage applied from previous of when the enemy was still under player control, applies, this would also mean you are forced to only Enthrall one enemy instead of just spamming 1 till your ring finger falls off for balancing reasons, that way its more rewarding to see that it spreads like an infection, such as Saryn's spores.

B. nothing new is changed, except that Enthralled units gain some damage resistance, (Be it only for players, or for both players and enemies in general.) and that will be all, just so people prevent killing the Enthralled targets easier.

These are the two suggestions I thought of that could make Revenant's Enthralled ability more viable and less... unnecessary because its forced player habit to kill and maim everything in sight that isn't invulnerable.

Plus if other people wanna throw in other ideas on how to make the Enthralled ability useful, don't be afraid to post it in here, as it helps promote the idea of buffing/reworking Enthrall.

Edited by -Maki-

they should just make it like nekros' shadow, ie fallen enemies get up and fight for you, and are excluded from the mob count so it doesnt influence spawns. they could just make it where you enthrall an enemy then kill it, it rises back up and fights for you. it fits the theme of an eidolon since thats what they do every night, rise again after being shattered, and it works alot better teamplay and functionality wise.

Edited by Linisti

I agree teammates tend to kill thralled units for no reason or they accidentally did it. (lots of AoE dmg).
If so what will happen to danse macabre synergy? you can't just ignore the sweet armor overshields it gives.

Edited by pabiring
lol sorry i meant was overshields not armor fkk

Just now, FIDOISHERE said:

What level of content? Cause I usually just snipe some harder to kill enemies and it spreads just fine. If I target a weaker enemy I expect it to explode and just become a damage pillar 😮

ESO, survival/defense endurance runs.

Like when they're level 10-30 enemies or like 40-60+

Cause early on its just a nuking tool with added benefits if it's allowed to go off. After that it works fine. However the damage on the pillars.. could use some love in scaling.

I get what your saying though either way you look at it. The CC of it goes boom way to fast and the damage pillar left behind isent Good great or amazing it's okay.

They really need to make your primary thrall immune to damage from your teammates and yourself. Or at least do what nyx's ability does just with 1 target that way when the timer goes it dies i believe others have stated this in other topics I just think having 1 thrall out there getting that is more than necessary. Cause this way your pillars still spawn but you have 1 enemy always getting other thralls and you still get whatever synergy you get with 3 and 4. 

Though in saying this there should be a reason to use it more than just once. And if that's the case of it energy needs to be adjusted. 

They could just do what some have said before make a recast timer reset the ability or whatever OR recast on the new thralls to make them explode... Ooo I actually like that one DE can we do dis plsthxkybye.

3 minutes ago, FIDOISHERE said:

~snip~

*Like when they're level 10-30 enemies or like 40-60+

Lv10-30? kavat/kubrow/sentinels alone can laugh at them. was thinking lv100+. I don't really mind his 1 other than they can aggro mobs.

*Cause early on its just a nuking tool with added benefits if it's allowed to go off. After that it works fine. However the damage on the pillars.. could use some love in scaling.

yep indeed it nukes everything under lv50.

*I get what your saying though either way you look at it. The CC of it goes boom way to fast and the damage pillar left behind isent Good great or amazing it's okay.
        ah yes the impact dmg produced by pillars, tho i missed that part when i was doing survival in mot, does it really have that? lol

*They really need to make your primary thrall immune to damage from your teammates and yourself. Or at least do what nyx's ability does just with 1 target that way when the timer goes it dies.
         as i stated before, how do you synergize danse to it now?

*I believe others have stated this in other topics I just think having 1 thrall out there getting that is more than necessary. Cause this way your pillars still spawn but you have 1 enemy always getting other thralls and you still get whatever synergy you get with 3 and 4. 

the more thralls the more meatshields we will have, thralls are excellent at aggro that is why now we have a maximum of 7 thralls instead of 4. having 7 thralls atm has                   better results with danse, kill them with it they drop 7x50 shields for your team.

