Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Celestia Syandana

S.Dust

I have one request and it is to make it so that the Celestia Syandana  a cosmetic items that players have to actually actively play a gamemode to get have its upkeep removed. If i worked for the syandana i should be able to use it in all its Glory because it looks really cool and I think if i earned it i should have it in its entirety. 

Now something I wanna say is NEVER REMOVE IT FROM CONCLAVE its a special syandana that can be earned and no matter how much people say the gamemode is dead its only dead because people are unwilling to try to get better at it, for those of us who enjoy the mode and actually worked to the max rank for the syandana we deserve to have it stay that way. Also the gamemode isnt completely dead it actually has a nice small community of players that play it and while there are a few really really really good players the rest of us are average and have fun with it.

TL;DR

• Have the syandana's glowing effects always active, if someone earned it they shouldn't have to work on it every week.
  • Don't belittle the effort of conclave players by catering to the complainers who ask for the syandana to be moved or made easier to get.

not playing conclave cause its time waste. Cause no rewards (for me). I can use my time much better farming real things with rewards. 

the only nice reward is sayandana,but when i reilized that u have to grind conclave forever for its glow - i understood thats its S#&$ty reward too. sadly, cause i was ready to farm max level in conclave just for shiny sayandana. 

That syandana is an item supposed to show your dedication about the Conclave. If they'd want every 'who so ever player' to get it they wouldn't have put it into the last, the Typhoon rank. Its meant to be this way and the intention behind that decision is totally reasonable. You won't die from not owning it or not having it lit. Especially not if you don't give a damn about the game mode.

1 hour ago, Loxyen said:

That syandana is an item supposed to show your dedication about the Conclave. If they'd want every 'who so ever player' to get it they wouldn't have put it into the last, the Typhoon rank. Its meant to be this way and the intention behind that decision is totally reasonable. You won't die from not owning it or not having it lit. Especially not if you don't give a damn about the game mode.

you talking to me ? cause I was saying to make sure it never gets placed anywhere but conclave so that they dont undermine people. The main point of this post is just for them to make it so that the syandana's light effect is always on cause it's actually annoying to not be able to always use it because you havent done this weeks challenges or something. I mean people earned the syandana why should they have to keep putting in more work.

15 minutes ago, S.Dust said:

I mean people earned the syandana why should they have to keep putting in more work.

Imo it’s not really “work” if you enjoy the game mode. Besides every max rank Syndicate syandana has similar mechanics where they only obtain their “full” or “best” look when you complete a task, so the Conclave syandana doing the same is only fitting.

Plus what about those who like the look of it unlit, or with a certain amount of light pairs? Making it permanently fully lit would remove options for those players.

I feel the best solution imo would be to let players purchase permanent light pairs for more standing, maybe with the visuals being toned down slightly or changed to differentiate between those who earned their lights through dailies and those who did it through standing. This way players who prefer the dynamic version can keep that, while players who want it permanently lit can now do so.

1 hour ago, OmegaZero633 said:

Imo it’s not really “work” if you enjoy the game mode. Besides every max rank Syndicate syandana has similar mechanics where they only obtain their “full” or “best” look when you complete a task, so the Conclave syandana doing the same is only fitting.

Plus what about those who like the look of it unlit, or with a certain amount of light pairs? Making it permanently fully lit would remove options for those players.

I feel the best solution imo would be to let players purchase permanent light pairs for more standing, maybe with the visuals being toned down slightly or changed to differentiate between those who earned their lights through dailies and those who did it through standing. This way players who prefer the dynamic version can keep that, while players who want it permanently lit can now do so.

The other syndicates are short term effects for the mission, also it is work if you enjoy the mode cause you dont always wanna play but you do want to use the syandana you earned.

32 minutes ago, S.Dust said:

The other syndicates are short term effects for the mission, also it is work if you enjoy the mode cause you dont always wanna play but you do want to use the syandana you earned.

That’s what the weeklies are for. Beat them and you get three pairs of lights for the rest of the week, with the fourth lighting up on a daily. Easy enough to maintain imo even for someone like me who is below average in Conclave.

