Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Giving Panthera Beam Weapon Properties?

Zandermanith222

I just used the Panthera recently and found the alt-fire very...unsatisfying, and it was mostly because it only procced damage twice a second or so. I feel like what with Beam weapons now operating as they are, that their rapid-damaging properties should be applied to the Panthera alt fire as well. I mean you're grinding a spinning sawblade against enemies, I feel like it should just explode with damage numbers! Not just prod the enemy a couple of times a second!

Whouldn't adding beam properties only result in adding spoolup and spooldown times?

But in general i agree, it needs a faster attack rate, even if the damage is reduced by the amount to keep the DPS the same.

It whould still be a small buff when using Corrosive damge for armor stripping.

But the most important is, that yes, a circular saw should indead cause a heap of number to pop up, even if they are smaller ones.

Panthera altfire has been converted to the new system, bit later than other beam weapons but it ultimately was converted.

39 minutes ago, Zandermanith222 said:

I just used the Panthera recently and found the alt-fire very...unsatisfying, and it was mostly because it only procced damage twice a second or so.

Gee I wonder why

hceea37.png

Of course, it'd be lovely if it was bumped to 10RPS and .1 ammo use per hit, but the current state of affairs might be a result of technical limitations.

Edited by JuicyButthurt

15 hours ago, JuicyButthurt said:

Of course, it'd be lovely if it was bumped to 10RPS and .1 ammo use per hit, but the current state of affairs might be a result of technical limitations.

Honestly... considering its short range, I don't think it should use any ammo at all.

I'd love if Panthera's firing modes were combined into one. So holding M1 would cause the sawblade to spin in front, dealing continuous damage to anything in contact, and then releasing M1 would launch that sawblade as normal. Like the Ripper from Dead Space.
(I never use this weapon, though, so I don't know how well this would go over with current panthera fans.)

50 minutes ago, SortaRandom said:

Honestly... considering its short range, I don't think it should use any ammo at all.

I'd love if Panthera's firing modes were combined into one. So holding M1 would cause the sawblade to spin in front, dealing continuous damage to anything in contact, and then releasing M1 would launch that sawblade as normal. Like the Ripper from Dead Space.
(I never use this weapon, though, so I don't know how well this would go over with current panthera fans.)

Omfg YES

The Panthera is basically Dead Space's Ripper

it already got converted to the new Continuous Damage Mechanics, as aforementioned.
which, already allows it to be ridiculously powerful. basically vaporizes Lv100 Armored Enemies with a bad Loadout and no Riven.

1 hour ago, SortaRandom said:

thematically nice, though would make it much harder to use the Primary Fire like an Assault Rifle as it is currently sorta setup for. lotta clicking, heh.

Edited by taiiat