*I just think having 1 thrall out there getting that is more than necessary.
Though in saying this there should be a reason to use it more than just once. And if that's the case of it energy needs to be adjusted.
They could just do what some have said before make a recast timer reset the ability or whatever OR recast on the new thralls to make them explode... Ooo I actually like that one DE can we do dis plsthxkybye.

What?, k bye

The pillar just sits there.. and enemies walk through it going "wow what nice light show omfg" at least in higher ups lol. Lower levels are screaming. And gotcha.

Though yes, 7/7 is still better for shield drops. In saying that having 1 thrall keep going after the others have died or become unthralled from a separate timer is just as good because that means thralls are still popping up which means more shield drops and more enemies being thralled on timer release. That 7/7 shield drop turns to 6/7 but if 1 keeps going that means 6+/7..

Synergy is there just 1 less enemy with a chance at more. Even during danse.

As for the last bit I was trying to think if the recast timer option wasn't good enough you could recast on an enemy to make them explode and leave behind a pillar. Either that or too kill your main thrall or do a large sum of damage after its taken a beating.

I'm also on a phone and my grammar is horrible roast me on it if you want lol.

17 minutes ago, FIDOISHERE said:

~snip~

Ohhh.. sorry i didn't mean to be rude about the last part, it's just the "kbye" phrase, it's kind of mean in someway, anyway back to the main issue.

Independent timer of enthralls hmm yeah sounds good actually.

recasting 1 to an enthralled unit destroys it, while maintaining the enthrall ability intact, hmm sounds good for an augment.

Although i have an augment idea in mind for Enthrall,
               Revenant will be able to command thralls by holding 1, reticle aim commands thralls to engage at an enemy or gather in the reticle point.

Enthrall needs ally damage thoufh because of its intended purpose...

To cc while target is living and to deal damage when they die.

Problem is, the intended use is just crappy. Aside from solo play enthrall is just pointless. The damage from a target dying is so low that even a build that sacrifices survivability to deal as much damage as possible, with enthrall only, consistently gets barely any kills. And the cc isn't very helpful either...

But yeah, enthrall isn't really a minion move despite making minions. They are a sort of maguffin for the roving cc and aoe damage a thrall creates. Both of which suck. 

I think the problem is in how it spreads. Seems kind of silly for it to be single target wait for them to shoot each other and THEN hit 4; this has never happened, I tend to cast once when I need to recast mesmer skin and then go back to spinning......

They're probably better off making this an AoE cast or giving a chance to spread on enemies that take damage from pillars.

He feels much better than he did originally, but he plays the exact same for the most part except you CAN dash now

Edited by Synpai

They need to entirely rethink the frame, and do what others have said in many posts. Either choose to turn him into a vampire, or an eidolon, not both.
Right now we got both, and it's just not working.

On defence, I'll not pick him over a frost, gara, khora...

Interception, same issue, I'll not pick him over other frames

If I want to have fun while controlling mass ennemies ?
I'll take Nyx, even if it's no longer the greatest frame, I'm having fun watching the whole map firing at each other while I'm killing them.

Rev is bad at doing anything.

I think their vision for enthrall is not as originally claimed, "to command an army," but now to "create temporary damage mines and self-healing if the mobs don't die too fast to AOE spam." Despite rework, Revenant has very little team utility in comparison to -all- the recent frames released going back to Octavia. Oh well, every frame can't be one of their love child crutch frames. Swipe to next :)

To be constructive, how to fix? Instant significant AOE explosions when thralls die, something like Nova's drop combined with infested volatile runners that run to the nearest enemy and explode with guaranteed blast or other procs. Now THAT would be fun. Reave could just affect any mobs and have its power boosted. That would go a long way towards making Revenant good, fun and valuable in teams. The "pillar" mechanic needs scrapped outright.

Edited by Buttaface

All enthrall has to to is place the damaging pillars and make them enthrall enemies they hit instead of enthralling enemies directly. Danse macabre can then create whatever useless overshiled pickup or when killing that enemy instead of taking the AoE away.

Like this you can:

- damage bosses and other un-enthrallable enemies

- create actually well-placed area denial zones

- Use dance macabre without actually taking damage away

Thread on why DE missed the point with the revenant changes will soon follow, I find this still to be of importance: