Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good changes for warframes:

Rogelio_Gaona

Hello, before I start I want to thank everyone in advance for your attention.
I will try to express myself as best I can, and as gently as possible, my English is still not very good (I'm still working on that), but if I look a little rude, please let me know it in the comments.

1: The changes I suggest are mainly focused to make all warframes more useful, consistent, dynamic, and cooperative friendly without modifying the concept of their kit.

• These are not rework ideas, I really believe that some warframes need rework (specially nyx, vauban, wukong) but that should be treated in individual post for each warframe.

2: The changes for aim mechanics are focused to improve the controller gameplay (specially for console players).

• Arleady notice that revenant have that small autoaim fov on his 1 (but on him is arround 10°~15°).

Ash: The main issue I see with ash is that is a very capable and funny warframe but is too slow for what supposes to be a ninja, so there are multiple changes I suggest.

1 Shuriken:

• Perfect as it is but would be great can hold to charge and do more damage.

2 Smoke Screen:

• Make it recastable, or do a second stunt at the end,
  • If press the channel button during animation dissolve the enemy body.

3 Teleport:

• Let the default ability to perform the finisher.
  • Add auto aim in a small fov (20°).
  • For the augment, let the damage bonus and energy return but also add a little radial stagger (1m).

4 Blade storm: This is the main reason why ash feels slow so:

• Instead of need to point directly add an fov (40°) range base detection, If aim reduce the fov to 20° but double the distance.
  • 3 clones instead of 2 and if an enemy have multiple tags, instead of make the same enemy get hit multiple times, increase the damage of the clones and the combo counter per hit.
  • If is active (targeting mode) and use the 2 on an enemy tagged, automatically start the assault and cinematic. (because activate his 4 then activate the assault, then try to teleport on a tagged enemy hoping to the clones doesn’t kill him first in order to see the cinematic feels really awkward).
  • A small not necessary but potentially amazing aesthetic change:
    • Make the clones come out from the ash body and at the end come back to him.

Atlas: The only issue I see with him is his 1.

1 Landslide:

• Is basically a strong melee ability so remove the need to aim directly to the enemy, instead hit the closest enemy and prioritize the direction of the movement (like the melee weapons).

Ember: She is supposed to be a squishy damage dealer so:

1 Fireball:

• Make the projectile wide, like old arca plasmor fire, and change the charge time to 1 sec.

2 Accelerant:

• Add a little increase in reload speed fire rate and melee speed.

3 Fire Blast:

• Instead of a ring, put the floor area on fire (like a Molotov, the ring visuals are very distracting).
  • Instead of add damage, increase the drop chance of loot for enemies burned inside the area.
  • For the wave, instead of do fire damage (unnecessarily redundant because of her 4), increase the enemy movement speed but decrease their damage.

4 World on fire:

• Add a good fire damage bonus for ember weapons (I know that she 3 does that but she is squishy, stay in a place in order to do more damage is not a good option for her).

Gara: She is perfect just a little touch

2 Splinter Storm:

• Add an indicator for the duration of her 2 on pets and defense/excavation targets.
  • Add a small auto aim fov (20°)(prioritise allies over enemies).

Hydroid:

2 Tidal Surge:

• Press again during animation to stop.

Khora:

2 Ensnare:

• If use ensnare on an enemy trapped by strangledome, ensnare all enemies and group them with him (make strangledome more coperative friendly and less awkward for allies).

Limbo:

1 Banish:

• Let affect enemies in the other side of the rift.

Loki:

1 Decoy:

• Add a small stunt when the decoy appears.

3 Swith Teleport:

• Add a small auto aim fov (20°).

Mag:

2 Magnetize:

• Allow to aim and put the magnetic sphere anywhere, even if there is no enemy, if aim an enemy behave as always.

Mesa:

1 Ballistic Battery:

• Double the multiplier.
  • Instead of buff 1 shot, buff an entire clip, or buff the shots made for 1 second.

2,3:

• Make recastable.

Mirage: She is the reason why I made this post in first place, is almost perfect but relies in a very inconsistent mechanic. let she rely in a more controlled and waaaay more easy and consistent mechanic.

2 Sleight of Hand:

• For the gem explotion, instead of blast, change for radiation with guaranteed proc.

3 Eclipse: Same as always but:

• instead ofIncrease damage on light, reduce damage taken in shadow.
  • Increase damage on foot, reduce damage taken on crouch (this affects sliding so even less spin2win).

The issue with she is than the light detection is so inconsistent that on so many times, standing in dark zones detects as lighted and same in the opposite way, even in many places without moving and just jumping on place changes the light detection, and sometimes even without moving randomly changes.

