The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe and General Discussion

Joe_Barbarian

Sorry but I don't have a video to link of some random ranting content creator to back up my bad posting so here are some cats doing dumb things.

I've been lurking and bad posting as some of you may have noticed and honestly it at times reads like how EVE Online reddit reads like ( If you don't know about EVE basically it's a mining e-peen simulator 2017 - 2018 in wizard hats ) 

I will say some posts are chilled threads of people discussing real things, but over the last couple of months I've started to notice as the content thins out that players are getting bored and essentially throwing whatever they can at the forums to up their post count and that fancy green reputation counter. 

I've not even started on the dumb click bait titles, can we make that a forum rule? Every time someone does a ", but ..." at the end of their thread it just gets instant locked and all their reputation reset to 0 or have their names in red that they are a clickbaiter (I think i just made that word up but oh well)

Finally, what is going on with people making a new thread about literally the same thing that was posted the day before ?! (In some cases literally hours apart and the same s*** posted in each thread) I've lost count how many "Chroma Prime Rework idea" style thread was posted as his prime was coming up. I've seen more organisation in a cage of monkeys in a zoo that some of the people unable to comment on someone else thread about the topic they are posting about.

that's just what happens when people get bored and there's nothing else to do. personally I've been playing some other games like Warface, and Killing Floor 2 got an update for halloween. some people can chill out, some people can't. it'll subside when Mainline hits, if only for a few days.

don't weep for the stupid, you'll be crying all day.

49 minutes ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

players are getting bored and essentially throwing whatever they can at the forums to up their post count and that fancy green reputation counter. 

I started browsing the forums instead of r/Warframe cause I heard about the Design Council and wanted to get in on the discussion for development heavy stuff. I've made a few posts, but my observation is that compartmentalized threads are neglected.

I've posted in bugs, in missions, in warframes, but the thread that gets the most attention is here, general discussion. I'd like to discuss the game with the forum audience and this seems to be my problem. As an older player how do you recommend posting about mission bugs/improvements, in game controls, or warframe reworks if the specialized threads for them are neglected?

Edited by Lewtenant
Deleted I posted I've posted.

44 minutes ago, Lewtenant said:

1 - I heard about the Design Council and wanted to get in on the discussion for development heavy stuff. I've made a few posts, but my observation is that compartmentalized threads are neglected.

2 - As an older player how do you recommend posting about mission bugs/improvements, in game controls, or warframe reworks if the specialized threads for them are neglected?

1- You do not have Founder status to access Design Council both in forums and in-game chat , don't think you will be able to get in on a discussion for development heavy stuff.

2- Bugs go into Bugs Section in their respective subforum. If you have anything to share about " improvements, in game controls, or warframe reworks ", then post them in Feedback Section.

" But Aeon , those specialized threads are neglected ! "

Well posting them in General Discussion won't make any difference as DE do not read threads in GD. Devs do read Feedback Section and take feedback , especially Megathreads but that doesn't mean they have to do everything we have posted tho.  Or maybe it will take time to do the things we have asked.

An example ;

Infinite Archwing charges coming with mainline update in next week , do you know how many times we have asked for it and how long it took to implement ? Thousand times and A WHOLE YEAR , since Plains of Eidolons's release.

We ask for improvements / reworks but do we really aware of the workload on DE ? They have their work schelude to follow and their priority is bring us Fortuna and Melee 3.0 atm.

Post your suggestions to improve the game and hope for the best. Our suggestions can make their way into the game eventually but things take time. 

Edited by Aeon94

None of this is particularly new, unfortunately.

Edit:

I've seen more organisation in a cage of monkeys in a zoo that some of the people unable to comment on someone else thread about the topic they are posting about.

What do you expect? We are the superior being.

Edited by DeMonkey

13 hours ago, Aeon94 said:

Joe :facepalm:

You dwell in forums but missed the entire announcement ?! :d

They also mentioned this in the last dev stream...that it would be separate from and before the Fortuna update.

Still, I don't expect it to do anything to stem the flood of "content drought" posts. :thinking: Would love it if one of the moderators would just merge them all into one colossal whine thread.