Not saying your point isn’t valid, the number of threads on this illustrate that there is a demand for the fully lit syandana to be permanent after all. But what about those who don’t like it fully lit? Their purchase of the syandana would have been wasted in the case where your proposal goes through. That’s why I’m offering a solution that can work for pretty much every player preference.

2 minutes ago, OmegaZero633 said:

That’s what the weeklies are for. Beat them and you get three pairs of lights for the rest of the week, with the fourth lighting up on a daily. Easy enough to maintain imo even for someone like me who is below average in Conclave.

Not saying your point isn’t valid, the number of threads on this illustrate that there is a demand for the fully lit syandana to be permanent after all. But what about those who don’t like it fully lit? Their purchase of the syandana would have been wasted in the case where your proposal goes through. That’s why I’m offering a solution that can work for pretty much every player preference.

When you purchase it you see it fully lit.

1 hour ago, S.Dust said:

There's also a description displaying how it works right before buying it. Players compulsively buying stuff without first reading those descriptions is an entirely different problem.

Edited by Stormdragon

2 hours ago, Stormdragon said:

There's also a description displaying how it works right before buying it. Players compulsively buying stuff without first reading those descriptions is an entirely different problem.

I know that im just saying most people dont know the order things are lit in and about how weeklys and daily's light up different things so assuming they buy it knowing that it just not realistic.

5 hours ago, S.Dust said:

As Storm said above, the description also explains that the lights on the syandana vary depending on dailies done. Sure a player may not understand what it looks like unlit/partially lit until they own it, but it’s already clear that the syandana is not always lit unless the buyer has poor reading comprehension.

But really (and at the risk of sounding rude so apologies in advance), so what if it’s fully lit in the preview? Is that an excuse to ignore how the syandana works currently, and gloss over people who’d prefer unlit/partiallly lit as an option? What if a player did research before buying it and decided they liked it without lights, does the preview being fully lit invalidate their purchase?

52 minutes ago, OmegaZero633 said:

As Storm said above, the description also explains that the lights on the syandana vary depending on dailies done. Sure a player may not understand what it looks like unlit/partially lit until they own it, but it’s already clear that the syandana is not always lit unless the buyer has poor reading comprehension.

But really (and at the risk of sounding rude so apologies in advance), so what if it’s fully lit in the preview? Is that an excuse to ignore how the syandana works currently, and gloss over people who’d prefer unlit/partiallly lit as an option? What if a player did research before buying it and decided they liked it without lights, does the preview being fully lit invalidate their purchase?

I think the people who like it unlit are the minority. I get what you're saying but there are probably more people who want it fully lit. Some people have been turned away from conclave because the one good reward is something that you keep having to work on even after you earn it. Before you say if they're only in conclave for the reward they dont deserve it that could be argued because it means they are willing to deal with it and play the hours they need to get where they need to get the syandana. It could also be argued that nothing in this game is dont without incentive other than helping others. Dont get me wrong I enjoy conclave I also own the syandana and it is a genuine hassle to have to play for the challenges to get the thing lit for what is only a week. Also lets say I didnt know before I bought the syandana that would be the developers faults for showing it the way they did  (i did know how it worked though), people skim text or ignore it alot how often do you read the fine print on cosmetics if it looks good you probably just get it.

Edited by S.Dust

Yeah I can certainly understand that sentiment, and as I said earlier there is definitely a demand for a hassle free full-lit syandana. I just hope that if/when DE ever addresses this, they will do so in a manner that will keep the variable lights of the syandana while also maintaining its status as a symbol of the Conclave. 

If you want to keep the 'dedication to Conclave' thing, why not just allow players to spend 132,000 standing to permanently light up a pair (or single light)? Surely requiring 528,000 or 924,000 standing being sunk into it not even counting the cost to buy the thing shows 'dedication'. A MR25 player getting all weekly challenges, maxing daily standing, and getting most daily challenges would still need a bit over 2 weeks (or a bit less then a month if you use the single light) of constant conclave playing while completing challenges to amass said standing.

Surely spending an entire month of playtime and savings counts as enough dedication for most players?