Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I will pay $1000 for a proper first-person mode

auxy

20 hours ago, Ada_Wong_SG said:

VR would make a very different game for warframe going for full potential.

Though this means players no longer need mods like Fury or Berserker since physical input would determine the speed.
This means player with more martial arts weapon training is going to out-perform most player, 
at the same time getting 1000 kills by swinging a sword for 20-30 minute can be a tiring task

Firearms accuracy being affected by physical strength since prolonged aiming of gun even with just the controller 
can attribute to physical fatigue. and firing "standing unsupported" can become a pain after you have been actively
shooting enemies for past 20 minutes.

players might go for kneeling supported or even prone.

Melee weapon and Bow has the most user-related mastery, since unlike guns which is basically standing stance and grip.
Melee and bow would require actual user input in terms of stroke position and speed of cut, 
as well as dexterity.

Fancy motion control input would mean master archer and novice player would not be bound by Mastery Rank or even mod ranks, 
but actually years of practice.

Working out AND playing warframe at the same time? sounds very nice to me 😄

3 hours ago, lennieplop60 said:

Working out AND playing warframe at the same time? sounds very nice to me 😄

Partially convenient to work out too, just that the thing is with actual swords the mastery ceiling is higher in real life than 
games would kind of cap them off with level limits.

It might be fine for maybe a teenager who is still schooling to find the sword moves cool in the game.
But to older adults who already have exposure to martial arts and actually learned swordsmanship.
the depth which stance or even most hack and slash combo allow is kind of "shallow"

Don't forget it takes 3 days to train with the musket/crossbow, 3 years with the bow and arrows, 10 years with the sword.

Guns is straight forward aiming and shooting which can be easily replicated in the game.
but things like sword usage is hard to replicate in the game the full killing potential.

Here are some of the "fundamentals" some tutorials can take hours alone and actual practice might take days to years.

Spin to win :devil:

Edited by Ada_Wong_SG

To be honest I'm surprised people are still posting in this thread. Pleased, though! (*'▽')

Yeah, I was a little intoxicated when I made the thread and didn't really expect anyone to reply.

I was serious, though. I never troll. Or shxtpost. Not even ironically. ('ω')

Usually.

Anyway, I really haven't seen any valid arguments raised besides "DE already said they wouldn't", which, I mean, words are words. They might have underestimated the utility of or interest in such a feature.

If someone wants to read it I'll do a point-by-point rebuttal of arguments brought up in the thread, but I don't think anyone cares, probably.

The short version is that it would require a little bit of dev time to position the camera correctly so that it didn't clip into the player model and that's really all. Some players would enjoy using it, others would try it and nearly puke, and still others (most, probably) would never even see the totally optional keybind in the menu and that's fine.

For the naysayers:
KaY0DS1.png