Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orthos question

BRT_LovesSushi

Question

I don’t have an Orthos Prime yet, but I have a decently modded Orthos that I use as one of my main melee weapons. But I’m thinking of building the mutilated staff - already bought the Bo and secondary needed to make the staff needed to make the mutilated version (I forget the name) - From what I can tell - slower, but a lot harder hitting, worth building? I don’t see a lot of players useing one vs the Orthos my guess is because extra hits are better than harder ones. The journey is worth it for the MR, but I’m looking for a new staff for my Oberon to wield and the mutilated one seems to be the best option for now? Currently MR 7 still working my way through the star chart.

4 answers to this question

Kunai yes! Yeah planned on leveling the Bo, Kunai, and the staff they make needed to make the mutilated one... so after that, Zaw is the way to go then?

Thanks for advice! I already did a similar build to get the ripjaws and was disappointed. I don’t mind putting in the work, but if I’m going to be leveling gear just make something else - I’d be nice if it was worth it. 

The mutilated one is called Lesion. It has a passive: If you you proc slash damage (which is pretty common) you gain extra attack speed.

It has also a huge range and is by far a bad weapon. You just use it differently. Orthos is a crit weapon (you need crit chance and crit damage mods) and the Lesion is a status weapon (you built it for proc'ing slash, corrsosive etc).

That is the reason you don't see this used pretty often. Below Lv 100, enemies just die from crits of many weapons

18 minutes ago, BRT_LovesSushi said:

so after that, Zaw is the way to go then?

Zaws are usually the strongest weapons in their cetagory except whips, because there are no whip Zaws.

The overall 10 "best" melee weapons regarding its strength are Atterax on Number 1, followed by 9 Zaws. 

Just built it the way you like and bump them up using Exodias

Edited by GnarlsDarkley