Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

elite alerts ideas

Ragingwasabi

I have some ideas for elite alerts shown in this weeks prime time.

main issue i see is the buffs are frame and weapon specific. this is a slight issue for people who generally play using equipment that they feel like.
theyre either forced to use a set up they dont want to use, or they use what they want and never get the buffs.
So instead of weapon/frame specific buffs i suggest buffing what ever is equipped. ie buff the equipped frame and buff the equipped primary or the equipped secondary or the equipped melee.

At the same time i think the alerts should start off higher, at the same level as sortie 3, so lvl 80.

Another thing is the difference in difficulty between solo and playing in a squad.
Solo mode gives you only 1 chance, if u die, its mission over. In a squad, since ur team can revive you, so you pretty much have infinite lives.
So to make squad mode a bit harder, i suggest reducing bleed out timer from 20 seconds to maybe 15 or even 10 seconds.

Lastly if i heard right, some enemy buffs include resistance to knockdown. really not liking that. at that point enemies are just walking gods, since doing a melee slam attack will do nothing to them.

Edited by Ragingwasabi

Just now, Omega-Shadowblade said:

Why include a buff at all if it would just works regardless? That seems like it would defeat the point of moving people outside their comfort zone which is the intent.

its about fun not comfort zones. like i said some people like using certain set ups. its a game after all, why shouldnt they?

2 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

Knockdown immunity for enemies isn't that bad honestly. melee slams was nowhere high on the list of easy enemy disabling.

why not? its free and can be executed any time ur in the air. depending on the weapon u can get up to 10m radius cc just like that. if ur frame doesnt CC and neither does ur primary, melee slam attacks can be a pretty handy. As someone who mains a hybrid trin with powerful single shot primaries, ive actually tend to use slam attacks very often.
But thats not really the point. i just think enemies being straight up immune to CC in general is a bad idea.

15 minutes ago, Ragingwasabi said:

main issue i see is the buffs are frame and weapon specific. this is a slight issue for people who generally play using equipment that they feel like.
theyre either forced to use a set up they dont want to use, or they use what they want and never get the buffs.
So instead of weapon/frame specific buffs i suggest buffing what ever is equipped. ie buff the equipped frame and buff the equipped primary or the equipped secondary or the equipped melee.

That... is the point. You are supposed to be pushed out of your comfort zone. Keep in mind that other frames are not "nerfed", it is just encouraging you to switch things up. If you want to use Mesa for everything, nothing is stopping you.

16 minutes ago, Ragingwasabi said:

At the same time i think the alerts should start off higher, at the same level as sortie 3, so lvl 80.

Keep in mind they are endless, and you have to go at least 30 min (at the current build) in order to get your first chance at a 'C' pool reward. By the time you get to C, enemies will be level 100+.

17 minutes ago, Ragingwasabi said:

Another thing is the difference in difficulty between solo and playing in a squad.
Solo mode gives you only 1 chance, if u die, its mission over. In a squad, since ur team can revive you, so you pretty much have infinite lives.
So to make squad mode a bit harder, i suggest reducing bleed out timer from 20 seconds to maybe 15 or even 10 seconds.

They said there was no reviving... at all, including bleedout.

On this point however, I would actually like to see Arcane Revives be able to be used in this mode (only way to revive).

18 minutes ago, Ragingwasabi said:

Lastly if i heard right, some enemy buffs include resistance to knockdown. really not liking that. at that point enemies are just walking gods, since doing a melee slam attack will do nothing to them.

I'll agree with this one, I would rather not have a bunch of arbitrary augmentations added to enemies. Let it be a more 'pure' form of combat. The level scaling (remember kids, enemies scale exponentially) and lack of revives is plenty of a challenge.

Just now, Ragingwasabi said:

its about fun not comfort zones. like i said some people like using certain set ups. its a game after all, why shouldnt they?

why not? its free and can be executed any time ur in the air. depending on the weapon u can get up to 10m radius cc just like that. if ur frame doesnt CC and neither does ur primary, melee slam attacks can be a pretty handy. As someone who mains a hybrid trin with powerful single shot primaries, ive actually tend to use slam attacks very often.
But thats not really the point. i just think enemies being straight up immune to CC in general is a bad idea.

Clearly you have never played games where the fun is being thrust out of your comfort zone. That's the intent here: to promote playing outside normal boundaries.

Slams take way too long as a cc personally, even jumping to operator to knock down people with dashes just seems much faster. Don't get me wrong, I like melee, I just don't see slams as a very reliable form of CC currently. Maybe it'll be better with 3.0.

For the level range we'll be going up against, I can withstand even the loss of some forms of crowd control, there are ways to simply fight around it. It won't slow me down at all.

7 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

Clearly you have never played games where the fun is being thrust out of your comfort zone. That's the intent here: to promote playing outside normal boundaries.

man to repeat myself, its not about comfort zones. eg: i find loki really boring. its not like his hard to play. also dont like infested weapons for aesthetics reasons. so i never use them. etc etc. thats my problem here. but ok, the buffs arent necessary or anything so i guess its fine.

Edited by Ragingwasabi

6 minutes ago, Ragingwasabi said:

man to repeat myself, its not about comfort zones. eg: i find loki really boring. its not like his hard to play. also dont like infested weapons for aesthetics reasons. so i never use them. etc etc. thats my problem here. but ok, the buffs arent necessary or anything so i guess its fine.

Nothing is forcing you to use a certain Warframe. Nothing I saw said "Mesa deals 50% less damage". You can use whatever you want, but you are ENCOURAGED to try something new.

1 minute ago, DrBorris said:

Nothing is forcing you to use a certain Warframe. Nothing I saw said "Mesa deals 50% less damage". You can use whatever you want, but you are ENCOURAGED to try something new.

yes ive alredy agreed to. read that last sentence. and what is ur fascination with mesa cos it aint mine.

13 hours ago, Julian_Skies said:

The buff mostly are there to encourage you using strange and suboptimal builds. Imagine a Zylok buff modifier, would you try it then? 

Oh thats a nice idea but for something else not these supposedly 'hard' alerts . If the buffs are random and land on something decent it removes good part of the challenge,  If they land on some Kraken... who even keeps that fodder?

The game is already so casual we need handicaps like instant death (which is pointless with unkillable frames lol) for any thrill to be had,.

I like the idea of one death and you're booted out of the mission. No revives. Its why Dark Souls is so hard. Imagine gaining all those resources, all that affinity and focus, all those drops, etc and then you get killed. Tough luck. I just wish they don't dumb down the AI like in Sanctuary. Make the AI more aggressive and vicious.