The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vaykor Hel and Scattered Justice

(XBOX)Chrono C13

1 minute ago, (XB1)Chrono C13 said:

Lemme get this straight... The Steel Meridian mod Scattered Justice, can't be used with the Steel Meridian shotgun Vaykor Hek?

How does that make any sense? I seriously feel cheated...

Welcome to how I felt about it three years ago or so.

Yes. Probably a matter of how OP it would end up being. Vaykor Hek is still one of the best shotguns in the game, so it's not like you're wasting anything.

11 minutes ago, Dhrekr said:

Welcome to how I felt about it three years ago or so.

Yes. Probably a matter of how OP it would end up being. Vaykor Hek is still one of the best shotguns in the game, so it's not like you're wasting anything.

OP is the goal in Warframe, just look at Riven builds.

My point is this is absolutely absurd and seriously needs to be addressed for all mods/weapons across all "variants" of thoes weapons.

It's like saying you can't put a scope on your rifle because it came painted black from the store. 

8 minutes ago, (XB1)Chrono C13 said:

seriously needs to be addressed for all mods/weapons across all "variants" of thoes weapons

But this is the only instance in the entire game where this "problem" occurs.

9 minutes ago, (XB1)Chrono C13 said:

this is absolutely absurd

Disagree. As was mentioned, you're not supposed to be able to double up on the Syndicate effect
(or its charge rate) and thus this limitation makes plenty of sense to me. *shrug*

Now, whether it was sensible to make a Vaykor Hek in the first place, that's an entirely different matter 😛

13 minutes ago, (XB1)Chrono C13 said:

OP is the goal in Warframe, just look at Riven builds.

FWIW, Vaykor Hek was introduced quite a while before Rivens, powercreep has creep'd po-po-po-powerfully since then.

2 hours ago, (XB1)Chrono C13 said:

Lemme get this straight... The Steel Meridian mod Scattered Justice, can't be used with the Steel Meridian shotgun Vaykor Hek?

How does that make any sense? I seriously feel cheated..

Hek is the common, budget model. Work with Steel Meridian and they can show you how to mod your Hek to be better. Get to their top rank and they'll give you a custom built Vaykor Hek, one of the top shotguns in the entire game.

The Hek is MR4, Hek+SJ is roughly equivalent to MR 8-10, Vaykor Hek is MR12.

In terms of progress everyone who gets a Vaykor Hek already has Scattered Justice - if that mod could be applied it would always be applied. They'd have to nerf the Vaykor Hek to match and you'd effectively lose a mod slot.

Vaykor Hek+SJ would be the highest effective MR in the game.

I think many of you are missing the point. Who cares about the faction "justice effect". 

It doesn't make any sense reguardless of how you explain how it DOES work. How it DOES work isn't (IMO) how it SHOULD work.

As for the argument of "well then everyone would put scattered justice in it" that's the point. It should work that way, because otherwise it's just a Hek with a few extra rounds and hardly worth a top their slot and all of the work it takes to get there.

8 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

I mean, it's also simply a stronger weapon compared to regular Hek (with SJ). Dem Crit stats, yo.

For a shotgun with so few rounds, it pales in comparison to a real weapon like Tigris, and that's the issue. It's more work to get, and not as good. Much of this game is effort+time=reward, and in this case the reward is nonsensical garbage.

I'd rather the standard model WITH the mod than this trash.

Edited by (XB1)Chrono C13

11 hours ago, (XB1)Chrono C13 said:

As for the argument of "well then everyone would put scattered justice in it" that's the point. It should work that way, because otherwise it's just a Hek with a few extra rounds and hardly worth a top their slot and all of the work it takes to get there

It shouldn't, as DE have repeatedly said that they don't want mods that always get used (yes, they're not doing very well at that). 

The Vaykor has much higher crit, which means Primed Ravage can push its burst damage above the Hek and DPS way higher.

It healing you a couple of times every game is a nice bonus too.

MR is just an indication of relative rank, it can totally be bypassed. I'm not sure how with the Vaykor Hek though, as it's not in any plat bundles. 

11 hours ago, (XB1)Chrono C13 said:

And don't bring up MR when you can bypass MR with buying weapons with plat.

On 2018-09-18 at 2:32 AM, (XB1)Chrono C13 said:

And don't bring up MR when you can bypass MR with buying weapons with plat.

On 2018-09-18 at 2:32 PM, (XB1)KayAitch said:

MR is just an indication of relative rank, it can totally be bypassed.

No it can't, you need to be the required MR to buy or trade for it.

Read the next sentence @ShiraHagane, I totally say that.

Anything bundled or Prime Access ignores rank - you can own the MR12 Tenora at MR1 if you buy the Octavia bundle.

To my knowledge the Vaykor Hek has never been in any bundles, but Warframe's been out a long time and has had a lot of limited time offers across multiple platforms, so I could be wrong.