In my personal thought, this is probably the easiest but most noticeable and better QoL improvement.

Nekros:

4 Shadows of The Dead:

• Make his shadows unaffected by allie's abilities.

Nezha:

2 Blazing Chakram:

• Press again to recover, hold to teleport.

4 Divine Spears:

• Press again to recast, hold to slam.

Nidus:

3 Parasitic Link:

• Add a small auto aim fov (20°).

Nova:

1 Null Star:

• Make it recastable.

3 Worm Hole:

• If point someone (ally enemy or drone) make the wormhole line pass through them, and teleport them.

Nyx:

2 Psychic Bolts:

• Hold to increase damage and projectiles.

4 Absorb:

• Pull enemies close.

Octavia: I love Octavia but current visuals are too intrusive and cause headache sometimes.

3 Metronome:

• Make the lines a lot thinner, and add a thin circle line 1m radius waving in the center (like a scale version of the circle of her 1), and keep the center of that circle line always transparent, so when players timing the collision of the thin lines and the thin perimeter of the little circle, glow a little the perimeter line.

Rhino:

3 Roar:

• Make it recastable (mainly to be able to give the buff to allies not buffed without need to wait).

Saryn:

1 Spores:

• Add a middle auto aim fov (40°).

Titania:

1, 2, 3:

• Add a little auto aim fov (30°)(she needs that more than no one else),
  • While her 4 is active reduce the energy cost by half.

2 Tribute:

• If you shoot the tribute, it explodes doing a radial stunt and giving you the buff.

4 Razorwing:

• If aim, lock the z axis (height) movement, make only possible go up/down with the respective keys (space,ctrl/x,L1/a,Lb), so when aiming the move keys (wasd/left thumb) only moves you forward backward or sideward without changing your height.
  • Add vacuum.

Trinity:

1,2,3:

• Add a small auto aim fov (20°) and allow to cast in midair.

Valkyr:

1 Rip Line:

• Increase cast speed,
  • Add a small auto aim fov (20°)(for enemies and surfaces this would help to travel in the plains of eidolon, prioritise enemies over surfaces)
  • And add a little upward force if aim to a surface (in order to better move for valkyr).

Vauban:

1 Tesla:

• 3 grenades instead of only 1.
  • Reduce the charge time by half,
  • If throwed inside bastille double the charges.

Wukong:

1 Iron Jab:

• Make it wide.

3 Cloud Walker:

• Allow to interact with environmental objects.
  • Change to not be detected by spy defenses.

Zephir:

1 Tail Wind:

• Roll backwards to stop, hold in midair to stay at place (like when hold normally on ground).
  • When hit enemies, push them outside of her way.

4 Tornado:

• Make the tornadoes transparent, (the current visuals are too distracting).

Thank you again for reading (elaborate this thread took me all day XD) and if anyone have some additional suggestions (for QoL changes, not for reworks) please leave them in the comments.

Edited by Rogelio_Gaona

En 16/10/2018 a las 21:06, (XB1)oOJeshuanOo dijo:

Jeez my eyes are thirsty. You put a lot of time into this, time well spent. But the hidden contents tabs are for spoilers.

I know it, but i do this way for make it more organised, but if i see that some tennos have inconveniences reading this im gonna edit the thread and quit the spilers XD.

Changed for quotes, 😄 

Ty for the feedback :D.

Edited by Rogelio_Gaona
I had never noticed that they also fold. 😅

26 minutes ago, Rogelio_Gaona said:

1 Rip Line:

• Increase cast speed, add a small auto aim fov (20°) and add a little upward force if aim to a place in order to move valkyr.

Auto aim for what? This is castable anywhere, not just enemies and often you'll want to fling yourself towards a group of enemies and not bring one of them "near" you.

Same with Titania's 1. The most useful part of it, to me, is the Status immunity from being within the AoE. I don't want to put it somewhere I am not explicitly aiming.

hace 7 horas, peterc3 dijo:

1 Rip Line:

• Increase cast speed, add a small auto aim fov (20°) and add a little upward force if aim to a place in order to move valkyr.

Auto aim for what? This is castable anywhere, not just enemies and often you'll want to fling yourself towards a group of enemies and not bring one of them "near" you.

Same with Titania's 1. The most useful part of it, to me, is the Status immunity from being within the AoE. I don't want to put it somewhere I am not explicitly aiming.

edited: my fault i think i shoud be more clear with valkyr, also:

2: The changes for aim mechanics are focused to improve the controller gameplay (specially for console players).

for reference mesa's 4 have 15° FoV at the end,

Edited by Rogelio_Gaona